Lotus 7 replica builders? | FerrariChat

Lotus 7 replica builders?

Discussion in 'British' started by 360gtracer, Nov 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360gtracer

360gtracer Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    If anyone has built, or is building, a Lotus 7 replica, please PM me. I have a friend who's looking for some build experiences (which kit, how good/bad was it, etc.).

Thanks!

George P.

2. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    Im planning/drawing mine up now. Id like to start next fall.

go to www.locostusa.com

they have lots of info.

3. vteqe

vteqe Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    I own a 1970 Lotus 7 series 3, an original. Somewhat familair with the car although it was factory built.

4. rovingardener

rovingardener Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D
  5. rovingardener

rovingardener Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D
    Contact jmn on the forum. He is, I believe, the importer for Caterham, and an F-chatter.

6. rloewy

rloewy Karting

Aug 4, 2004
    I have a Birkin. Mine came as a rolling chassis - but they are available also (I think) in kit form (I am not keeping up with the latest and greatest stuff they have).

Overall I think it is a very good quality car... for a 7 (all 7s are toys, not real cars - you do not have the build quality of real cars in these machines). In other words - at the time I got it I thought it was better than the Caterham classic they had at the time for not much more money and almost as good as the Caterham De-dion which was much more expensive.

There could be other options now - but as I said - It has been 6 years since I got mine - so things might be a bit different.