360 N-GT Michelotto S/N 11 Resto | Page 10 | FerrariChat

360 N-GT Michelotto S/N 11 Resto

Discussion in 'Australia' started by 360C, Dec 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. [355]

[355] F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2006
    Spacious tent
    Full Name:
    Harold Faltermeyer
    gimme a couple days

im off work for a week following wisdoms so ill be getting this all set up, will be great :cool:

2. 360gt

360gt Rookie

May 24, 2004
    Cambridge, Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Neal
    Hi

I own 016M and noticed that it looks like you have a rear window on your car. I can see the rearview mirror in some of the pictures from the rear. Is that Europe only deal or did you modify it? It take a little while to get used to having no rear view mirror. Sometimes whats behind you does not matter but alot of times it does.

3. 360gt

360gt Rookie

May 24, 2004
    Cambridge, Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Neal
    My 360N-GT will be at the Cavallino Classic.

4. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Pics? :D

5. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    makes my 360C look cheap

6. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nice pictures indeed, thanks for posting them. The black car is another N-GT and it is SN 12. It has a huge Australian race history and is still in Melbourne, albeit in bits. I think I posted shots of it earlier in this thread.

7. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Remember that your car was $400k before all the Nations Cup gear and spares...............and I don't think it was a new car at that (same as Warwick's car). From memory they came from Europe with test miles.

8. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.
    That changes it from cheap to highway robbery...especially if he was wearing a balaclava and sporting the AK47.

BTW, thanks for the post which I found great reading.

9. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

No probs. If you thought that was interesting, it's lucky you don't have access to my library- you would only surface for food and water :)

Re the cost, you have to remember at 50 cents to the US dollar, the sums were very different to what they are today at a 78c

10. 360gt

360gt Rookie

May 24, 2004
    Cambridge, Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Neal
    Thiose are great pictures. Should someone want another 360N-GT with spares in the US my car is available.

Pictures are there as well.

See it at Cavallino

http://www.eli.com/360n-gt.htm

11. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    No, we re-installed the rear window when the cars were delivered, as our team pro (John Bowe), didn't like it without.

nowadays, rear view TV is an inexpensive and much better option....

12. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

13. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

The coiled up jigger in the case is the oil/water pre-heater. It is used to warm the vital fluids prior to a dead cold start up.

14. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Cool pics SD. What a monster! :):)

15. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.
    Excellent info and pics as usual. Have seen some tough side intrusion bars but those would certainly take some beating. Were they done at the factory or?

16. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    not too different from a 360C.............much!

17. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Thanks, the intrusion bars were a factory option. They make it exceptionally difficult for fat bastards to get in and out of the beast. The entire door is carbon fibre and the window frames are fly weight thin aluminium jobbies. When climbing through the monkey bars the natural instinct is to use the door frames for support, at which point they snap off :eek:

18. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Quite a different beast to drive as well as look at. The Veloqx cars are quite different to the "normal" N-GT's as well. Sam Li spent millions of pounds developing them beyond what Michelotto managed. S/N 11 was allegedly used to develop the hewland sequential gearbox with Michelotto. It has a generic hewland gearbox with the oil tank mounted above the box (surrounded by the carbon fibre shield). The later cars used a cast magnesium housing with the oil tank built in to the casting. Predictably, Hewland is not allowed to sell the parts AND they are only available through Michelotto ( COSTALOTTO) at insane prices.

19. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    and, as always, in stupidly good condition for an ex race car!!

20. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.
    Yep, had a chuckle and related with the difficulty aspect. :)

What are the approx weight/hp comparisons between the NGT and the 360C?

21. GDThree

GDThree Karting

Nov 27, 2006
    London & Sydney
    Stunning looking machine....boy would it be great to get up close with something like that!

Great shots as always.

22. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    i did a few laps around winton with simonsen driving. i can tell you it's head and shoulders faster than a 360CH....scott will give you specific details, but i think it's MEANT to have about 60hp more and 150kg less weight?? memory's failing....as it does with old age (said it for scud)....but there are many differences suspension wise too that all add up to make a significant difference.

it's a very exciting car to be in....as is a 360CH for that matter...just another step further.

23. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.
    Quite a substantial step ahead with 60hp more and 150kg less plus the suspension mods etc. Sounds like it would be a worthy opponent for the M5 :)

24. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    indeed it would be.

25. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

The Veloqx cars have a lot of lightweight components beyond the standard Michelotto fair. Stuff like ultralight weight panels, gutted dash supporting frame, all the nuts and bolts throughout are titanium etc etc etc. My car was 1125kg (from memory) and it is ballasted back up to the class limit of 1200kg. The ballast is put in all the right spots for balance etc.

My car is a step 3 engine which has something in the order of 440hp. Remember that it is strangled by air restrictors too. A challenge car has 400hp or so and I think 1250+ kg (off the top of my head).

The other big difference is aerodynamic downforce. My car runs British GT spec aero package which is higher than the FIA or ACO spec that is on the other cars here.

I never came close to the limits and lapped PI in 1 min 40sec with a passenger, full tanks and old slicks. Very fast indeed and way more than I could get a handle on. Very impressive in the hands of a professional; but nothing like as quick as the 550GT that I was fortunate to be passengered around PI by Allan Simonsen. That was doing 1 min 32 sec passenger laps and it was SHATTERING in every sense of the word.