ferrar relay baton | FerrariChat

ferrar relay baton

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by turbos7903, Mar 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    For the obsessed Ferrari collector. The Ferrari Relay Baton which will be used in the worldwide relay ending in Marranello celebrating Ferrari's 60th anniversary is available at www.ferraristore.com this item is limited to 500 numbered examples. They are taking orders now. A bit pricey but what isnt! Jon in Delaware

2. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    I was just thinking last week about when they'd be selling these...

3. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    3k for a baton, thats pretty cheap.

4. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    2163 euros is 2843 USD

5. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    WTF?! Would you guys seriously buy one of those things?

6. Rudie

Rudie Rookie

Mar 2, 2007
    No way. id rather spend that £1500 GBP buying rare limited edition Ferraris for about £300 each! Thats crazy. Plus the cars look better!

7. ChallengeDK

ChallengeDK Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2005
  8. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I don't know. I just think Ferrari could cool it a bit with the merchandising. A metal stick for $3K? Oh yeah. It says "Ferrari" on it.

9. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    I must admit I am suprised this item has not attracted more attention and comments. I just remember the Pit crew watch frenzy. This item it seems has fallen on deaf ears. Whats wrong with the offering? Please I dont have any special interest other than my personal interest in the item. Jon in Delaware

10. bjm

bjm Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Brian
    For that money, I would rathar buy some real ferrari F1 team memorabilia from Morry. Why would you buy a ferrari metal baton for 3k when you could get a pair of signed Schumacher race used gloves for about the same.

11. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    And if the symbols on the baton are the same as in the book '60 anni in 60 simboli' then 2 of them are wrong!!
    On p.43 the photo used for 1963 is a 1966 Ferrari 330P3 - not a 1963 250P
    On p.61 the drawing used for 1972 is a 1971 Ferrari 312P - the 1972 version had a different profile
    How much the baton now?
    Nathan

12. moriaan1

moriaan1 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans
    I thought ferrari was about cars? Running is done on your feet, I thought those were made for using a throttle, clutch,,, and sometimes the brake.

This is about making profit on merchandising.

Never saw these things used in car-related activities, so whats the point of having one?
    I cannot find one other reason for buying it, other than using it as a life hammer

buy buy buy them, so ferraris makes more money to build new cars. Maybe they should be making red fishinghooks ( looks nice)

13. ChallengeDK

Jan 13, 2005
    I'm talking about enthusiasm (which you obviously don't have). You don't buy a Ferrari for the money, you buy it for love or enthusiasm. For me, Ferrari has always represented the pursuit of the unattainable. I think, if i ever get to own a Ferrari, it will be very surreal, because it's the dream of my life. And then i won't care how much money I've been spending on this.
    I've never said i would spend my money on this, because i wouldn't - firstly because i don't have that kind of money to spare, and secondly, because i would rather use that money, if i were in a position to be able to use that kind of money, to safe up for a real Ferrari.

That said, i love this kind of memorabilia - I think it's unique, and that it represent the love and enthusiasm about Ferrari that i love. Ferrari has never been about cheap cars, so why argue, that this kind of memorabilia is a great addition to the memorabilia in existence. I think more of this kind of memorabilia is needed, because that's another thing i love about Ferrari - as i mentioned - to many, including me, Ferrari, again, represents the unachievable. This may as well reflect in some memorabilia.

14. moriaan1

moriaan1 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans
    sorry if I offended you, but my opinion stays the same, I don't own a ferrari either, but spend my money rather on ferrari-car related items. A relaybaton, is something that does not appeal to me as a ferrari item.
    nore does the puma clothing, or the teddybears with Ferrarilogos.
    I don't walk around in an F shirt, or with an F cap.
    I collect factory-brochures and bbr and brianza scalemodells.
    Thats my thing. They represent the cars and their heritage. If you like other things ,,,buy them and be happy with it, taste and style are experienced differently by each individual. I respect somebody elses opinion, but do have my own. Would be boring if we all liked the same things.

15. ChallengeDK

Jan 13, 2005
    No, you didn't offend me, and I agree with you, to a large extend. But why not just admire the passion, that i think exist, that make sale of this kind of memorabilia possible. I think that it's unique to the Ferrari community.
    And, of course, i respect your opinion, as I do with everyone else. That I don't always understand those opinions, is another matter ;) ;)

16. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    After holding the real relay batton yesterday I have to say it really is a work of art, definately a collectors piece, and amazingly heavy too.

17. 328

328 Karting

Oct 20, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I wonder what Enzo would think about his company selling 'batons' for >2k euros? He'd probably like it in a 'there's one born every minute' sort of way.

18. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Too steep for me but I can agree I'd rather have something like a Ferrari F1 Shumy helmet.

19. detltu

detltu Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Full Name:
    David Taylor
    Just to point out. The Batons are replicas of the baton that will be passed around the world on Ferrari's 60th anniversary celebration this year. That is why it is a baton. I know it still seems silly to some but I think it is really cool.