Excel Communications - worth it ? | FerrariChat

Excel Communications - worth it ?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Varenne, Feb 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hi everyone, need some pretty quick advice. I got a call a few days ago from a guy I interviewed with for a job a few years back. I remembered him and we chatted briefly. He has an 'opportunity' he wants to talk with me about. I'm thinking it might be some sort of corporate opportunity, but no details. He wants to meet with me today to chat a little bit. Today, he sends me a confirming email and his email address is [email protected].

Have any of you done this MLM thing with these guys? I don't think I'm interested in this - it reminds me of the Herbalife thing from a few years ago. I'm not a born salesman, etc., but I figured it doesn't hurt to hear what he has to say.

Any opinions out there in F-chat land ?

2. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    I'm not a MLMer but I know a few people who are. Excel is one that used to be good but is no longer so. In it's prime if you were a top producer $300,000+ a month in commissions was not unusual. From what I understand the opportunities are no longer there. The door closed on Excel a long time ago.

Here is a link that involves someone I know. While I don't particularly care for this person I can confirm that he did indeed average $6,000,000 a year in commissions. He got in when the getting was good.

http://www.thedigest.com/68/68-21.html

If you are truly interested in MLM then find the people who have been top producers in older MLM companies and find what their peddling today. In MLM you want to be one of the first in, not one of the last.

Good luck!

3. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Johhny Carson had Donald Trump as a guest, and Johnny asked "If you weren't into real estate, what would you be doing?" Trump said without hesitation, "Multi Level Marketing" The crowd roared with laughter, but Trump kept a straight face, fixed his tie and prepared to say his next statement. Looking at the audience, he said something to the effect that "Look at where you are at and look at where I am at. That's why I am where I am. I will do what it takes to succeed"

Once upon a time, Excel had a good lead in prices over the telecommunication industry and the commissions were good. Lately it has been very competitive. My advice.... rather than Excel, is Prepaid Legal.

4. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks for the replies everyone.

I called him and confirmed with him that it was in fact Excel that he wants to talk with me about. He seemed a bit surprised that I figured this out (when it was obvious from his email address). He was pretty nice about it when I cancelled our appointment today. He still wants to sign me up as a customer. I told him I'd look everything over and consider it. I can't imagine I'd actually switch my services, but I'll check his prices.

I agree that with any MLM, you've got to get in very early. But just conceptually, I don't like pyramid marketing - although I must admit, that I would probably change my tune if I started making some real dough.