semi off topic: anyone drive a cayenne S? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

semi off topic: anyone drive a cayenne S?

Discussion in 'New England' started by Intheflesh, Nov 7, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. martyb

martyb Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    South County
    Full Name:
    marty b
    We test drove a 06' TTS yesterday and it was a blast. I can't believe how much power that thing has. I think we are going to pull the trigger on it.

Any thoughts on the TTS from owners?

Seems like a fun car to blast around in. And the gas mileage will be about the same as the Maserati.

2. 55fanatic

55fanatic Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Peter Ladas
    anyone test drive the new ML63? I havent test driven the Cayenne but I have test driven the 63 and own a 55(I know obsolete, but still for comparison). Compared to previous generation the new 63 with airmatic is such a comfortable car and its quite the road rocket. And with the HK system, I believe its the same as the Cayenne.

3. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    thats a nice interior combo, same as mine. the S has a nice exhaust note too.

The TTS is nice, I had one, GOBS of torque.

4. 55fanatic

55fanatic Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Peter Ladas
    love the color combo.

5. Intheflesh

Intheflesh Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Salem NH
    Full Name:
    John T
    thanks for the comments. the pics are blurry sorry. they were night pics and i havent exactly figured out how to use my camera yet. ill try and post some clearer day shots with the ferrari

6. glpellegrino

glpellegrino Karting

Oct 21, 2005
    Eastern Mass
    Full Name:
    Greg
  7. mehrdad

mehrdad Rookie

Nov 7, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mehrdad Givehchi
    I bought my 04 Turbo when it first came out and I must say I am a satisfied owner. Car is solid and drives nice. It is a good everyday car/suv. the negative points IMHO:
    poor break pad wear and bad gas consumption, NEED winter tires

I had mine for 3 years now with ~42K miles and loved it. Now I am trading it for Audi S6 since I just want to try something different than SUV

I can't understand why porsche is not making regular turbo's anymore and instead they now only offer turboS with big $ increase! My 450BHP was more than enough!

Mehrdad

8. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    #34 dan360, Dec 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thought you guys might be interested in the launch pictures of the new version. Just got an email from Porsche.

IMHO, its still pretty ugly. I'm personally amazed that they didn't "fix" the main failing of the car. I loved the Turbo to drive, but it doesn't float my boat looks wise. I think they've un-improved it. Maybe it'll look better in the flesh?

What do those that like the existing Cayenne think?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    #35 dan360, Dec 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. glpellegrino

glpellegrino Karting

Oct 21, 2005
    Eastern Mass
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Hey Dan,

I don't like the facelift...looks like the Audi. I prefer my '06 and will wait for the major revision coming in 2010 I think.

11. S2000Driver

S2000Driver Rookie

Aug 19, 2004
    I had an 04 V8 VW Touareg...I know not EXACTLY the same but close.
    I lemoned mine...
    Nice truck/idea but a complete POS.

12. Intheflesh

Intheflesh Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Salem NH
    Full Name:
    John T
    huh, i absolutley LOVE mine. my only gripe is that it acts funny when the car is cold. normally the car starts out in 2nd and stays in second gear when you come to a stop. when its cold out and i start driving down the drve way, it will shift to first (rather abruptly) as i slow down to go down the hill.once the car is warmed up, it does not do this.

13. glpellegrino

glpellegrino Karting

Oct 21, 2005
    Eastern Mass
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Mine does the same thing...reminds me of how my old Audi used to start out. Someone once told me that the Audi did this when its cold to warm up the tranny...don't know if its true or not.

This morning I thought it was the hidden "descent" mode feature like my Range Rover had.

14. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    neighbor has one, the poor gas mileage has him counting down the lease days. it just sits alot in the driveway.
    ed