Ferrari Formula Watches? | FerrariChat

Ferrari Formula Watches?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Alex_Grim, Dec 26, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Does anyone have one of the original Ferrari Formula watchbands? I need the black leather one. If anyone knows of someone please let me know. I got an original Ferrari Formula Cartier for Xmas, but the band needs help. It would easier to change than fix, but I will only do an original band.

Thanks alot,
    Alex

2. Old Guy

Old Guy Formula Junior
    Honorary

Dec 1, 2003
    No longer here
    Alex,

Those watches were manufactured by Cartier for Ferrari. The U.S. Cartier service depot is (or was) in Dallas/Fort Worth, and as of a few years ago, they still had some parts for these watches. It is possible that they might have a watch band.

The service depot does not deal with the public, only jewelers. You need to find a friendly jeweler who will take the time to find out. One warning: it is entirely possible that the Cartier depot would want the watch to check for a band, and their policy might require servicing the watch -- again, have your jeweler check.

This is not the easiest procedure, but may be your only possiblity of finding a genuine leather strap for a Ferrari Formula watch.

Any good jeweler could find a leather strap which would fit, so another possibility might be checking the Cartier store at Lenox, to see if a strap from another Cartier watch would work. I'd be surprised if that would work out (and, for that matter, that a Cartier salesman would know that they made the watch), but might be worth a try.

Good luck,

O.G.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    +1

Maybe salvage and replate the buckle and install on a nice strap?

Cartier
    P.O. Bx. 610508
    1225 Royal Lane
    DFW Airport TX 75261
    (214) 574-2161

That's old info...check before shipping! HTH.

4. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    That was my thought too. I was going to check with them, but I wanted to see if I could find one before I went through the trouble. We have a couple of these watches, but this is my only one. I really don't want to go with a new strap that goes to another watch. We will have to see what happens. I might take it to a leather worker and see if they can help. Thanks for all your help.