So why Are F-car owners percivned as pricks? (my weekly rant) | Page 5 | FerrariChat

So why Are F-car owners percivned as pricks? (my weekly rant)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by mambodave, Feb 16, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    Guess I better buy a Ferrari pronto!! LOL

BTW If you've every been in a Europa, you'll get the joke about not seeing cars. Lighten up; life is short.

Ken

2. J Nicks

J Nicks Karting

Dec 4, 2003
    mambodave, read your post and you will get your answer.

3. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    As it happened, here in Dallas on a fine spring afternoon, I found myself driving the girlfriend's 1999 Mazda Miata (automatic) to work so I could have the oil changed during lunch.

Going home, a couple of guys are changing driver and passenger seats in a black 348. Soon enough they pull up alongside at a red light, and I give them a friendly Texas wave, because they had a nice car.

I am greeted with all manner of engine revs, staging lunges, and a look worthy of Robert Mitchum in Thunder Road. I try laugh it off, but no luck - they want to race!!! (could they be a salesman and his customer or vice-versa?)

OK, so we go on green (I am working on the theory that somebody that dumb could probably miss a shift or something).

Sure enough, I get my A$$ kicked good and proper. However, I still manage to pull up alongside them at the next red light.

I just look over and say "Daaaaaymmm Maaannnnn!!! I just never knew them Furrrary things was THAT fast!!!

I wonder if another loyal Mazda owner who did not happen to also have a 911 and a two Corvettes would have been able to laugh this little production off?

My 18 year old stepson sure got a kick out of it, though when I told him that night.

4. opus10583

opus10583 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Mark
    ...My "favs" are the guy using his Boxer to pull Hooters waitresses, and the TR owners who can't figure out what the towhook hole in their front bumper is for (a classic).

5. ShaiHulud

ShaiHulud Karting

Oct 10, 2006
    Zürich / Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Sarah Roth
    I don't see the title and the text are very related. Maybe the people you mentioned may think so, if they know you have a Ferrari. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, life is so much better, if you cool down and don't go off and waste lots of time and blood pressure because of a few onions on a two dollar hamburger. Working seven days a week is a good hint why you react that way. But as long as you do not learn to trust others and to delegate work, that won't get better (vicious circle). Using up your last powers obviously does not lead to you beeing faultless. I know my typing isn't better, but I don't claim to be perfect, while I write this down.

6. rhop144

rhop144 Rookie

May 7, 2006
    rowley
    Full Name:
    george
    yes we are fing prks because we rise early in the morning work hard have to worry about our subordinates ans all there problems in life but we make the money

7. Demigod555

Demigod555 Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2005
    SF
    Check your grammar stud

8. opus10583

opus10583 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Mark
    ..."The mind wobbles". - Kelly Bundy