Lewis Hamilton | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton

Discussion in 'F1' started by Senna1994, Mar 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I have been watching his career for the last decade, when I read about him in AW. How long before this Young Man becomes the next F1 Champion? Extremely quick and very smooth. I wish him the best, I think he might be the man to come close to MS as far as stats.

Red Rocket and paulchua like this.
  2. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    He's definately off to a great start. He'll probably win one or two races this year. He might even become faster than Fernando sooner than people expect. His future in F1 is looking pretty damn good at the moment. A great job by Robert Kubica also.

3. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1 And your always on the money!

4. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Thanks mate, you too.

5. kole

kole Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2005
    He is simply awesome! K

6. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    After qualifying they showed a doco on Mclaren and Lewis, I now understand why so many people think he is the next big thing. Alonso defiantly wasnt expecting Lewis when he signed that contract, should be an interesting season.

Pitty he loves Mclaren :p

7. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    IMHO he is the next MS, not Kimi or FA, sorry.

8. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves, say the mclaren breaks down every race, talent only takes u soo far... Button learnt that the hard way.

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Don't compare him to Button. He is all ready shown what he can do in the lower formulas, and what he did against Alonso today is proof enough. I know you are a MS fan, but this guy has more talent than half the field already.

10. staylor

staylor Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2006
    Sydney/London
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Button has undoubtedly got a lotttt of talent... very very smoorth driving style... just his management team are complete useless... he should of moved to BMW when he had the chance. When he gets a good car he will win races.

But yeah LH definitely is a great driver... surprised a lot of people today for doing so well in his first qually session, I wish him the best. :)

11. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    this is a good thread Tony. i must say i'm extremely surprised at his performance. i'm thinking that maybe he can challange for his 1st win as early as tomoro.

12. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I remember him as a very young boy on out local news reports. I remember him talking to David Culthard when he was 12ish and saying that he would like Davids seat at Mclaren, if only they both knew:D
    I have always had my fingers crossed for him to rise up the ranks. Dare i say the next British F1 champ......
    Looking forward to watching him race tonight (UK time 3am), watched him qualify this morning at the same time.

13. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Impressive, yes, but no less impressive is Kubica! He only has a handful of F1 races more experience (& probably less overall F1 seat time) and this in a somewhat inferior car.

The gap to P4 is due to him not having done a 2nd run.

BTW, has everyone forgotten about last year's early season revelation, Rosberg?

14. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    At lot of a drivers career at this point is based on fate.
    He seems to have pulled the lucky straw landing at McLaren when they have a competitive package.
    Nicos ending up at Williams, probably locked into an iron clad contract ties him up, although I think him to be the best of the new crop.
    Kovalainen didnt make the cut until a year later than Nicco and ended at Renault with a better chance to excell.
    Fate.

15. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Ron Dennis’s little Frankenstein creation is definitely something to fear indeed.

16. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Good Point.

17. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    LH and RK definitely have brilliant futures and will win AS LONG AS THEY HAVE COMPETITIVE CARS.

If you don't believe me, ask Jean Alesi....

18. mat

mat Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2006
    Warsaw/Lodz, Poland
    Full Name:
    Mateusz
    that's what i was gonna say - kubica FTW! i think if he was to drive mclaren he would've been faster than lewis

rosberg was never a revelation to me... he and kovalainen still need some practice i guess...

19. bennett

bennett Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    CHARLOTTE, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    I am excited to see Lewis Hamilton, what great promise he has! And I think he has the "something else" to make him a superstar of racing, that edge that Schumacher, Senna, etc. had, the ability to read the car, the track, the other drivers to create a total package. I also think he has the work ethic that is so necessary for taking a team over the edge from competitive to daunting.
    But it's WAY too early to be sure of any of this. I'll comment further after we see him in race traffic and race nerves :)

20. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    *Looks at your location*

Ah that's it then.

21. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Haha nothing like national pride, but I guess if we go with that assumption I should be a die hard Scott Speed fan :) I'm impressed with lewis in qualifying, no w we just have to see if he stays this quick througout the season.

22. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Ah yes, but that's if all things are equal. Robert Kubica is more talented and in a more competitive car than Scott. If Scott was in Robert's situation, then chances are you would be more biased towards him, no?

23. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Hamilton certainly seems like the real deal. I think Kubica looks like it too. Last year, Rosberg showed brilliance too, although he has been hampered by a less-than-stellar (to put it mildly) car. I also think Button is a great talent who hasn't caught a break yet.

Hamilton is in the most sought after position right now - rookie in a WDC-level car. I think his already-good talent is being amplified by a very fast car. I think Rosberg or Kubica in the same car would likely be equally fast.

Best of luck to Hamilton.

But I do take minor issue with the "Schumi" comments. MS was a talent that comes along once in a lifetime, IMO. During his tenure, other GREAT drivers competed against him and he outshone them all. MS has the total package - amazing speed, precise car control, a great attitude, competitive spirit, amazing work ethic, and out-of-this-world natural talent. So far other drivers have come close to or even possibly matches some of what Michael has, but I don't think anyone has the total package that he has, and it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't see another driver performing at his level in many of our lifetimes.

But in terms of raw speed and sheer talent spread across the field, this seems to be a very good year. It seems there are a lot of very fast, young, talented drivers out there which bodes well for the next 10 years. Think back 5-6 years ago... before guys like Kimi we had a lot of one-year washouts in F1. Its MUCH more exciting now.

Good luck to Hamilton - I hope he cleans Alonso's clock tonight, but, I still hope Kimi wins :)

24. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Agreed if Scott were in a more competative circumstance then I guess I would be a bit more biased towards him.

25. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    After watching Lewis race this past weekend, I am more than impressed with him. He drives with the maturity of someone who has been in F1 for a long time, and is extremely quick. I believe he will be a multiple World Championship winner - and I don't believe I have ever said that about a rookie, especially after only his 1st race.