Removing TR wheels | FerrariChat

Removing TR wheels

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by GREENHOUSE, Nov 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GREENHOUSE

GREENHOUSE Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    MIKE
    Does anyone have any tips on removing center nut from any early Testarossa wheels. I have three of them loose fourth one is stuck big time. I'am on my second ratchet and second breaker bar 3/4 drive good old Sears life time warranty. I put anti seize on the center nuts about three months ago.
    Mike

2. Jeff Pintler

Jeff Pintler Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2005
    Richland
    Full Name:
    Jeff Pintler
    Short of pulling the drive shaft and aplying heat to the backside of the hub you just need to get another piece of pipe to lengthen the lever arm. Please make sure you are turning them the right direction (a new one is $700 and they crack on the second thread). By the way, The Hill Engineering socket is a piece of art (Ricambi---an advertiser) The rears kinda loosen on their own so check them. Good luck.

Jeff Pintler
    89 348tb, 86tr

3. sparky p-51

sparky p-51 Formula 3

Aug 8, 2004
    klamath falls, Or.
    Full Name:
    steve
    Soaked the hell out of whichever nut wouldnt come loose with triflow for a day. Used the wrench in tool kit and beat on with a 5lb sledge. All this via Brian Crall. Worked like a charm. Make sure you are loostening in the direction of the arrow on that nut.

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    When they are REALLY tight hitting the factory wrench with a big hammer is sometimes the only way to get them off. A very long pipe (6 feet or so) and a socket and breaker bar with a jack stand supporting the socket and a helper in the car standing on the brake pedal will usually get them off. If that will not do it go back to the wrench and hammer.

5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

6. sparky p-51

sparky p-51 Formula 3

Aug 8, 2004
    klamath falls, Or.
    Full Name:
    steve
    #6 sparky p-51, Nov 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Daniel is correct. Your gonna need one of these TR wheel nut sockets and a good two way snapping torque wrench (Snap On 550.00) to reinstall.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. GREENHOUSE

GREENHOUSE Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    MIKE
    Thanks for the help I have the socket from hill works great. I went over to the truck repair place today they were able to break the nut lose with a 1" impact gun, now i can get the new tires instaled. The skid pad and the Firestone Firehawk did not get a long vary well the cords broke and splintered through the rubber.
    Mike

8. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    There is not a tire made that has Firestone on the side that is not crap, especially the Firehawk.

You have a real car, buy some real tires.

9. GREENHOUSE

GREENHOUSE Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    MIKE
    The Firerocks were on the TR when when I bought it.
    Mike

10. sparky p-51

sparky p-51 Formula 3

Aug 8, 2004
    klamath falls, Or.
    Full Name:
    steve
    #10 sparky p-51, Nov 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017