HOU - Ferrari and Exotic Spotters | Page 59 | FerrariChat

HOU Ferrari and Exotic Spotters

Discussion in 'Texas' started by WJHMH, Nov 20, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gonzalo92

Gonzalo92 Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Houston
    there's a spa close to my house called Visage, the owner has a yellow gallardo, so again today, its there akmost every day, it says Visage in the licesnse plate

2. mycarsux

mycarsux Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2006
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Wylie
    Red 575 on Waugh/Heights Blvd. this afternoon.

3. Gonzalo92

Gonzalo92 Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Houston
    there was an F430 at my school in the woodlands with some woman driving, also a DB9 volante on a tow truck in a little plaza in the woodlands, one with a starbucks, it wasn't wrecked, probably just a delivery or something

4. mycarsux

mycarsux Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2006
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Wylie
    Red 348 this morning in the River Oaks shopping center.

5. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    Very nice!

6. mycarsux

mycarsux Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2006
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Wylie
    Just saw a blue Noble on Allan Parkway, a silver 996 GT3, and a black RS4 with gunmetal rims on Shepherd.

7. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004

That Amirs neighbor, what did you think of the car in person?

8. mycarsux

mycarsux Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2006
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Wylie
    I think it looked pretty good. Some have said it looks too much like a kit car, but I didn't think so. It was cool to finally see a real one.

9. Gonzalo92

Gonzalo92 Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Houston
    yea I'v seen it too, but I just passed it and it was parked, it looked good to me, didnt seem like a kit car

10. mycarsux

mycarsux Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2006
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Wylie
    On Sunday morning I saw a white Lotus Esprit on Waugh. Don't know the specific differences between years, but it was an '80's four cylinder.

11. ADON

ADON Formula 3

Feb 8, 2007
    Yellow Gallardo in Giddings, TX headed twords Houston.

12. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    this past weekend, black SLR leaving the exxon at shepherd and westheimer. then a few seconds later that light bluish bentley GTC turned west on westheimer from shepherd.

13. Rexcoltrain

Rexcoltrain Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Orange Gallardo in The Woodlands yesterday that looked stalled.

14. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    For those of you who don't know Franco's father passed away in Italy Wednesday evening.

Franco is on his way over.

15. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
  16. Rexcoltrain

Rexcoltrain Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Black 430 yesterday on Grogans Mill and today a dark metallic 612 at PF Changs in The Woodlands. That 612 sounded so incredible I almost sat on the curb beside it but my wife wouldn't let me.

17. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    was out in the 430 this afternoon and got to drive in front of a silver CGT for a while on AP. seeing one of those in your rear view mirror is something else.

also saw a red 575 headed out of downtown on AP.

18. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004

I saw the 430 on Sawdust and the 612 as I was going to Conns:cool:

19. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    Ty: I'm almost positive that the CGT you saw as a guy named Kamran, he is the CEO of University General Hospital....owns about 10 cars. Has a 430 spyder, murcie roadster, phantom, ford gt, etc.....

20. mycarsux

mycarsux Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2006
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Wylie
    Around 2:00pm saw a grey 430 spyder on San Jacinto heading towards downtown.

21. Gonzalo92

Gonzalo92 Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Houston
    #1472 Gonzalo92, Feb 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. mycarsux

mycarsux Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2006
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Wylie
    Saw a black Aston V8 Vantage at Starbucks in River Oaks, followed by a grey 612 with yellow calipers driving by. The 612 looks good in understated colors.

23. FAMILY MAN

FAMILY MAN Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    ** Back in the mid to late '90s there was a fellow who lived in Houston off Westheimer Road down by the country club. He owned a Yellow F50 and an assortment of other Ferraris. He travelled around to club events in a bright red Prevost Marathon motor coach. I would see he and crew at Texas World Speedway and also in Florida at Moroso. Surely if he is still active in the Ferrari world, he woud own an Enzo and and probably even a Bugatti Veyron.

FM

24. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    Yes, Paul Frame is his name...his house is on my street. It is actually for sale right now for $15mm....however it owned by someone else. Unfortunately I highly doubt he is active in the Ferrari world as his cars were purchased with stolen company money. As a matter of fact, I think he is in prison now....His collection was impressive though :)

http://blog.kir.com/archives/001882.asp

More specific info

Specifically, the Commission's Complaint alleges:

During 2001, Frame, then Seitel's CEO, deceived the company into paying $750,000 to resolve personal litigation brought by his former girlfriend; $179,000 to buy a Ferrari that he drove in a private racing club; and $256,000 in racing-related expenses. Frame intentionally misrepresented these expenses as company costs. Investors did not learn of these improper payments until after Frame resigned from the company.

Seitel's lax controls facilitated Frame's wrongdoing, and led the company to pay $148,000 for a security system for Frame's mansion and $2 million of advances to Frame for as-yet unearned bonuses, none of which Frame's employment contract permitted. Debra D. Valice, Seitel's then-CFO, also received unauthorized bonus advances of $375,000.

In early 2002, Seitel's Board declined to award Frame and Valice bonuses, but agreed to accept promissory notes for advances previously paid. The notes exceeded what Frame and Valice actually had received as advances, so Seitel's accounting department, at Valice's direction, paid them the difference, totaling approximately $335,000. Frame and Valice left Seitel soon thereafter.

edit: even more interesting readings

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fsb/fsb_archive/2005/07/01/8265277/index.htm