Looking for 612 | FerrariChat

Looking for 612

Discussion in '612/599' started by RBK, Feb 5, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I have scoured the Ferrari chats-networks-newletters and e bay. I am looking for a black and tan or burgandy and tan 2006 612, with very low miles. Any ideas? Best

2. noviyecco

noviyecco Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2006
    Ukraine,Kyiv
    Full Name:
    Peter Fromel
    lhd or rhd.europ,gulf or us.specs,type of gear?

3. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    You ask because you are going to find him one?

4. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i too am looking for a 612, but in switzerland. if any body is selling contact me. thx and i am flexible on everything.

5. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    U.S. Model -No Conversions - Best

6. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    #6 F2003-GA, Feb 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    This 612 is soooooo g***amn gorgeous. I'd go for that one in a heartbeat if I had the means.

8. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    i know of a TDF with 900 miles if interested pm me

9. ttgangsta

ttgangsta Karting

Oct 20, 2004
    Hey I would give Cauley Ferrari a call in michigan. They had a really elegant black/beige 612 with a ton of options in stock a while back. They are a great dealership to deal with too. PM me if you want.

10. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Jas,

What color is that 612?

Azzuro?

11. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    It's Grigio alloy which is lighter than AC.It's the only Lt blue that Ferrari offers as a standard color.

12. Thatsmytoy

Thatsmytoy Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill
  13. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I am looking for one too, though different colors, try calling my dealer. I think they called me on the color combos you are looking for. Alger, ask for Francis or Rick, at 610-527-1100, tell them I sent you.

14. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    what's the real reason you got rid of the 430? I've been hearing different stories.

15. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I am looking for one too, though different colors, try calling my dealer. I think they called me on the color combos you are looking for. Alger, ask for Francis or Rick, at 610-527-1100, tell them I sent you.

16. MarkoP

MarkoP Karting

Jun 15, 2004
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marko Pesakovic
    RBK - PM Sent

17. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Lots of reasons for saying goodbye to the 430, but my # 1 reason is just no time to drive it. These cars should be driven in my opinion, not just looked at.

18. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Why don't you guys who are looking just order one?

True, you'll have to pay a bit more, but you'll get *exactly* what you want. You're at a lousy point in the depreciation curve, anyway-- whether you buy used or new, you're still looking at losing $100k+ in depreciation. For that much money, might as well have exactly what you want!

19. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I have an '06 285 mile car......285MSRP that can be bought for $260K. Its Silverstone/natural

20. samyama

samyama Karting

Dec 10, 2006
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    John Berg
    true....

ordering one will certainly get exactly what one wants...the only problem is with getting an allocation for an order. i had a deposit down at FerrariSiliconValley, and was first in line when they were to get an allocation to order one. after months and months of waiting to just ORDER the car, i decided that i'd rather have a "real" one i could drive with a few comprimises on details and colors, rather than a "virtual" one that might come within 18 months...

so i bought a used one. i could not be happier. the dealership still hasn't gotten an allocation to order even one 612 this year. with 599 production, as you know, it significantly slowed 612s makin' it through.

i believe in Karma - don't force it - your car will find you....

the 612 is an amazing car...it just grows on you more and more...and an interesting note: even though the car is quite big, as you become familiar with it, it sort of "shrinks" in feel, if you know what i mean. wow.

ciao

john

21. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I am unclear regarding your point. Several very well cared for cars with less than 300 miles are being offered for $40,000 below MSRP. How much more depreciation are you looking for and/or what kind of "savings" could be achieved buying new if the used car(s) offer desired options? Best

22. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    If you can find a used one which is exactly what you want, then get it. From this thread, it didn't sound like you were able to find one, but maybe that's a misperception on my part.

My point was that either way, you're going to take a big hit in depreciation. Once you get to that point, you might consider if there is value to you in getting EXACTLY what you want.

Buying a 612, used or new, is not a good decision from a financial point of view. That's the way it is, you have to accept that. So I wouldn't worry too much about "savings."

23. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I better understand your view. I did buy a new 430 for a great deal over MSRP in order to get what I wanted. I never buy a car to make money. In the case of the 612, it is a given they will depreciate, and if I can find one optioned the way I like, I will take less of a hit on the way down. Best

24. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I would suggest you consider a higher mileage car if you're trying to make a financially astute decision. A car that has 8,000 - 10,000 miles on it isn't mechanically or cosmetically very different from a car that has 800 miles on it, yet it will be much cheaper and give you the opportunity to let the original owner own more of the depreciation. I'd think you'd be able to get a car in the 195-210 range if you're willing to consider that. I think you're doing yourself a disservice by not considering cars that have been taken out of the garage more than once a month....

25. samyama

samyama Karting

Dec 10, 2006
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    John Berg
    i agree with this last point:

i bought the "famous" 612 w/43k miles...

she's in perfect shape, drives like a dream, and any "demons" that were to be revealed already have been, for the most part barring some horrible event...

this engine, this car, was meant to "tour". if properly pampered, no reason this couldn't be a car i live with for another 100k miles!

that's how i got "in" - i got her for 172k - that's a lot of money, but not for a 612...