BEARS TRYING TO KILL ME!!! | Page 6 | FerrariChat

BEARS TRYING TO KILL ME!!!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by SpyderGirl, Oct 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EVILZ33

EVILZ33 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    chicago
    i think with the loss mostly because of grossman i think he is really gonna take it to hear next year and try that much harder and bmw yea with brown and harris back that will be awesome but if we dont have the mastermind rivera to lead us in the defence department i think it will hurt the bears alot

2. ErikV10

ErikV10 Formula 3

Oct 30, 2006
  3. jsnazzy

jsnazzy Karting

Oct 16, 2006
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Bookmarked for next season :D

As far as this seasos ending :(

I could not sleep last night

But, at least we won the NFC championship.

Somone needs to tech Rexy how to read, and throw accurately

Our D played there heart out, to have the game thrown away by #8 :(

4. AKain

AKain Karting

Oct 16, 2005
    N. Park/Roscoe, IL
    Full Name:
    Adam

5. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I will go against the common thread of thought and say that, I believe the reason for the Bears' SB loss, was not Rex's. However, he did have a large part in it, the way it played out.

The largest part of the problem, the way I see it, was coaching.

The Bears' defensive strategy held to the soft old "Cover 2," that the Bears have been struggling with, instead of playing more aggressively, as they did with the Saints. Prevent defenses, only prevent winning.

The offense, did not stick with the running game. I know that Benson got hurt early, but Thomas barely got winded, playing out the rest of the game, by himself. Eventually our O-Line would have worn their D-Line down. We had the early lead, all they had to do was play it conservative on the offense. Put just about anybody in a passing contest against Manning and the Colts and you will lose.

Aggressive defense + Conservative offense = WIN

IMO, Lovie and his sub-coaches blew it !!!

6. EVILZ33

EVILZ33 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    chicago
    usually they are really good and i still heart lovie i saw a hoodie that said it really funny

7. Rabsox386

Rabsox386 Karting

Feb 11, 2006
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Rick
    agreed
    no significant changes were made in the second half. The D allowed peyton to march down the field with his 12 play drives and 8 yard passes. I understand they didnt want to give up the long ball, but when you let the offense get comfortable, you're going to lose. Theres a reason lovie wasnt given his extention before the playoffs.

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    IMHO....except for Devin Hesters fantastic opening punt return, none of the Bears were playing Championship ball that day....Not even Urlacher! And that is certainly not par for the course for him! There was NO Offense, No Defense, No Pass protection....Nothing!! And, ofcourse, the rain didn't help. But it certainly didn't seem to hinder Indianapolis as mush as it did the Bears. I suppose that the hungriest team for the Super Bowl trophy won. Gee....it was Almost as if Lovie told them all to play crappy so that his mentor's team would win. It was that bad!

But....I still love the Bears. Hey, just as the little Bears (Cubs) say year after year after year...."Maybe next year!"....;)

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Ben was good during his first couple years although his team won the SB in spite of him. However, he's fallen off the map a bit this past sesaon, but of course there have a been a lot of changes. It's too early to call him a franchise QB at this momemt imo.

Yes, the Bears defense was playing very soft coverage hoping that Peyton would throw deep. Instead, this resulted in fewer Bears' guys putting pressure on Peyton (Urlacher had to basically play in the secondary and tipped passes vs. pass rushing) and Peyton just took what the Bears gave him. Basically short passes and that was it.

I was hoping the Bears would come out and play a very aggressive style on defense since it is the Superbowl after all. It was theirs to take, but they were playing it like someone would give it to them.

10. AKain

AKain Karting

Oct 16, 2005
    N. Park/Roscoe, IL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    The worst time I saw the Cov 2 fail during the game was the R. Wayne TD pass.

Who the hell was on him?

I believe Harris was supposed to be.