Question: Place to get pictures enlarged for household use? | FerrariChat

Question: Place to get pictures enlarged for household use?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by LMP234, Jan 26, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    Just moved into my new house (college student) and I have a number of pictures from magazines and the internet that I would like to get blown up to a larger size to decorate.

Perferably, I would like the end result to be the picture on a canvas like board such that I dont have to frame it and can just place it on the wall. Such that it sticks out from the wall perhaps a 1/4 of an inch, as opposed to just placing posters all over the place.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to go about doing this (or what I might be looking at price wise), it would be much appreciated!

2. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

I was just thinking about this myself. I like to play around with ordinary photographs in Illustrator and PChop and would love to know where one can blow up something quailty for matting and framing. Sure beats buying someone else's art.

Can Kinko's do this?

RMX

3. audihenry

audihenry Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Henry
    Hey,

I can take whatever pictures you have and enlarge them/print them to up to 30" x 100"+. Your images must be of a high resolution, otherwise they will only look good from far. I can get it done on canvas, but you'd have to frame it.

Send me a PM if you're interested. :)

4. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona

Yes, and so can Office Max, which is probably cheaper. I've grown to hate Kinkos with a passion.

You could also check local printing shops that do t-shirts/etc. Some might have the capabilities, or pm Henry from the post above :)

It's best to have 300 pixels per inch, which becomes a problem if your using pictures from the internet or some digital cameras as they are only 72 pixels per inch.

5. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    PM sent.

Any idea what office max/kinkos would charge for this?

Thanks for the replies guys.

6. CAS

CAS F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Clint
  7. car-ographer

car-ographer Karting

Nov 15, 2005
    homeless in LA :-(
    Full Name:
    Jessica G.
    I may be wrong about this but I don't think they will do it for you unless it is your picture. Other pictures are copyrighted...and it would just be wrong to do that.

8. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    What if I tell a little white lie and say it IS my picture. Afterall, I bought the magazine ;)

9. erikandersondesigns.com

Mar 5, 2006
    Lee's Summit
    Full Name:
    Erik Anderson
    You might find a manager that will do it, but most will request proof that it's your photo. The fact that it's a magazine will give it away. ;) If it was yours why woould you have the negative or digital file to give them. ;)

What you are undertaking is in direct violation of Title 17 and leaves you and the reprinter liable for damages to be paid to the photographer.

10. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    Meh. Think I'll give it a go anyways if me and another F-Chat member cant figure something out.

I'll also post any information I find out when things are all said and done, just in case anyone else wants to try it (REMIX).