Going from 355 to 360 Spyder | FerrariChat

Going from 355 to 360 Spyder

Discussion in '360/430' started by jcramair1, Dec 7, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jcramair1

jcramair1 Rookie

Dec 12, 2003
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    JJ
    I bought my first Ferrari about 4 months ago (95' 355 Berlinetta) added the Capristo exhaust to it and love the car. However this past weekend I went to Ferrari of Central FL (Orlando) just to browse at some of the cars in the showroom. Then I did it to myself and decided to test drive an 01' 360 Spyder Yellow on Black with F1 (4300 miles and Tubi). I never thought that I would every own an F1 sports car (love manual 6 speeds), I have to admit that I love the F1 transmission and it sounded amazing with the Tubi..different sound however than my 355 with Capristo.

We'll it's Thursday night and I have decided after 4 month's of owning the 355 that I am going to buy the 360. They are asking $163,000 for it and the previous sales man John Sliman (Great experience with him to date) said that the 15k has not been done and for that price they will do the service. Does that price seem on point for a 360 Spyder with 4300 miles? Anything major I should be aware for this year on the 360? Thanks..

2. 360RossoFiorano

360RossoFiorano Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2006
    Palmetto Bay, FL
    Only one thing.....

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!

Congrats post some pics asap!

3. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    are you selling the 355 for the 360? because i would much rather keep the 355...but if you get both, why not? :)

4. jcramair1

jcramair1 Rookie

Dec 12, 2003
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    JJ
    Yes selling the 355 for it..however I hate to see it go (Love the color Cana Du Fucile Gray)...but love the newer technology and the fact that it's a Spyder.

5. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    An F1 Spider

You wont be dissapointed........

6. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Yes, speeding tickets are expensive nowadays!!!

7. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Unless the car has had timing belts done, it is due. That is typically not done in a 15k service. Have them throw that in too.

8. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    ah well good luck :)

9. jcramair1

jcramair1 Rookie

Dec 12, 2003
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    JJ
    Thanks..and they are going to do the belts as well which have not been done on the car. Picking it up this up coming week and I can not wait :)...The only concern I have is adjusting to the F1 coming from a 6 speed manual transmission most of my life.

10. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Concern?

Ease your mind.........

11. hamdog

hamdog Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2005
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Hamdog
    Find out if it is a early or late '01. The F1 ECU was updated in the later ones. To update to the later ECU's will cost anywhere between $1500-2000 and well worth it.

12. sailquik

sailquik Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    In a temperate zone
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    Price is fair (also depends what you're getting for the 355, if trading).
    Check to make sure the car doesn't fall within the group that needs the Variators changed and if it does, make sure the campaign has been done.
    Try to get the belt service thrown in as well.
    Enjoy.

13. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    for that price they'll do the timing belts (as Brian suggested). I don't know common prices for spiders, so I can't comment, but if you haven't beaten them down on price, most likely there is plenty of room.

What's the typical figure added for a spider vs. coupe?

Ray

14. jcramair1

jcramair1 Rookie

Dec 12, 2003
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    JJ
    After thinking over what Ferrari of Central FL is giving me for my 355 considering what I paid for it less than 6 month's ago I am going to keep the 355. I will wait for 430 prices to come down and wait for that. I appreciate the input from everyone. What a great board.

15. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    :D