Central Florida Shop | FerrariChat

Central Florida Shop

Discussion in 'Florida' started by 90TR, Jan 20, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 90TR

90TR Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2005
    Celebration, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Any good shops in Central Florida? I think I am going to need to have the banks balanced on my TR and the dealer is a little backed-up.

Thanks,
    Bill

2. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    There's Ultimate in Longwood. Maybe Lambos have the same problem. How can you tell they need balancing? Hear anything from Nate?

KevFla

3. 90TR

90TR Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2005
    Celebration, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I have not heard from Nate. It seems to be running rich since I changed the EHA. It is popping and smoking a little too. Thanks for the lead.

Bill

4. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    There is a shop called Cavallino in Ocala, not affiliated with us.

5. 90TR

90TR Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2005
    Celebration, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thanks. Will try them too.

Bill

6. racerking

racerking Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    The benefit of the Dealers is the parts warranty, and having authorized techs working the car. Most of the Florida dealers will be quiet next week while also assisting cars at Cavallino. I heard Central Florida is taking 17-20 Cars to Cavallino.

7. ferrari-328

ferrari-328 Karting

May 31, 2005
    Florida
    .There is Ferrari of Central Florida which is the authorized dealer, Ultimate Motors of Longwood and I also heard a rummor of a new shop just for ferrari in the Sanford area, called Speedworks.

8. 90TR

90TR Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2005
    Celebration, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thanks to all.

Ferrari of Central Florida said they would take me in a week from Monday to hook it up to the machines and let me know the damage. Thanks for all the leads. Hopefully I will be back on the road in two weeks.

Bill

9. ferrari-328

ferrari-328 Karting

May 31, 2005
    Florida
    CF Ferrari service dept is excellent. Its worth the wait..

10. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    there is no machines on a 90 TR.
    <scratching my head>

11. 90TR

90TR Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2005
    Celebration, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I asked him to balance the banks since it (seems) to be running rich after changing a leaking EHA on the fuel distributor (soon to be both EHA's)...so I assumed he was talking about the balancing meter that connects to the intake and then the CO2 readings at the pipes. Just so long as they do not do it by ear.

But the TR's also have some diagnosis abilities too...I do not know how much they could get from this- maybe I am kicking an error code? But I am fairly sure it only needs a good balancing. Once I changed the first EHA, all the power came back. But the second one is now leaking. So I will change that and the plugs and have the dealer balance the banks and hopefully be back to motoring.

My thanks again to everyone.
    Bill