Black MC12? | FerrariChat

Black MC12?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by the_jay, Jan 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. the_jay

the_jay Formula 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Murrieta, California
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I hope this is the correct forum...Have there been any black MC12s produced? I have a picture of a car that looks black, but I believe it is dark blue. TIA

~Jay

2. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    I don't think there are any. The track versions of the MC12 were painted dark blue, though.

3. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    #3 menoy, Jan 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. the_jay

the_jay Formula 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Murrieta, California
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I have a pic of what appears to be a black(or super dark blue, which is what I believe it is) in Monaco...

5. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
    #5 Maranello Guy, Jan 29, 2007
    You mean this ? I am confused about it's colour !
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. AGNRDARNETW

AGNRDARNETW Formula Junior

May 13, 2005
    Earth
  7. cntchds

cntchds Formula 3

Oct 22, 2005
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Peter Hatch
    I believe that any color that isn't white/blue is a repaint, correct?

The two pictures posted above can be found on the MC12 registry on the Maserati portion of this site.

Peter Hatch

8. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Maybe Fqogil can confirm, he's a member here too. He did mention he saw a black MC12 recently, just no pics.

9. AGNRDARNETW

AGNRDARNETW Formula Junior

May 13, 2005
    Earth
    I think there were two that weren't white and blue originally. One silver one and one blue one, but I'm not sure.

10. cntchds

cntchds Formula 3

Oct 22, 2005
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Peter Hatch
    Yeah, I tried to check the Registry, but it seems to be down. Thanks for the information though. It looks great in other colors, I wonder why there were not many in anything other than white/blue. Was color an option, or just a standard unless asked for?

I'm still young so forgive me if it is a stupid question, but is there some heritage behind the white/blue paintjob? I was not around back when the golden age was going on, so that sort of knowledge is somewhat difficult to obtain.

Like I said before though, you would probably have a much more reliable answer posting on the Maserati portion. They seem to like to stay over there for the most part.

Peter Hatch

11. Zegna

Zegna Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2006
    North America
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    #11 Zegna, Jan 29, 2007
    You might be right. Check out the top right corner of this picture.

12. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    I was just about to write on that... except IIRC there were 2 or 3 different coloured ones in that pic.

13. Zegna

Zegna Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2006
    North America
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    Just found the pic so I edited my post. I was wrong apparently and you are right. :)

14. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Wahey! What do I win? ;)

PS - the one on the right end; black or blue? Anyone think they know?

15. Jdahlstrom

Jdahlstrom Formula 3

Feb 28, 2005
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Josh Dahlstrom
    #15 Jdahlstrom, Jan 29, 2007
  16. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    There is a Black MC12. I believe it's listed in the registry, and perhaps the other Walter can comment.

17. beckerto

beckerto Rookie

May 8, 2004
    some facts:

2x blue MC12
    - one registered in switzerland, known from many pictures
    - the second blue MC12 belongs to Jean Todt, some unique details are the gunmetal wheels, the dark window tint and special carbon parts. the car had the standard paintjob and was seen in monaco in front of the hermitage hotel. then customized at carrozzeria zanasi for JT. car is registered in San Marino

1x black MC12 belongs to one of the sons of the sultan of brunei, car is located near london with GB licence plate.

18. luxury

luxury Karting

May 30, 2006
    the picture of maranello guy, is a dark blue one, the black one comes from england i think, there's also a silver/white one in england

19. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    The black MC12 has GB plates I JET, and IT IS REPAINTED (custom work, not Maserati official)

Totally wrong on the other blue MC12s:
    1- Ticinese plates, seen at Loris Kessel Racing in Lugano, CH, the only one with plastic headlights covers
    2- Jean Todt one, which has darker windows and polished rims
    3- the third one is a repainted car as well as the black one, it has plates from Genève, no plastic covers on the front lights and no polished rims.

About Fqogil, just ask him about a pearl white/blue Zonda F he saw in Monaco...:D

And yes, there's also a silver MC12, VIN #12090.

20. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    you are good. completely off topic, but how many MC12s have you accounted for, so far? if i remember right, you said there are 13 MC12s in the US? hows your register project going?

21. beckerto

beckerto Rookie

May 8, 2004
    #21 beckerto, Jan 30, 2007
    there is NOTHING WRONG in my post:

right. I never said that this car was not repainted black or build by the factory in black. I only mentioned that it has GB plates (read my post above, you also prooved it) and belongs to the royal familie of brunei. nothing more...

right. that's the car that I've mentioned in my post. the car is registered in switzerland (where is tessin? right, in switzerland), with plastic headlight covers and a blue dash. everything correct in my post! ---> see attached photos

right. as I said, the JT car is registered in San Marino and has tinted windows. ok, JT switched to ball polished wheels (he did this also on his 612) from the gunmetal wheels, everything is correct in my post! JT has also the headlight covers, so this is the second blue MC12 with the headlight covers. ---> see attached photos

EDIT: I've checked the photos, maybe the wheels are not gunmetal, they are ball polished...

the third MC12, which I didn't mentioned, is also registered in switzerland (genf), no plastic headlight covers and black dash. photo (above this thread) in front of the hotel de paris.

we know that, we speaked about the blue MC12s and the black one...

22. #Lennard

#Lennard Formula 3

Aug 26, 2006
    Zeewolde/Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Lennard
    Does it still have the blue interior or has that been changed too? (i hope so)

23. Manuma

Manuma Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2004
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Manu
    When you buy the mc12 they give you the cover of the lights to go on track.
    It's very easy to put them on so you can see the same car two different days with or without them.

So it's not important to see if someone has them or not

24. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    Beckerto,

i have nothing against you and your posts. I just simply wanted to make things clear, because i noticed a bit of confusion in the previous posts.
    There is still people who think that the Genève MC12 is black, while it's been repainted in blue.

Anyway, the MC12 Register is not MY project, i am simply helping the one who started it and provided lots of infos and VIN #.
    At this time, i gathered 32 different VIN numbers, and i know that at least 13 different cars are in the USA.
    Because, remember, there are MORE THAN 50 MC12s in the world.

So the "mission" will be even harder for us.

And i really have to thank you, because you gave me an info i didn't know: that the black one belongs to a member of the Royal Family of Brunei. Alvise, the guy who started the Register, was thinking that the black one was part of Jay Kay's collection (there's a slight similarity on the plate numbers).

25. drewsteriam5

drewsteriam5 Rookie

Mar 11, 2006
    Mooresville
    I may be wrong but i believe the original mc12, the test car was black, google maserati mcc. If you watch the fifth gear episode on the mc12 you see the black test car. Here is the video link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCm31-SqIjk