New 2007 Maserati Coupe | Page 5 | FerrariChat

New 2007 Maserati Coupe

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Boudewijn, Feb 3, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Will it be a hardtop vert or a ragtop?

2. masermartin

masermartin Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I love those wheels. They really make the trident shape so obvious in the design yet subtle enough to not make it tacky.

3. mont

mont Formula 3

Sep 16, 2004
    Portugal
    ...And the side mirrors and the quarter rear window and the wheels and...

Even though it was close, like I always said.

4. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig

Me too. It's one of my favorite elements of this new GT.

5. GregD

GregD Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Greg

Yes, very close but some differences. Good representation though.

6. alin13

alin13 Karting

Jan 1, 2006
    I read that it will be 1880kg, which seems about right considering the weight of quattroporte. However, 1880kg and 405hp, it will be much slower than its German rivals.

Great design though i must say, so beautiful on the outside, but the inside looks too German. Much prefer Quattroporte's interior, looks more Italian hand crafted. It does make you think how come despite both designed by Pininfarina, modern Ferrari, although not ugly, aren't beautiful anymore, whereas Maserati's Quattroporte and this are just beautiful and stunning to look at.

7. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    I think the car is just gorgeous, stunning, handsdown best looking modern Mas (excluding Birdcage 75). Well done.

It is right on a par with the AM V8. Not quite as quick as the German rivals, but offers exponentially more style, exclusivity, and passion.

8. darkalley

darkalley Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    This car has a back seat that will fit an adult since it is on the sedan frame.....this is more of a CL or Continental GT competitor.

9. Pattiboy

Pattiboy Rookie

Feb 19, 2007
    Long Island,N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    It doesnt look like a full leather interior.

10. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Are you serious? Looks like lots of leather to me...

11. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Hi Mont,
    sorry...but to what are you refering??

Ciao!
    Walter

12. mont

mont Formula 3

Sep 16, 2004
    Portugal
    ... To the fact that the car shown on the first page of this thread, still, was not the final looks.
    Even though it was not far, at all.

Regards,

Mont

13. Pattiboy

Pattiboy Rookie

Feb 19, 2007
    Long Island,N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Has some 599 lines on it, cant wait till its out.

14. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Is it just me? The headlamps remind me of the Honda S2000 while the tail lamp area+boot tip the current BMW3 series. Overall, quite pleasing & the new grille+wheel looks good IMO.

15. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    405 HP
    1880 Kg

equals 4.64 Kg/HP

For example, let's take the (awful but somehow fashionable) Bentey GT:

559 HP
    2200 Kg

equals 3.93 Kg/HP.

And the torque of the porky Bentley is 605Nm at 2000 rpm, against 450Nm at 4500 rpm for the Maser...

hitherto, I expect the new Maser to be extremely disappointing in terms of sheer performance against even the fattest, least performance-oriented competitors. IF ANYONE FROM MASERATI IS LISTENING: THIS WONDERFUL LOOKING CAR NEEDS 500HP AND IT NEEDS IT NOW.

16. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Agree with you, another case of Kalfbell messing a car up by making it as heavy as a tank! Look at the Alfa Brera that was made under his watch, 191 kw to propell nearly 1900kgs.....the man had done nothing good for Alfa or Maserati IMHO....and I am glad he has gone...

17. Fred2

Fred2 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2005
    nj

Andre,

I have a 390HP coupe, and the car is way fast for the roads in the USA. With a top speed of 177mph, it can go at least 100mph faster than any speed limit around here.
    Other than driving in Germany on those rare chances that you find a deserted autobahn, how are you going to use all 500hp?

18. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA

How about by coming to the Maserati Owners National Meet at Pocono Raceway? We've got two 3,000 + ft. straights joined by a 16 degree bank to use all your car's power.

Maserati Owners National Meet & Historic Reunion at Le Belle Macchine d'Italia - The Largest 3 Day Italian Automotive Event in North America June 22 - 25 Skytop Lodge: Skytop, PA & Pocono Raceway: Long Pond, PA

www.italiancarsatpocono.com

Joe

19. Fred2

Fred2 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2005
    nj
    Actually, that stretch of rt 80 just before the Pocono exit has always been a favorite for top speed runs ;-)

20. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Top speed does not matter but that car really needs more power just to have competitive acceleration.

21. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Exactly my point. Just browse through Fchat... and see how often you'll hear statements like "my 360 spider is way too slow, my wife's SL55AMG can blow it into the weeds from a standing start"... I've been reading stuff like this for years. You can spend all the time you want explaining that the Ferrari is about the pleasure of driving etc etc but in the end what counts is: will I win the drag race against the banker wife's AMG bruiser, or will my Italian thoroughbred be humiliated at every one of Santa Monica boulevard's traffic lights?

Maserati people need to wake up and smell the coffee - these cars are power trips, ego trips, call them what you like - and if they don't match the competition in terms of raw performance, you automatically alienate a good 50% of potential customers.

Honestly, who's going to step out of a 600HP AMG Mercedes to get into the MAser's 405HP, regardless of how good the Maser handles? Let's be real.

22. 355bnut

355bnut Karting

Jan 8, 2006
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    DomC
    Honestly, who's going to step out of a 600HP AMG Mercedes to get into the MAser's 405HP, regardless of how good the Maser handles? Let's be real.[/QUOTE]

I will!!

23. SJN2004

SJN2004 Karting

Jul 7, 2004
    You mean a SL65 or S65? They are twice the price of a MaserGT. You also forget that the traction control on the MB is killing off half that power below legal speeds and things called "corners". Pricewise, the Maserati GT is competing against the Jag XK, SL500 and BMW 6 series. If your reasoning is correct, the AM V8 would never sell and the SL55 would be flying off the shelves but it isn't.

However, I think it is a bit disappointing it never got the 470bhp engine from the 8C. Maybe it will once all the 8C's have been sold and shipped?

24. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Stupid comment!! Are you really believe that thie new Coupe was designed and developed within 2 years?????? Kalbfell was 2 years in charge and the car was 90% finished when he came to Maserati. Same case with his inputs with Walfa.

I strongly assume that your sight to the automotive industry is very naive!!

Ciao!
    Walter

25. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Joe, you are a master of promotion........!!

Ciao!
    Walter