Spent 10 grand to watch time go by... | FerrariChat

Spent 10 grand to watch time go by...

Discussion in '348/355' started by xavior, Dec 4, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xavior

xavior Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    #1 xavior, Dec 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I know this is not 355 related but I feel comfortable here.... shoot me, on second thought, dont, I know some of you would. :p

I went down to Hubot this morning in my 355 <-- there is the 355 relation, and dropped 10K on the Hublot Big Bang All Black. I have to wait 2 weeks for the watch but I am really happy I got it. This should match the black interior to my car. I think this is one of the most outstanding peices I have ever seen!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. F50

F50 Karting

Dec 24, 2003
    why don't you just say "i went and bought a really nice watch, here it is"
    why do you have to put in the 10k? did your penis grow when you bought the watch?

3. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Please grow up.

Great looking watch Xavior, I've never seen an all black watch like that before.

4. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

it's ok. i get very frustrated that the screws around the bezel cannot be indexed similarly...it would drive me crazy!!!

same issue for the royal oak. not real criticism of the watch functionally and i think hublot makes a very nice case and clearly the visionary of the rubber strap.

5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Wow. Small detail, but I agree with you.

Still a very sharp watch. Congrats.

6. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    At 100k you might get close to having a point.
    Price gives perspective.
    How else do you purpose the world goes about explaining the value of things.

7. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    How bad do you want to know? ;)

8. vail

vail Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    Vail
    Full Name:
    Donaldo
    The Royal Oak has its 8 screws indexed.

9. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#9 Ricambi America, Dec 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Wish I knew more about watches, but I guess I need to start wearing one first.. never wore a watch my whole life---am I alone??

11. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

yes...you are correct. sorry that i was wrong on the subject of the ap.

12. supernova

supernova Rookie

Nov 17, 2006
    Jeeez! that's a sweet looking watch. I'am glad you didn't go with a Rolex, I mean they are nice watches but not very exclusive if ya know what i mean.

13. xavior

xavior Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Price perspective. And, yes it did, glad you noticed.

my thoughts exactly. We are talking in a Ferrar forum. 10K is not even enough to buy a (if I am not mistaking, correct me if I am wrong) 355 F1 gear oil pump? We don't have to walk around tooting our horn in here, for 10K?

Thanks guys for the compliments on the watch. It is my first peice and I am happy with it. What I did find out is that Lamborghini will sponsor Hubot for the next All Black. It is supposed to be REALLY black. But you have to deal with the Lamborghini mark.

As far as the Rolex goes, I was told I should buy the Rolex Submariner as a first piece. Did not fancy the look. Was love at first site with the H-BB/AB.

14. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways

I don't wear a watch, but I might strap one on for the sake of art on special occassions. Xavior's black watch looks good in that light, as does the Ferrari Pit Crew watch. Daniel's Tissot works for me as well. I have a much more difficult "time" with Rolex's, however, because I've grown tired of setting and resetting the Rolex's that I've bought for my wife.

But, it's just jewelry so I can get over it, especially for her (though she wears one every day).

Funny. I'll drive my Ferrari every day but only wear a watch myself on special occassions. Go figure.

15. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    I am with you .... what is a watch for??? So I won't be late??? Isn't that what the Ferrari is for??? :D

16. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I wear one as my only jewelry.......... Some are very nice looking with nice movements.....

Then there is the Breitling Emergency, I wear it the most.

17. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    So what's the big deal about that watch?

Is it atomic clock accurate, can is withstand 20 atmospheres, does it never ever need winding, will it never break, are all the internal and external parts made of pure platinum?

It's a nice looking watch and all, but come on $10G's..........for a watch???? I know that there are more expensive watches out there, but I just cannot justify spending that kind of money on a watch. A few hundred bucks yeah, but several grand?

18. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    LOL!! It would take a "very" seductive/attractive sales girl and alot more than a "happy ending" ...... to get me to drop $10k on a watch.... well on the other hand...... this was in Tokyo, was that 10k in yen???? :p

I think the watch's name "big bang" is fitting ..... it may be their way of saying "grab your ankles" .... :eek: ....

Ok I'm done with the comedy....... nice watch.

19. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    You guys can have your hi-tech upscale watches. Give me a vintage Rolex every time!

20. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005

Get with the program! ;)

Watches are KEWL!

21. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005

What kind of car do you drive again? :)

22. xavior

xavior Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    as a matter of fact they have that one too.

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=1959562&rid=0

i think that was 60K for the watch. Now that....is ridiculous. But you have to think about it this way. Sure 10K is a big chunk of change. But most hardcore time peice collectors, 60K is nothing to them. I seen a Platinum Audi in Saudi. I mean, I would like to think that most of us, if not all of us are still living very well being able to own and maintain a Fcar. so i dont think 10K is that big. It was better then buying this...

http://www.hublot.ch/download/picture/hublot_bigbang_301_sx_130_rx_114.jpg

23. dapper

dapper Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Good for you, I could only dream of having a spare 10 big ones to flash out on a watch.

The Hublot doesn't do it for me but they are very personal things. I'd be up for a harry minters CK2915, rare as hens teeth, let alone a good one. Come to think of it even bog standard 321 pre pro speedys are getting hard to find other than the many abused bitsa's that come up on ebay!

24. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Beautiful watch mate! :):)

25. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005