BEARS TRYING TO KILL ME!!! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

BEARS TRYING TO KILL ME!!!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by SpyderGirl, Oct 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jsnazzy

jsnazzy Karting

Oct 16, 2006
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    never thought to check teh Chicago forum for DA BEARS :)

Its nice to know I am not a back luck charm, I was born 20 years ago in the Windy City

And on Sunday, I get to see them go to the superbowl :D

I think Da bears 84 - 2

2. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    COLTS =

Count On Losing The Superbowl

3. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    todays the day! that's right, the day that i pretty much sit there, watch the commercials at a friends house, and drink the beer. :) it's gonna be a good day! :)
    go bears!

4. EVILZ33

EVILZ33 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    chicago
    bears 23423 colts -12

5. SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    2 long weeks waiting for today to arrive. I have not talked about the game much and never get into the whole ~~home team going to kill "Team X"~~ for fear of jinxing the team. :)
    At work some know I am a diehard but Friday I went to work with my Bears capris, hat, jacket, Urlacher jersey and earrings...the rest figured it out pretty quickly, especially after they saw me carry around my mini Riddell Bears helmet everywhere I went. ;) It was better when they came in my office and saw the Bears goodies, with a huge pic of Urlacher snarling away with steam rising over his helmet.

No predictions or anything by me, The only sort of hype I will say is that I am looking forward to seeing 54 all over the field, creating havoc and getting into a feeding frenzy. ~~overrated my @$$~~

I'm just going to watch every glorious second and enjoy watching Chicago's pride and joy give it everything they got today.

GO BEARS!!!

6. SpyderGirl

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Hester is a complete madman!!!!! :):)

7. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    What a great way to start !!!

8. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    Got a bunch of "snow" on my TV, Ch 2 stinks. But I saw that!!!!

9. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    No. 2 in the bag!!

10. SpyderGirl

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Urlacher is having a very solid game...go Brian!

11. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    Only a 2 point game right now. Bears gotta stop the passing and those pesky "up the middle" runs.

12. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
  13. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    Darn, Darn,Darn, Darn,Darn, Darn,Darn, Darn,Darn, Darn,Darn, Darn,Darn, Darn,Darn, Darn,Darn, Darn,Darn, Darn,Darn, Darn,Darn, Darn,Darn, Darn,Darn, Darn,Darn, Darn,Darn, Darn,Darn, Darn,Darn, Darn,Darn, Darn,.......................................................................

14. Dr.T348

Dr.T348 Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Chicago NW Burbs
    Full Name:
    Richard T.
    Yeah, Colts win, Colts win!!!!!!!!!!!

15. ErikV10

ErikV10 Formula 3

Oct 30, 2006
    I was very disappointed of the Bears. I was really expecting them to beat the Colts.

16. SpyderGirl

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Well, the offense did a great job to finish off the thread title. :(

17. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    This was a weird game for me. . . . born and raised in Chicago then living in Indy from 1998 to 2005 and being season ticket holders then returning to Chicagoland. I feel good for Peyton Manning and the City of Indianapolis - they deserves it. The Bears have a couple of years to get there, as long as they replace Grossman - too inconsistent.

Bring back Kyle Orton (I have two kids at Purdue where we watched him play).

18. Detour_racing

Detour_racing Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Grossman has finally earned his name. He was horrible.

19. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Is this a joke?

Look..I would rather have Grossman any day of the week over Orton..however..I WOULD still like to see Griese play again..I liked him during the preseason game against the Cards and I'd like to see him again..

WITH that being said..KUDOS to da BEARS for their season..

20. EVILZ33

EVILZ33 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    chicago
    thers always next year......

21. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Imagine if they had Tommie Harris and Mike Brown. That defense was just plain insane in the first half of the season. Since those injuries, they didn't stand much a chance (especially in the secondary) against one of the best offenses of the AFC. If the guys all stay next year, they'll make another run imo. I don't see many other teams in the NFC making a quick turnaround to compete with the Bears defense of the early 2006 season.

22. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Agreed. Orton was an absolute joke and flat out sucked. He had his chance last year and didn't do well. Griese hasn't done well when he played this year, but he hasn't had a full game to play from start to finish. However, I believe starters must earn their jobs in pratice and I'm confident Rex beat him out consistently in practice or else Rex would've been pulled (think Cutler vs. Plummer at Denver).

Yes, Rex isn't that consistent, but keep in mind weather conditions do **** things up (snaps being one of them and many many fumbles by special teams and their RB). I don't see many players in free agency that could replace Rex and perform well right away. There is ONE guy and that is questionable if he will be available--Jake Plummer. Jay Cutler took over that spot so now Jake will be looking elsewhere. He could play for the Bears with Rex learning from him (not sure he'll learn much at this point since he has like 25 game starts with experience). Besides that, there is NO ONE worth mentioning.

Current NFL starting QBs that are worse (imo). John Kitna, Aaron Brooks, Charlie Frye, Bruce Gradkowski (Tim Rattay and Chris Simms aren't that good either), Joey Harrington, and David Carr. Don't forget the TONS of sh!tty backup QBs.

Consistent old QBs that are currently better imo: Brad Johnson, Brett Favre, Jeff Garcia, Jake Plummer. The problem with the first 3 is they're old. Don't ever cut a young guy like Rex loose for some old guy that is about to retire. Rex is a young QB that doesn't have the best decision making. I'm surprised they even GOT to the Superbowl, geez.

Current young QBs similar to Rex: Alex Smith, very inconsistent his past season. Almost exactly like Rex with passer ratings in the 120s one week and then 30 the following. Tony Romo, a little more consistent, but wasn't fantastic or head and shoulders better and lost some "easy" games. Eli Manning. Self-explanatory.

There isn't a guy right now you could bring to the Bears that would be better given either contract rights or plain common sense if they're too old and will be gone after a year or two. Jake Plummer is the easiest solution for now, but even that is doubtful as he hasn't been too great recently.

Defense wins the game and the Bears' defense hasn't been the same since Brown and Harris were out for the season. That defense would've won this game imo.

23. ScreaminRevs

ScreaminRevs Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Sauber, you sure paint a hopeless picture when it comes to the Bears QB situation. But sadly, I agree with it. I said it a month ago and I'll say it again now....it's better to not have gone to the Big Dance than it is to go and lose. Second place feels not much different from thirty second.

24. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I think the problem is that the Bears' fans are looking for a franchise QB. That won't happen. There will not be more than THREE of those types of QBs in the NFL at a single point in time. Right now it's Brady and Manning only. Cutler may become one in the future and Favre is no longer one. I'm not sure on Alex Smith. He did great on his football IQ tests, but he plays inconsistently exactly like Rex. Check out his 2006 season passer ratings. Very up and down, almost identical to Rex. He had a passer rating of 30 one game and the next is 130. Then 90 to 50. http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/552642/gamelogs/2006

Think about the QBs in the past decade. Favre, Elway, Brady, and now Manning--all franchise QBs. You have a few teams spread in there with one key--strong defense. Ravens and Buccaneers come to mind for 2000 and 2002, respectively. The Bears defense was just as strong at the beginning of the year, but lost key players due to injury so it wasn't the same. Had they all been in the game tonight, they would've won imo. Look out for next year unless fans and the organization run Rex and Lovie (due to salary) out of town. If that happens, next year will be a 8-8 season at best. Unfortunate to the Bears' fans, but Rex is the best QB Chicago can have at the moment. Play with what you got and support your guys 100% no matter what happens.