250 leather shelf on a 550 | FerrariChat

250 leather shelf on a 550

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by msgsobe, Feb 8, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
    Is the optional leather shelf on a 550 1 piece or 2 pieces like the carpet?

2. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Mark, don't quote me on this, but I believe it is one piece. On another note, how was Cavallino?

-Joe

3. k-diddy

k-diddy Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2004
  4. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
    thanks, my guy made it one piece, just wanted to make sure. Cav was unbelivable. The quality of cars, women, etc etc...A great event!!

5. tiara4300

tiara4300 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2005
    miami ,fl.
    Full Name:
    Adam

who made the shelf for you, I want one

6. WillW

WillW Karting

May 23, 2005
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    How does that 250 shelf look like, any pics compared to normal? Not for sure what is ment when talking about 250 shelf. I am currently looking for 550 (sadly have to let my 348 go then) and need to get as much info as possible. :)

7. Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet Karting

Mar 27, 2006
    Ivyland, PA
    Full Name:
    William A. Weeks
    I have a factory quilted leather shelf that is one peice. I'm not sure what is called to be honest.

8. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
    thanks guys. it was made in one piece but believe it or not he used wrong color thread (off white) when all thread in car is tan. so I won't recomend him, going to try again.

9. Argento

Argento Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Argentium
    Will,

They are talking about an optional extra that was offered for the 550, It's a diamond pattern quilted leather work similar to what the 250 GT's had on the rear shelves. When you opted for the rear luggage shelf to be quilted you also got the headlining done too. In cars that didn't opt for it the rear was carpeted and the headlining was trimmed in smooth leather.

Argento

10. WillW

WillW Karting

May 23, 2005
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Many thanks Argento, now I know what you mean. :)

Hopefully joining "550 club" as soon as possible, searching for good lhd 550.

11. Argento

Argento Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Argentium
    Will,

You might struggle to find a decent LHD 550 already in the UK, I know of only 7 at present, and none for sale...? There is a Rosso Corsa/Tan F1 LHD 575M for sale at Oakfields. If it's a 550 specifically you want, (and who can blame you)....Then an option may be a personal import from Europe? Lots available there...

http://www.oakfields.com/

Argento

12. WillW

WillW Karting

May 23, 2005
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    I think there be bit more in UK and some might even come to sale, but if nothing comes up import is one choice... ;)

I'm would more comfortable to buy it from here as I know places and who can do proper PPI, bit more difficult in Germany where I don't know places nor I speak language properly.

I want manual and don't want to pay extra 20-30k£ that is needed for 575 (and would require handling pack) so it will be 550.

13. Thatsmytoy

Thatsmytoy Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #13 Thatsmytoy, Feb 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    That's gorgeous!

15. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Quilted headliner was separate option. It is one piece from window to behind seats. Side pieces over speakers are separate. Both my Maranellos had the deck, current car does not have the headliner. 599 ordered has quilted deck and headliner, not available as regular options, all extracampionario. Didn't do tunnel. Our old SWB had quilted deck and tunnel, had the white headliner they all used back then.

16. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    my 550 has the headliner from the factory, then had a local shop do the back shelf and tunnel, looks great!

17. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
    thanks guys, we'll try again!!

18. Argento

Argento Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Argentium
    Chris,

Will you post a picture of the your transmission tunnel quilting, Thinking about this myself and want to know what it really looks like rather than just a visualisation.

Thanks,

Argento