More than 2000 Ferrari to scale... | FerrariChat

More than 2000 Ferrari to scale...

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Fede Ferrari, Feb 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fede Ferrari

Fede Ferrari Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Fede García
    More than 2000 Ferrari to scale...

To visit the collection... or could say "Ferrari - Museum" of the Australian Robert Todaro in the last upgrade of our web of Ferrari: www.geocities.com/elenaferrari

We have also included new pictures of models in the section "EXPO MODELS" and we have completed our "DATABASE", with all the Ferrari of Formula-1 from 1948 at the 2003.

Best regards
    FEDE

2. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    Realmente Increible Fede esta collecion. Algun día estaré como el !!! jajaja..

3. Gilles

Gilles Karting

Aug 10, 2003
    South of France
    Fede,
    The car you list as "Ferrari 121LM Le Mans 1955 de Best a escala 1:43, de Castellotti y Marzotto" at los primaros Ferrari (1954-1956), is for me, the 857S of Castellotti Taruffi at 1955 TT...
    C'est une magnifique collection...
    Gilles

4. Fede Ferrari

Jan 5, 2004
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Fede García
    Cuando la vi, me quedé impresionado. Robert tiene dedicado al completo el sotano de su casa, a su espacio Ferrari... me da una envidia...

5. Fede Ferrari

Jan 5, 2004
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Fede García
    In principle the model that you comment me is a 750Monza, according to Best, but basing me on the documentation that I possess and in the two parallel humps that he has in the hood of the motor, I have reached the conclusion that is a 121LM, although I eat your you know, in that time a car participated in a race, and then it was sold to any team, they changed him the motor and they maintained the same chassis, being then its different denomination and this in Ferrari constantly happened and more in these versions that they hardly ever ran as official cars of the Scuderia. Be maybe right, but I denominated it 121LM and not 750Monza, for the images and documents that I have of the time... a 857S can even have the same chassis barchetta that anyone of the Ferrari that I comment you, because Scaglietti for then it was the one in charge of dressing all the Sport of Ferrari.

Cordial greetings

6. Gilles

Gilles Karting

Aug 10, 2003
    South of France
    Fede,
    The 121 LM at Le Mans 1955 is 0532LM, this car has air intake above the right front wheel, and no two parallel humps in the hood.
    The car I think is 0570LM, one of the four 857 S made.
    Gilles

7. Fede Ferrari

Jan 5, 2004
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Fede García
    I have taken a little in answering you, because after your comment you made me doubt of it authenticates it origin of this model of Best. According to Best, this Ferrari is a 750 Monza that participated in the Tourist Trophy 1955 and a similar model, also participated in the Targa Florio of the same year, but its chassis like your you also realized, it is not of a 750.
    For this reason and after seeing the numbers of the 24h of Le Mans the 55 and seeing the current state of the Ferrari 121LM blue, with you grate white, (with two humps in the hood and without the entrance of air of the right, on the wheel...) in fact one of the cars that participated in that race, I thought that the car that Best had reproduced, it could be one of the three 121LM of the 55.
    After review several documents again and to investigate the series numbers in the web: www.barchetta.cc, I have reached the conclusion that this car can be one of the 857S that your you comment, to which was installed a engine of 750... your that you say?

8. stuffman

stuffman Rookie

Aug 3, 2004
    State College, Pa
    Full Name:
    Dylan Powell
    #8 stuffman, Dec 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is a photo of what I believe to be 0570LM, taken at an exotic car dealership in Pittsburgh around October of 2000. Though the original photo I took was black and white (and later recolored on my computer), the car was most definately Rosso Corsa (or very close). It also stated to be one of 3 or 4 in the world (I didn't pay much attention at the time, I was too exicted to be surrounded by such beautiful cars!). I am fairly certain it was specified as having four cylinders, though I don't remeber if that is what it was currently equipped with or what was original.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login