HELP: Dead Battery | FerrariChat

HELP: Dead Battery

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by faSt4, Nov 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. faSt4

faSt4 Rookie

Mar 13, 2004
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    M. B.
    Hey guys, need a little help here. The battery on my 1991 348tb has died, leaving the car to just sit. I'm pinched for time because it will be snowing up here in Canada soon, so I don't have time to tow it to the dealer for a fix. The car NEEDS to be driven to my second garage for winter storage. I tried to boost the car off another with no luck, for some reason I couldn't get the booster cables hooked up to the battery terminals properly.

Any tricks or tips? Anything else I could try?
    Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

2. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    if the battery is totally dead, it may not take a charge......just go to walmart and buy a battery with like posts.........that's what I did, worked fine and only cost 57.00

3. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I personally get a new one at Walmart every spring...one of the smaller maintanence cost for the car =)

348 has a pretty hard battery to get to though doesn't it..in front of one of the front wheels?

4. faSt4

faSt4 Rookie

Mar 13, 2004
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    M. B.
    The battery is behind and above the driver's side rear wheel. Well, at least it is here in Canada.

Does anyone know how difficult it will be to remove the battery with no lift??

5. faSt4

faSt4 Rookie

Mar 13, 2004
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    M. B.
    Battery changed, problem fixed! :)

6. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Don't forget the fuel stabilizer.

I put all my toys to bed about 3 weeks ago...always a sad day. Spring will come though.