NASCAR VS F1 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

NASCAR VS F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by PhilNotHill, Feb 16, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    #26 Admiral Thrawn, Feb 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. The K Reloaded

The K Reloaded Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Doesn't Jeff Gordon have like a 20 million dollar yacht? One of the CART drivers was talking about it.

3. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Until Melbourne, it beats the lawnmower races.

4. aquapuss

aquapuss Formula 3

Sep 18, 2005
    Yeah the stock mowers. Throw in the open class mowers and it is a different story...

5. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Note to others;
    Dont like the topic heading ?...move on.
    Or better yet start a new one. You know, one more intelectual and pertinent to F1 and especially Ferrari F1.
    Nascar is the happening thing at this time, check the news.
    And it gives us something to "chat" about.

6. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Favorite shoes:
    F1: Gucci
    NASCAR: Shoes? You've got to be kidding.

Preparation before the race:
    F1: Make sure the car is as reliable and as fast as possible.
    NASCAR: Make sure every square inch of the car is covered with advertising and the decals on absolutely "perfect."

The meaning of Taco Bell.
    F1: A fast food chain that serves Mexican food.
    NASCAR: The name of the Mexican phone company.

Racing strategy:
    F1: Try to stay in the race and if you can't win, get as many points as possible.
    NASCAR: If you can't win cause a huge wreck so you can get as much TV air time for your sponsors as possible.

Today is the Daytona 500. We got 10" of new snow. I am going skiing.

Having restricter plates is like making basketball players play on their knees
    because some players are taller than others. :)

NBA stands for Nogoodniks Behaving Atrociously.

Ciao

If skiing were easy they'd call it snow boarding. :)

7. Rubino

Rubino Formula Junior

May 24, 2005
    Charlotte Area
    Full Name:
    Bob Curtis
    Clearly, you don't live in Charlotte :) It's doolie down here!

8. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    It's doolie in southern Illinois as well.

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Spot on! One of the best movies in a long time.

Nuff said.

10. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    I thought nASScrap was Lone Star and pork rinds....

11. Rubino

Rubino Formula Junior

May 24, 2005
    Charlotte Area
    Full Name:
    Bob Curtis
    Only 4 weeks until F1 begins. I'm having a Party to watch the race and drink a few green beers. Wonder if the Hooters girls could make an appearance? Or better yet, the "cheeky twins" from Britian. :)

12. axemansean

axemansean Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    F1: passing is only allowed if it's in your contract
    NASCAR: can't pass go for the punt

13. Ferrari_lvr

Ferrari_lvr Formula Junior

May 28, 2006
    This thread is just hilarious. The bits about the lawnmower races were just classic. At first I thought it was comparing the cars. I love to argue about the differences in the cars, especially when nascrap fans tell me their cars are way faster. Anyway, good good thread. Especially the first part.

14. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    What happened when Jeff Gordon locked his keys in the car?
    It took him a half an hour to get Brooke out.

15. staceman

staceman Karting

Sep 23, 2003
    At Home
    Full Name:
    SGT
    Bravo Phil. Great post.

16. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Michael Waltrip and his entire NASCAR crew were arrested and many drugs were confiscated. They found everthing except speed. :)

17. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    It's pretty funny to listen to the other drivers friendly pokes at Gordon about getting pre-nups, learning about marriage, ect. during some of the interviews this past week or two.

18. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    Now that's a major owngoal for the F1 peeps :D:D

19. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC

If you take the average salary of the ten most highly paid F1 drivers and the ten most highly paid NASCAR drivers, I think you will find that the NASCAR guys earn more. Dale Earnhardt's estate still earns something like $30 million a year and Jeff Gordon was for years the second highest paid driver in the world, behind MS, according to Forbes magazine.

Perhaps you should take a look at the private jets flown by the top NASCAR drivers or view some pictures of their homes before you post such derogatory and inflammatory comments.

Am I the only person here who finds this "joke" to be offensive?

I don't find any of this funny. If anything, I think it reinforces the stereotypes of F1 fans being effete snobs than it says anything about NASCAR fans. This is ridiculous and ought to be beneath us.

20. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa

Dear Senna3xWC:

Thank you for your thoughtful post. I am glad you used the words "effete" snob in your description of me. Not only am I not offended, I am flattered. This is the minimum I was shooting for.

go forth knowing that you have brought joy into someone's life. You have made my day.

Actually, I am quite surprised that someone as easitly offened as you pointed out only "one" thing to be upset about. So just butter my b*tt and call me a biscuit if I wasn't just flabbergasted at your restraint.

PS. I note that you do not list owning any Ferraris in your profile, so why should YOU be offended as a mere F1 fan? :)

21. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    #46 1_can_dream, Feb 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Haha
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    I don't have anything listed in my profile. I happen to be a Ferrari owner, a 1997 355tb (which is more than 1_can_dream), but that has nothing to do with my point.

You seem to find humor in making very disparaging comments of others. I don't find that amusing in the least bit nor do I find your sarcasm amusing. Are you this boorish in person? It seems to me that this attitude you are trying to impress only supports the stereotypes that others hold of "we" Ferrari owners and F1 fans. You think you are being funny, you may be the only one. What's next on your list, negro jokes?

23. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The funny part for me in all this is, that in the US we tend to look at NASCAR as dumb sport for blue collar fans and F1 as something smart for elitist white collar folks.

Well, if you go over to Europe, where F1 came from you will soon realize that F1 over there is regarded as dumb "sport" followed mostly by uneducated people. I love F1, but have been the "black sheep" in the family for that. Truly educated people don't follow motor racing but go to the opera and to art museums (which I happen to do as well). Only morons follow a "sport" that has combustion engines that pollute the environment blablabla. You get the picture.

It's all relative.

PS: Whatever criticism I had for NASCAR, the final lap at Daytona made a true believer. Coming across the finish line on your roof and on fire is about the hottest (pun intended) race I have seen in a long time.

24. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Dear Senna3xWC:

Perhaps you might think I’m insensitive, especially to those who have little or no money. Au contraire, mon ami.

I have come from very very humble beginnings myself. I can even remember when we only had our first million. It seems like millions or dollars and millions of years ago, but I still recall the sacrifices we had to make back in we now fondly refer to as “the poor years”.

Some of the sacrifices we had to make back then to name only a FEW include:
    Ate caviar only once a week.

Had to drink “off-brand” Champaign.

Our pool was only three-fourths Olympic size.

Small, four car garage. No Ferrari. Can you imagine!

Actually knew people who “knew” people that lived in double wide trailers and watched NASCAR.

We had to fly commercial, no private jet yet.

No yacht.

Only belonged to one country club which was so small women and men actually played on the same course.

Had to carry my own golf clubs.

Only had one maid who cooked as well as did housework.

So now you can see why I don’t look down on other less fortunate people, even though they are peasants. I am way too good for that kind of behavior. In fact, I deplore people who are intolerant. I hate people like that. :)

Also, let me assure you I am not racially biased. We have servants of all races and creeds. By the way we refer to blacks as “African Americans” nowadays and do not use the “n” word like you do.

Oh, got to run now. The yacht broker is on the other line and has found a 200 footer that looks like it might be a possibility. A little small, but it does have a helicopter.

Ciao
    Having too much fun to take life way too seriously.
    Keep in touch,
    Your friend
    Phil Not Hill

25. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Boorish.

Go find some other discussion forum, you add nothing here.