EBAY Ferrari RIMS Highline wheels | FerrariChat

EBAY Ferrari RIMS Highline wheels

Discussion in '348/355' started by Ferrari348turbo, Nov 29, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari348turbo

Ferrari348turbo Karting

Nov 22, 2005
    Florida
    #1 Ferrari348turbo, Nov 29, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I bought a set of these rims for my 348 this year. After only 3 months I started to notice that one rim had scratches all over it. At first I thought someone scratched it but after close inspection of the rim, the scratches are coming from under the clear on the rim, its a factory defect. So far just one rim has done it.
    I just wanted to post that the guys who sold me the rims do bad business. I hope that no one here buys from them or does business with them. I'm trying to get them to replace the rim, or heck even meet me half way with the price or do something. For over 1 month now they keep giving me the run around, they say things like call me back in 5 min and I will have an answer on what we can do, when i call back in 5 min's I get a voice mail. I called back 5 times today and the same thing. Everytime I call they act like they dont know who I am, and ask me for the photos, which I send, then they say they didnt get them, then they say they are not clear, then the owner is out, then they busy . Its just bad business and they suck!

I think the photos are pretty clear
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    The "Highline Wheels" company has a very poor reputation on this site. I'll give you a +1 on the photos being clear. Goodluck getting it worked out. I'll have a better response in about 5 min......
    J/K
    BT

3. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Thanks. That's worth knowing.

4. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    powder coat em.

5. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Too bad you didn't search here first - there are several threads about these guys and there business practices. Several cases have been filed thru the BBB of Florida..

6. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    +1 while your at it, do those glitter calipers too ;)

7. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Sorry to hear about your experience with these losers. Schmucks like this deserve to be shut down! Nothing upsets you more than parting with your hard earned money to buy products that the seller does not supply great service with or totally screws you around like in this case. A shame really!

8. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    i guess I will go after these guys next!!!!!!!!!

9. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    worse case scenario---you can remove the clear coat and have them buffed out - I used to do that with the old 10 hole mustang rims for guys!!

10. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    LOL!!! :p

11. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Give them a clubbing behind the ears for me too please!! :p:p

12. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Well Chinese made wheels for that price aren't going to be awesome quality and with the small profit margins they have involved they couldn't stay in business helping the customer out when things go wrong with them. Hence the reason I stick to namebrand for personal use and selling.

Either way sorry to hear about your situation hope you work something out.

13. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Cool pictures! That looks to me like a textbook case of filiform corrosion. Commonly happens underneath coatings. I've seen great examples at the gym where they have these steel racks that were clear coated. Being steel those 'worm trails' are red...but in your case aluminum corrosion products would leave a white trail. Likely will keep getting worse, only solution is to strip and recoat.

14. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
    Sorry to hear about your predicament.

On a somewhat unrelated topic, how are the Toyo T-1R's working out on the 348? Like 'em? Loathe 'em?

15. Valence

Valence Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris& Brian Coffing
    Remove wheels, throw in garbage where they belong.

16. Boca Exotics

Boca Exotics Karting
    BANNED

May 11, 2006
    Boca Raton, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Richard Hidalgo
    Funny you posted this today. I was down in Miami at Highline Wheels in the morning, working with the owner of the company. I have purchased a set of Highline wheels from a guy with a 360 Modena. I purchased practically new wheels and tires for the price of a set of tires. I felt that this was less of a risk to buy these almost new rims and tires for less. I will be going back again to properly fit the rims with the correct spacers later this week.

I know the reputation these guys have. Being that I am local to the Miami area, I can go back in person to complain. I figure, you pay for what you get, so I don't expect too much from the wheels - just the look I am searching for. I know that these wheels can not be perfect but I will soon find out how they handle in time and whether it is worth it to purchase additional sets in the future. I will let the guys here know of my experiences with these wheels and post pics of the wheels as well.

I have seen expensive forged wheels have problems with clear coats. The difference is the company paid to have them resprayed for the customer.

Sorry to hear your situation and I may soon experience the same problem. Will post pics soon.

