Visiting from the uk any car shows or places to go | FerrariChat

Visiting from the uk any car shows or places to go

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Paul V, Dec 3, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Paul V

Paul V Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2005
    Shropshire (UK)
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hi all wonder if you could help.

Me and my family we be having our Vacation in Orlando from the 17 dec to 8 jan, can any one reccomend any interesting places or shows to go to.

Are there any car shows or car theme Resturants, or and Ferrari places of interest.

Any help would be good

2. Minch00

Minch00 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Brandon McDonald
    I'm not sure of any Ferrari places here in Orlando (heh), besides the Ferrari of Central Florida dealership on Lake Destiny Dr. THere is Race Rock Cafe on International Drive, but as far as I remember it, it's more for the "Southern Racing" fan, if you know what I mean.

As far as interesting places, we have Disney, Universal Studios, Downtown Orlando for nightlife, and of course numerous malls depending on the money you have to spend.

Where exactly are you staying?

3. Paul V

Paul V Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2005
    Shropshire (UK)
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thanks for your help, we did the same last year and did all disney and mgm etc, love wall mart and some of the malls.

I don't know as yet where we are staying but have a luxury Vila in or near kissimee. We hire a Suv so getting around is not a problem, Some one has told me there is a car meet on saturday ? im old town have no idea if this is true.

Things i want to do this year is

1 Go Shoot a gun

2 Hire a Harly for a few days

3 Take a drive to miami

4 Take a drive to Daytona

5 Try to meet some real American (Happy) people

6 Relax by the pool

4. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    If you are driving to Miami, you can stop by Shelton Ferrari, the Swap Shop Ferrari Collection, and The Collection Ferrari.

Then just sit on any corner in Boca Raton, or South Beach, and you will see all the Ferraris you want.

5. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    the harley dealer in orlando should be able to rent you the bike to drive to daytona. it's short, less than an hour each way. do you have the proper drivers license for a motorcycle? no helmets required in FL. there are a few gun ranges around town. they all rent pistols you can fire at their ranges. since you like walmart go in and buy a paintball gun and do some late night drive bys in miami. they like that sort of stuff in the 'hood. ;-)

6. 90TR

90TR Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2005
    Celebration, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Some options if you are staying in or around Disney.

Orlando Harley has openned another store on 192 just outside of Celebration and Old Town. Just Outside the Disney Property.

Friday nights at Old Town are 'Tuner' nights. Fast and Furious types with a younger and not really a family feel. In my opinion. Just Outside the Disney Property.

Saturday nights at Old Town are Muscle Cars and Classics. This has been shown on the SpeedTV show American Muscle Car a number of times and usually gets 250 or so cars. More of a family feel until latter in the evening.
    If we go, I go between 6 and 8 pm. Just Outside the Disney Property.

In Lakeland they have the international Speedway. I did a thing there that cost about $400 or so dollars. You get a half hour in a class and then get to drive a Nascar type car around their short track for about 20 laps. Very fun.
    This is about 25 minutes from Disney.

Celebration is the Town Disney built in the late 1990's. Very much what you would expect from Disney. During the time you are here they will have a number of events going on. Check out our site at www.Celebration.fl.us for details. This is at the bottom of the Disney Property.

Central Florida Ferrari is a friendly place. About 40 minutes East/North of Disney.

Drop me a note when you are in town and if Holiday's permit we can try and meet up.

Bill

7. Paul V

Paul V Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2005
    Shropshire (UK)
    Full Name:
    Paul

Thanks for that Will drop you a PM when i am in town

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    You may be thinking of the NASCAR Cafe over at Universal. Race Rock covers all forms of racing, even extending to swamp buggies and hydroplanes. I remember sitting once in front of a mannequin wearing Ayrton Senna's uniform and helmet. There is something for everyone, and the food is pretty decent as well.

9. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Unfortunately no events during the time you are here... I'll post if something comes up. With family in for the holidays, don't think I can play host...

10. Paul V

Paul V Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2005
    Shropshire (UK)
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hi all been here since sunday, only been out and about today other than to the mall.
    We drove to Busch Gardens, Got to say a much nicer place to get around than Disney and much happy/ friendly there, had a nice day.

Going to go to orlando Harley to rent a V-rod for a few days, the only problem is the wife will not drive over here so i will have to leave the hire car there or get a Taxi. What are the costs of Taxis here in Orlando ?

11. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    My guess would be around $2 per mile on average.
    BT

12. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    They might have a good shuttle service from the hotel you are staying at. Ask the front desk about getting around without a rental car.
    BT

13. Paul V

Paul V Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2005
    Shropshire (UK)
    Full Name:
    Paul
    No go as we are renting a vila, Just going out to see how far it is.

Thanks for your Reply

14. FERRARIHOME

FERRARIHOME Karting

Jan 1, 2006
    OAHU HAWAII
    Full Name:
    FERRARIHOME
    not much going on right now in orlando but shootstraight, an indoor shooting range is always open. its 15 minutes from disney. in live 5 minutes from disney in bay hill. let me know ill give you directions. you can rent guns or bring your own, i have a 40 cal glock. ladies shoot free on mondays. scott. p.s. you can also shoot shotguns in there also.

15. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I can offer you to come by the test days of Daytona Thursday 4- Friday 5 of Jan. I will be working those two days with the Cup cars #88 and #89 and another with number not yet assigned but probably #87.

Feel free to come by and ask for Martin. At the same time the Prototypes will be practicing so it will be a lot of action. If I remember right there was no admission for the test days but I may be wrong and it will cost you a few bucks. The good news is, you get really close and see the cars in the garages. Test days is the best time to catch drivers relaxed.

www.grandamerican.com

The team I work with is: www.lnsmotorsports.com

16. Paul V

Paul V Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2005
    Shropshire (UK)
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thanks for that, if you have there address and zip code i can put it in to my Tom Tom (GPS), Or do you fancy meeting up and going ? IS there a min age to shoot as my son who is 17 18 in feb whats to have a go ?

17. Paul V

Paul V Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2005
    Shropshire (UK)
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Martin thank you for you info, I will let you know closer to the day if i can make it, i do hope so