Ferrari community has lost a friend | FerrariChat

Ferrari community has lost a friend

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Rafienva, Mar 1, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rafienva

Rafienva Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2004
    North Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Ralph(Rafi) Cestero
    Juan Carlos Bousquet, local Mid Atlantic Ferrari enthusiast and friend, past away this morning at Shady Grove Hospital after his battle with cancer. He will be remembered by many in the area for his friendship and dedication to the Ferrari community. As I am writing this I can see him driving down the straightaway at Summit Point looking for someone else to pass. He had so much fun behind the wheel of his 348 Challenge car. He towed that car up and down the east coast to all Ferrari track events with his beautiful wife Maria by his side.

I met Juan Carlos 10 years ago when Enzi Livio, a mutual friend brought JC to purchase his first Ferrari from FOW, a 1997 Rosso Corsa 355 Berlinetta. After Juan Carlos attended his first track event that year, he was hooked. He asked me to find him a track car, hence the 348 Challenge car, the rest is history.

I will miss him as will many friends and family.
    Ciao my friend.

2. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    I never had the pleasure of meeting Juan Carlos Bousquet, but I'd like to extend my deepest sympathy to his family and friends for their loss. Losing someone to cancer is a tough thing.

3. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    My thoughts and prayers are with his family during this tough time..

4. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm sorry to hear. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family.

5. SF81

SF81 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Northern, VA
    Didn't know him, but my condolences to his family.

6. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Very sad, thanks for posting. A true enthusiast.

7. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    Sorry to hear about his passing. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

8. LEbert

LEbert Karting

May 17, 2005
    Herndon
    Full Name:
    Laura E
    To all who knew J.C.,

We are very sad to report that J.C. Bousquet, one of the MAR's most ardent Ferrari enthusiast and Challenge car driver, passed away Thursday, March 1st around 10:00 in the morning after a relatively short but determined battle against cancer. He died quietly and comfortably at The Shady Grove Seventh-Day Adventist Hospital in Shady Grove, MD.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    The following are the details on the services:

The Viewing will be held at Robert A. Pumphrey Funeral Home, 300 W. Montgomery Ave., Rockville, MD 20850 301-762-3939.
    Sunday, March 4th: 3-5 PM and 7-9 PM

The Service is to be held at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, 520 Viers Mill Road, Rockville, MD 20852 301-424-5579.
    Monday, March 5th starting at 10:30 am.
    After the service the burial is a short drive the from church to the cemetery on Viers Mill to Aspen Hill to intersection with Georgia Ave.
    The address is 13801 Georgia Ave., Silver Spring, MD
    Following the burial, for those who wish to attend, there will be a gathering at Maria’s house, 14952 Finegan Farm Road, Darnestown, MD 20874.

Maria has asked that in lieu of flowers, donations to be sent to: Brem Foundation (the fight to defeat breast cancer-- www.bremfoundation.org).
    No flowers to the house please.

Maria has asked for people to bring their Ferraris---she wants everyone to rev their engines once last time in JC’s memory when we leave the church. The hearse will have a 96 on the side in honor of JC’s 348 Challenge car.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

May J.C. rest in peace and may Maria rejoice in the memories of a truly fine gentleman with whom she shared a wonderful life for many years.

Bill Ebert, Director
    Ferrari Club of America, Mid-Atlantic Region