17. Ferrari348turbo

Ferrari348turbo Karting

Nov 22, 2005
    Florida
    Ok, last night I did some skip tracing and found the owners name, social, DL#, everything. Looks like hes owned about 10-12 wheel companys, keeps changing the names. Anyhow I looked up his home address and found his home phone number.
    After finally getting Andy on the phone, He claims that the 1 rim doing this is my fault because I used the wrong type of cleaner. I asked if I used a cleaner that was wrong wouldnt all four rims have the same thing? He just said he cant warrenty it and I am SOL. No if's and's or's but's its my fault and he can do nothing, oh... well.. he did offer to sell me another rim to replace it.

If anyone here has problems with Highline, PM me I will send you all his home information.

Ben

18. Valence

Valence Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris& Brian Coffing
    The clearcoat thing is a symptom of poor quality. As is the owner's response to your problem. Cheap wheels like these are dangerous.

Anyone want some bargain priced chinese helicopter blades or airplane wings?

19. Valence

Valence Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris& Brian Coffing
    By the way, I'm not blaming the people who have bought these, but warning those who might be considering cheap wheels to SAVE MONEY ELSEWHERE. If they break, it's going to be at the WORST time.

20. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    I've seen those wheels on e-bay and they look great but for the price this isn't surprising.

I've had this happen on wheels before and what i did was mask off the bad area and put gel type paint remover on the bad area and then just use mothers or metal madness or wenol on the metal itself.

21. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    The guy would be less sleazy if he simply said that he sold cheap wheels "As is" rather than even pretended to warranty anything. Come on, blaming the customer for "using the wrong cleaner" is just lame...why paint yourself as a liar?!

He should man-up and tell people that there is no warranty. Bargain hunters would still buy his wheels (and probably wouldn't track him down since they knew upfront that there was no warranty).

Instead, he lies, hides, schemes, all with the same result of giving no warranty.

Just be up front about it! The guy acts as though he's done prison time, when simply acting as adult would accomplish the same no warranty result while preserving his character.

Telling.

22. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Exactly, threads like this hurt business much more than telling your customers that there is no warranty buying the wheels. I still can't believe people are paying this much for crap wheels, I understand this being done among cars like Civics and whatnot but I find it funny that somebody who buys the greatest automobile brand on earth is going to resort on skimping on a set of wheels to save $1-2k. Don't take it personal if you own these wheels, I bought a set of cheap wheels in the past when I was ignorant and learned my lesson when they bent and caused my tire to pop at 90mph. I would have felt stupid if I ended up in a wheelchair or dead because I skimped on wheels and the fact that he's owned 10-12 wheel companies should scare any future buyers.

STAY AWAY FROM CHEAP WHEELS! If you want to save money there are cheaper quality brands than HRE and I-Forged but don't resort to these! I would give you a competitors phone # that offers a quality brand I don't rather than sell you these wheels, and I hope that's worth something.

23. weeo T.O.

weeo T.O. Rookie

Nov 18, 2006
    Toronto Canada
    Full Name:
    Leo
    I have a 2000 Modena Coupe with 10k. The tires are stock Michelin and need to be replaced as they are 6 years old. Since I'm replacing rubber thot it was worth replacing wheels with something more distinctive. Obviously eBay is not the way to go (with Highline, Porschetechs etc.). Of course being in Canada doesn't help either.

Any ideas? MVP..you sell to us Canucks?

24. fxbianca

fxbianca Karting

Apr 7, 2004
    Stuart FL
    Full Name:
    Frank Conidi
    Bought 4 AMG wheels for my wifes S430 from Highline and have had to have two welded due to cracking. The wheels are just over a year old. Would never put anything but original parts on my Ferrari (except 348 conversion kit). Called the owner of highline who basically laughed in my face. Seeing this posts I was not aware how much of a piece of sh*t he is. Will be talking with the attorney generals office in Tallahassee after Christmas.

25. jcramair1

jcramair1 Rookie

Dec 12, 2003
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    JJ
    Thanks for all the information in this thread I was debating on buying wheels from them for my 355 and after reading this I will not do so. I have always wents with HRE and never had any issues...indeed HRE wheels are expensive but you pay for quality. My last set was on my 996 Turbo and I loved them and I have hit some really scary potholes up north with the HRE's and no issues. I think that this thread should be emailed to the owner of the company, but based on what I am hearing he seems like he would give a @#$^ less!