SC kit for 308/328/Mondial | Page 7 | FerrariChat

SC kit for 308/328/Mondial

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Carl Fausett, Oct 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Chris,
    It appears that the Mondial intake tube design puts the K&N filter too low and too far forward for the 308 QV, as there is a gas tank there, and the intake scoop is high compared to the mondi. Carl believes we can shorten and modify the existing Mondial tube with little fuss to work nicely on the 308QV, and then he can produce a production piece (based on the modded/test fit tube) that is 308 GTS/GTB specific.
    -Luigi

PS: I'll keep the install posts here.

2. Carl Fausett

Carl Fausett Karting

Jun 14, 2006
    Fausett
    Full Name:
    Carl
    #152 Carl Fausett, Feb 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here are two pics tyhat may help explain what Lou said.

The first is the Mondial - no saddle tank.
    The second is the 308QV - note the saddle tank and the air inlet above it and to the right.

We may design to pull our air from there - looks like the K&N could fit neatly ontop of the saddle tank. Or we could just pull our intake air through the grille at the top of the motor. That would also work.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Carl,
    One thing you may not know about the 308 injected car air intake duct. It also has an extension hose that brings cool air down onto the passenger side half-shaft/differential area.

So if you're planning to change that general area, you'll need to provide an alternate airflow to the half-shaft area.

BTW, keep the QV posts here, saves trying to keep track of 2 threads on the same subject.

4. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Well boys,

My Swiss spec has no CV/diff cooling duct, not even an outlet. It does have a big foam lined sound muffler chamber in the stock plastic duct though. I think we may find many subtle differences (U.S., Euro, CH, early vs late QV) that affect the fitment. I would hope that everyone chimes in and posts pictures of the differences on their cars as this install thread progresses. That way maybe Carl can make adjustments by car, or hopefully a "one kit fits all".

Ciao,
    -L

PS: Yes , install posts stay here.

5. Tradewind

Tradewind Rookie

Dec 17, 2006
    Where can I book a ride in one of this machines with blower :)

6. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    #156 snj5, Feb 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Something for Mondial owners to consider is opening up the starboard side scoop. The actual inlet on the scoop is actually not that large and also has a resonance chamber for silencing and a separate flow director to cool the 'hot' front of the engine (alternator, etc).

I opened mine up with an aluminum flow director keeping the flow director to the engine front. It really opens up that area remarkably.

It is actually easy to take out and do; here is a photo of the original piece (with the snout cut off from previous mod for more flow) and the opened up piece. One good side effect I believe is lower engine bay temps as the top of the engine now has cool air blown down it's front.

Just some experience that may be a jump off place for a more specific installation.

Good luck, and following closely!

7. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    Lou,

How's the battle going??

Have you started yet? Don't forget PLENTY OF PICTURES!:p

8. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    UPDATE.

I just got an email from Carl. He has shipped the completed manual to me, and the supercharger kit should ship by Monday. I have decided not to tear the car down until after my March 3-4 track sessions, for obvious reasons. But, do not worry. Lots of pictures and commentary will be forthcoming as soon as I get my "track fix" and then begin the install.

-Lou

9. Javelin276

Javelin276 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Thor Zollinger
    I'm in Idaho... Not very close to very many people, but let me know if you're going my way.
    Thor

10. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    Thor,

Are you like the only person with a Ferrari in that state??:p

11. Javelin276

Jan 16, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Thor Zollinger
    Nope! There are two 308's and a Testarossa in town, and I keep hearing rumors of a new silver F430. I also know of a GT4 and another 308 in Boise. I'll bet Idaho only has a dozen or so at the most, though. It's a shame since we have all of these superb wide open desert and mountain roads with very little traffic. The winters aren't much fun.

I have to drive 3 hours to Salt Lake to the closest Ferrari Owners Club for rallys, though. I have a few friends I can stay with over night, so it isn't too bad to run down there once a month in the summer. Salt Lake rallys sometimes have up to 30 cars, which is a lot of fun.
    Thor

12. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    That's good to hear.:)

So Thor, how's she running? Can you take her out or you got to much snow out there?

13. Javelin276

Jan 16, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Thor Zollinger
    Actually, the roads are nice and dry today, no snow or rain at all. I took her out for a quick run yesterday... I think my lead foot is killing my gas mileage though.
    I just can't resist jamming the pedal all the way to the floor at least once or twice every time I drive it! She's running great!

14. Carl Fausett

Carl Fausett Karting

Jun 14, 2006
    Fausett
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Lou - your complete supercharger kit shipped to you today via UPS ground.

We will email you the tracking numbers. It is fully insured as well.

All - I believe that was 4 weeks from date of order to ship date. I have more of these parts in stock now than before, so future orders will be able to ship in 2 weeks or less.

15. kmoneith

kmoneith Rookie

Feb 22, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kevin Monteith
    Bob Norwood installed a carbon clutch on my 308 with 483hp and it is really a very nice driving automobile for even Austin traffic and I'm certain it will perform well on the track as Indy cars were using this system for awhile.

16. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    Carl,

Do you have a picture of the "new Harmonic balancer"?

You had 2 pictures, but they got lost in the crash.

Thanks

17. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    SWEET !!

18. Jammin'

Jammin' Rookie

Jun 27, 2004
    DC Burb
    Full Name:
    Robert Patch
    Do you plan to make a version for the carb 308's? Want me to ship my car to you for a little R&D???

19. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    MODERATOR NOTE: One-to-one conversations about shipping and ordering don't belong here. One-to-ALL conversations about future orders and when you can ship don't belong here either. We've enjoyed "looking over your shoulder" during the development, but you are now PAST the development phase, and COMMERCIAL POSTS ARE NOT ALLOWED EXCEPT BY PAID SPONSORS. To get info regarding sponsorship, please use this form or contact Rob Lay directly.

20. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Moderators,

Regarding the above post and in Carl's defense. There is still a bit of development to go on the QV version of the install procedure and intake design. We plan to keep the info and pictures coming for all to see, here.

-Luigi

21. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Might be, but he IS advertising the units for sale now on eBay; there may be new models and improvement along the way, but it's past being pure development. Unless he's ready to become an FChat sponsor, no advertising here.

For the new install, I'd suggest you start a new thread. It will be easier for us to follow the progress!

22. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    OK
    Per the Mods request, I will start a new thread once I get the kit.
    I guess it's time for a new Fchat sponsor to be born so he can plug his very well designed product, with an Fchat blessing.

23. Javelin276

Jan 16, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Thor Zollinger
    Carl has been trying to get someone to tell him how to become a site sponsor so he can advertise, but he told me no one has answered him back yet.
    Where's Rob? He needs to take the reigns on this one.

Here's Carl's contact info:

Carl Fausett
    [email protected]
    Toll-free: 877-FOR-928M
    International: 920-485-0488
    www.928Motorsports.com

24. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    Please, not a other thread! Can't take any more threads!;)

Ok, one more and that's it.:D

25. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Not so... I was on copy of the PM that Rob sent to Carl with rates, etc. I've still got it in my archive if Carl wants me to send my copy to him.

EDIT: I just looked it up... it was sent 10 January 2007.