Wanted: Pantera Group 4/5 Clone/Real | FerrariChat

Wanted: Pantera Group 4/5 Clone/Real

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Daytona Rick, Feb 4, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I'm in market for a group 4 or 5 Pantera real or clone. Anyone know of any in the US, please PM me. Reasonably priced.

2. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    If you want a real one I hope you have deep pockets. You could call Pat Mical in Mass, find him at www.patsauto.com. There are several other Pantera owners here, maybe they will chime in as i am not in the US
    Steve

3. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Thanks, but a real one would most likely be out of my reach, a clone would be just fine. Only concerned on the rust issues with these cars.

4. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
  5. jvmax

jvmax Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    John
    Hey Rick, I just sent you a PM. I have a 1973 Pantera Pre-L for sale, for more info see below:

Http://www.UltimateCarCollection.com

6. Matt_M

Matt_M Rookie

Apr 7, 2005
    Do you want the car for racing or for the street? If the answer is "racecar" I'd suggest you be very careful what you buy to make sure the car is safe and without illegal mods - especially for racing in Europe.

Probably the absolute expert on racing Panteras is Dave Adler at PI Motorsports. You can reach Dave at www.pim.net.

Hope that helps,

Matt Merritt

7. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Thanks guys, but I would only be using the car for street driving and shows. It doesn't have to be real (probably can't afford) so a nice clone would be great. Some TLC is fine, but just concerned on the rust issues.

8. Matt_M

Matt_M Rookie

Apr 7, 2005
    #8 Matt_M, Feb 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #9 msdesignltd, Feb 7, 2007
  10. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    $90k and seemed well worth it, but out of my league

11. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    #11 EC308, Feb 10, 2007
  12. Olczyk

Olczyk Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Olczyk
    Hello, I ve made the DE Tomaso book and I known where is all the real cars.
    Here one http://detomasogr4.blogspot.com/

Now real cars and clone cars are not the music.

13. MabF355

MabF355 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 5, 2003
    This car was a clone, and it ended up being a huge problem to sell. The car was sold to the former owner as an original GT4. This created huge problems when trying to re-sell it. The pics must have been taken after the last owner sold it because the cage and wheels were done when Jim B owned it.

14. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Marc, love the car. I seem to always miss a good deal. I went down to Louisville over the weekend to check out a group 4. However, a major rust bucket. Asking price was $27k but wasn't even worth $20k in my eyes. Just saw PMI posting a white on white beauty for $49k. Not sure I could do a white on white but will investigate it. Anyone have any history on it, I would appreciate feedback.

15. Ha! You must have been the other guy. I was there sat looking at it for another guy on this board.

16. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    So what did you think of it? I drove 700 miles round trip to inspect it. A fellow chat friend drove in from Lexington to help with the inspection. We're not going to touch it. Way to much work in all areas to bother with. maybe if it sold for $10k. So buyer beware.

17. eurperules

eurperules Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2005
    belgium
    Full Name:
    stijn quintyn
  18. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Sure I could but pocket book won't. WOW! never saw one like it and it's fantastic.

Now back to reality. A group 4 clone based in the US at a reasonable price is what I am looking for.

19. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    #19 BigAl, Feb 13, 2007
    certainly diff folks-diff strokes....I'm an original type guy, don't want the flares, wings, etc......but good luck in your search.....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Nice car Al. Well the original car is fantastic but I always like my cars a little tweaked and the group 4 flairs really does it for me. I can go either way with the wing but has to have the flairs. So i will continue my search and if any of you hear or see anything here in the States just send me a msg. And yes I would love to own that ConcoursCar Pantera but pocket book isn't deep enough.

21. paulyb

paulyb Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    paul bellis
  22. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
  23. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Gee I'm glad you guys think I'm made of money. Yes that would be a cool one to own, but I'm not that rich. Still recouping from a costly divorce. A man has got to know his limits.

24. paulyb

paulyb Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    paul bellis
    Rick
    Sorry....didn't mean to cause offence - just thought it might be of interest to the group :)

25. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Hello no offense taken. It is a really cool car and I would love to have it and some of the other suggested ones. Unfortunately I have to stay within a limit, cause I haven't won the Lotto yet.

No I'm still following up on group 4 (preferred) and group 5 clones. Been investigating several but either major rust or frame damage. So the search continues. Please post or PM me if anyone comes across a good one for a reasonable? price. If not, then I'll consider a stock looking one, but need to have one in N Am.