Dealer: Central NJ Ferrari | FerrariChat

Dealer: Central NJ Ferrari

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by sezme, Dec 3, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
    Anyone have experience (good, bad) with these guys?

TIA,

Stu

2. Harmonyautosport

Harmonyautosport Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2006
    New York
    They are a top of the line dealership, speak to Chris M.

3. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Good experience

Looking at something in their inventory?

4. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
    No. My CS has been there for service 12 days. When I called to find out how things were going - I was told that they hadn't started yet. Needless to say - I wan't very happy. I sent a detailed email to the service writer as well as the Service Manager. It was very specific and to the point.

I just guess that I want to make sure these folks will actually do what they say they will do....

5. frank320

frank320 Karting

Feb 27, 2005
    Watchung NJ, USA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Stuart,
    The guys at FCNJ take pretty good care of my stradale even though i did not buy it from them. I also really enjoy their summer F1 events. Let me know when you are going to bring in your stradale, I might stop by with mine as long as i happen to be in NJ that day.

F

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I haven't done any service with them yet, only dealt with sales.

Their parts guy got me some stuff I wanted though.

7. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    They will absolutely do what they say they'll do. FoCNJ is top-notch as far as both service quality & sales experience. Prices are definitely full dealer level (no discounts here), but you get dealer-level service.

Unfortunately that means a lot of people use them, and there's usually a backlog. This is pretty much par for the course in the Ferrari service world, no matter where you go...(even our friends at Arena Motors have both lifts and all spots in the garage filled with cars to work on!)

What's being done to the car? This also weighs heavily on the waiting time...oil change is one thing, major service + clutch is another...

nlh

8. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    So... what's the problem?

The best dealers I've dealt with are Ferrari of Central New Jersey and Ferrari of Newport Beach. It took me almost a month to get my 355 in for cats and an ECU swap at Newport Beach.

The longer the wait, the better the work. ;)

9. Ronbo

Ronbo Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Morris County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Outstanding dealership.

I haven't dealt with their service people, just sales and parts, but they seem first class to me and have a great rep with F-chat folks.

10. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Won't it be great when they make the Dino? :rolleyes:

11. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Stuart,

I understand your concern and also know that the folks at FCNJ will take good care of your Stradale.

Being a Porsche owner as you have been for years, one of the transitions to Ferrari ownership brings a need for added patience...both from a service and maintenance level.

In the end you will be rewarded with the "Ferrari experience" but as most of us know, nothing good comes without a little stress. :)

12. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
    Problem is that THEY scheduled the appt - the car has been there for 12 days - and they haven't even looked at it yet.

13. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
    Thanks for the kind analogy..... I'll chill. 'Just wanted to get in some driving time before the snow flies...

14. jarends

jarends Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2001
    Princeton, NJ
    Full Name:
    John Arends
    Sezme,,, are you my neighbor across the street?? I know you were thinking of going to Central Ferrari... I don't know your board name, so just checking.

I you, did you get my email on the battery tender??

J

15. riquede

riquede Karting

Aug 20, 2006
    T.River,NJ & WPB,FL
    Full Name:
    Deric
    sezme, i dropped off my 360 2 weeks ago for service over there and i just got it back on friday... they told me they have been backlogged with the holidays... But they did do a great job on my vehicle, so i wouldn't worry. By the way i saw your red CS there on thursday, they had it parked next to mine...beautiful car!

16. RolexNJ

RolexNJ Rookie

Oct 24, 2006
    NJ & South MA
    Full Name:
    Rob
    You mean Chris Miele? Interesting...

17. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    interesting?

18. RolexNJ

RolexNJ Rookie

Oct 24, 2006
    NJ & South MA
    Full Name:
    Rob
    thats it. yup. have a nice day too.

:)

19. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    ??

20. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    #20 zjpj, Dec 5, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    #21 CoreyNJ, Dec 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You guys are scaring me. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a 360 next week and the idea of not having my car for 2 weeks for a service is making me really change my mind. I'm coming from porsche ownership and and every dealer I've used has my car back quickly and they manage their service schedules so if they can't look at my car, I don't have to bring it in. BTW: I'm looking to put some miles on the car so I will be in for service more than every few years.

I was going back and forth on F-Car or keep my porsche since I just started getting the 3 year itch. I guess I'm still to young to have the patience required for how long service takes...

Here's my porsche...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. azew

azew Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2006
    New York
    The folks from Ferrari of Central New Jersey are without a doubt THE best from sales to service that I have ever known. The are knowledgable, thoughtful and precise.

Not knowing what was scheduled, it is hard to have an opinion about your service - I usually have my car serviced in the winter (when I am not driving it much) so I don't really mind if they have it 1 day or 4 weeks. Now, given the awesome weather we have had in the Northeast, not having the car and being able to take advantage of the weather might be a bit annoying, but....

Was there an expectation or estimate provided when you dropped it off? And what service are you having done?

23. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    If you're the type to get upset over two weeks in the shop, stick with Porsche, you will not enjoy Ferrari ownership.

24. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    The ghost of services past has haunted you too, huh? :)

25. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Not really. Just been around the block enough times.

Ever ordered parts out of Italy before? :D