Another Enzo destroyed in Nice, France. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Another Enzo destroyed in Nice, France.

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by poppy84, Nov 25, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lor2435

lor2435 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2005
    NYC
    just caught fire? was he racing throught the streets or something? sounds fishy....

2. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    i really hope ferrari is addressing the fire problem........im not seeing any other exotics burst into flames when they crash..could be wrong but it seems like ferrari has a high rate of cars bursting into flames when they crash at relatively low speeds...

3. GTB4NART

GTB4NART Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2004
    Seems like when a car rips in half, the fuel lines just spray everywhere (still lots of pressure in the lines even when the pumps are off). Fire is not a surprising result but the fact that these cars are crashing so often with them being so new is strange. Aren't there over 1000 F40s? The car has been out for nearly 20 years and I don't recall this many shunts in nearly this same time period.

4. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    the fuel line thing is exactly what i was thinking but it seems to me like it be a rather easy fix. or at the very least they should add fire systems from the factory.....

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Sabotage ?

6. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #56 darth550, Nov 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    saadxj220 likes this.
  7. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Did you just come back from seeing the new Bond flick?

8. furious_ferrari

furious_ferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Phil
    oh no, not a black one! That is very sad!

9. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Man, who the hell cares that it's an Enzo and that it's a black one at that.
    Hopefully the guy is NOT as bad as it sounds.

10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I wouldnt call it a bond ..

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I still don't get it how you end up with such a massive accident at 60 mph. The Promenade des Anglais on an afternoon is not a place where you can do high speeds, it is *VERY* busy with lots of red lights in between. This is strange.

12. rafo

rafo Karting

Jun 6, 2005
    CA
    No other car involved and speeds below 100mph? My money is the TC on the car was off. This was driver error. Simply turn off traction control, jump on the throttle at 50 mph (in Enzo you dont even have to go WOT), and before this guy could react he spun and hit the tree.

13. Valence

Valence Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris& Brian Coffing
    Yes, depending on the extent of his burns, this may be a fate worse than death.

This is the second crash of almost exactly the same type in just over a month - apparently relatively low speed on a surface street, hit a tree just off the side of the road, massive fire. Nobody seems to want to talk much about the other one, though.

I agree with Jim that a fire system should be considered a critical component in these cars.

Jim, what do you use in the P 4/5?

Chris

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Definitely driver error. The article doesn't reveal any more details, but mentions how dramatic the event was: The Enzo passed a car, then lost control and hit the tree, instantly bursting into flames. The driver jumped out in flames and the passengers of the passed car stopped and threw their clothes on the burning man and his passenger.
    It happened near the airport from where the fire trucks arrived moments later.

15. Vector-France

Vector-France Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    Monaco
    Full Name:
    fqogil (Gilles)
    #66 Vector-France, Nov 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Am i the only guy who has contempt for the owner, Suleyman Abusaidovich Kerimov? He was directly involved in the "Oil for food" scandel, and who knows what else... while i don't wish him dead, or otherwise; I also wouldn't wish this kind of guy well.

17. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    At the time i was under the Impression that his condition wasn't that bad. Now I know how sever his condition really is...

18. LV Eric

LV Eric Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2006
    LA & LV
    Full Name:
    eric
    Thats a good question and how involved would it be to retro fit an Enzo with it.

19. Valence

Valence Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris& Brian Coffing
    I assume if he did it to the P 4/5, then the basic system would carry over, given the similar layout of the cars.

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You're not the only one. The oligarchs from Russia leave a very bad taste in my mouth. A lot of them didn't get their money through proper biz deals but rather through corruption. Exploiting the resources of Russia to the detriment of its people.

21. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Fitting a fire system to any car is no big deal. Basically it's a bottle or gas generator, tubing to the cockpit and the engine compartment, wiring and a button. I use SPA dual zone systems in all my cars.

P 4/5 has a gas generation system as used in F1 cars. Any competent race shop can install one.

http://www.spatechnique.com/product_pages/motorsportfiresystems.asp

22. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    if you noticed i threw in a *damn* and a black on too.
    and for someone who's every second post is something stupid, what give you the right to say anything to me?

23. Valence

Valence Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris& Brian Coffing
    Thanks for the info, Jim. By the way, do you know of a system like this (made for cars as opposed to boats or airplanes) that will go off automatically in the event of a crash if the driver is unable to hit the buttom himself? Thanks

24. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus

My boat has an automatic system which is a heat trigger but I've never heard of one in a car. SPA are good guys and answer any questions. Give them a call. They also make bottles and gas generation systems in carbon fiber which they can tell you about. If you're interested and call them mention P 4/5 and they'll know what system I used.