Rachel Ray - Overexposure? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Rachel Ray - Overexposure?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Crawler, Dec 10, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    LOL!!!

2. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    My friend explained Rachel Ray in two words. Forced Jocularity.

I can't watch her show at all. It's horrible. For some reason I get angry and uneasy whenever I have to watch her show.

3. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Her SOLE redeeming feature is that she has kind of a hot voice - sort of husky and raspy. She uses it too much on the show, though - overanimated.

But a couple of Xanax or some Ritalin and she'd be great to talk to on the phone.

Problem is... hot chicks never sound ugly on the phone. Never. A 10 will never sound like a pig on the phone. If a girl sounds un-hot on the phone, she may be OK looking, but she's not hot. On the other hand, ugly girls may sound ugly, or they may sound hot.

This is not a two-way thing - hot voice does not equal hot. The only data that can be gleaned from the voice is - if she does not sound all that great, she's NOT hot. If she does sound great, she may or may not be hot. It's no guarantee.

If you were talking to Rachel Ray, you would probably be all excited to meet her. If you saw those FHM pics, you would be real excited to meet her. Then when you met her, you would be text'ing your buddy that set you up to tell him he's an a*#hole!

4. eurospec

eurospec F1 Veteran

May 29, 2005
    Mt Isa. Australia
    Full Name:
    mohamad
  5. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004

me neither, who is she and what doe she do?

6. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    WELL..you're gonna be upset :D. Rachel Ray was a question on Jeopardy today.

7. Detailers Paradise

Detailers Paradise Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Nick
    WORD!

8. 0UTXLR8

0UTXLR8 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Let's make some sammies!

9. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    What is up with those FHM pics? Where she is taking the turkey out of the oven, her legs are small, but on the coutnertop they are large and in charge.

She has a very chunky mid-section, so the countertop pics look more like the real thing.

10. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
  11. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    To me, those FHM pics look totally photoshopped. Like, it's her head on somebody else's body, except maybe for the one at the kitchen sink.

12. chitown dave

chitown dave Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2005
    well...Chicago
    Full Name:
    well...Dave
    I couldn't agree more - my lord she is anoying. My GF told me after I turned her off because I cant stand her that "alot of guys think she's hot!"

really?!?!

She's like the fake, never-married, over-jovial Aunt everyone tolerates at the Christmas gathering...

13. MAHOOL

MAHOOL Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    O-town, Florida
    Full Name:
    Mel
    overexposed????? Well we are talking about her in the other off topic section of a Ferrari Website, if it were a cooking website maybe not.......

I prefer watching Anthony Bordanes show....he drinks and smokes a lot..

14. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    With how fast people here are able to point out photochopped car pics, I'm really surprised to see anyone on here actually believing that is her. Take another look at them, it's not her.

As for overexposed, yeah she is.

Mark

15. QWKDTSN

QWKDTSN Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2006
    WA, USA
    Full Name:
    Steven Patch
    I hate Rachel Ray, she just rubs me the wrong way. Her smile just seems so forced and the way she emotes and speaks just makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Have any of you seen the show on Food Network featuring a woman named Nigella Lawson? It is called Nigella Feasts. The show relies heavily on close-ups of what Nigella is doing and at first it's very disconcerting because you see a close-up of her face while she speaks, then her hands as she does something, then a close-up of the food she's cooking while she sprinkles an ingredient in, and so on - you almost never see the camera take in the whole scene - however, after a minute or two, I always become entranced, because Nigella has a beautiful British accent and knows how to turn on the charm under the close-up cameras. It's sort of like watching one of the old Overstock.com commercials. She is just plump enough to have a nice curvy figure and that accent does it all. :D

Cheers.

16. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    #41 Lemke, Dec 11, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. OC Speed Junkie

OC Speed Junkie Formula 3

Aug 6, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Yes. I can't stand her. I await the day her extended 15 minutes fades away.

18. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Obviously tastes differ, but I think someone spent years beating Giada with an ugly stick. Rachel is at least cute, if possibly annoying.

19. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    Paula Deen spanks them all.

I don't want to frolick with my cook. I want the **** to be good.

20. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Met her in person. FOX!