Hmmm.......I think i got insulted. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Hmmm.......I think i got insulted.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Pizzaman Chris, Mar 25, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Javelin276

Javelin276 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Thor Zollinger
    Think of it this way... If they don't know what it is or think it's a kit car, they're less likely to steal it; Ignorance as insurance.

2. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    haha! I'd say yes, it is a kit that was hand made in Italy...

I've only driven my car 25 miles before the bad weather set in...and in that short time I had one guy insist that my 355 was a great looking Testarossa. :)

I agree with Rifledriver, I bought it for my driving pleasure...the general public can call it whatever they want.

3. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    I'd ask him who did his toupe'!

4. fifrules

fifrules Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jon Kepler
    I've never understood this. If you can afford a Ferrari, you can afford the surgery to get that fixed.

5. edd1e22

edd1e22 Karting

Jan 11, 2006
    N. California
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I think you should buy a house before a ferrari....otherwise where you gonna park your car...godforbid outside?

6. Chicane

Chicane F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 17, 2007
    Funkytown
    Full Name:
    Dirk Diggler
    "The motor is in the back, that's how i know it's one of those kits.", Yeah he's a real Ferrari aficionado.
    Well, my first instinct would be to grab the roller but it sound like he is just an idiot in need of an education. Here's what you do:

1. Pull out a Ferrari coffee table book from under the counter that only has the mid-engined models from the GT4 to the present day. Instruct him that Ferrari has been making mid-engined street cars for quite some time.
    2. Then take him out and show him where he can find the OEM Ferrari VIN plate.

See if you do it in a "friendly car-guy educational" way, you retain a customer and educate the idiot at the same time.

7. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    go for it, give him a nice brain massage :)

8. Glen_Lloyd

Glen_Lloyd Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 13, 2003
    Lloydminster AB
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Why is it so important that people know you own a Ferrari? Do you have your own issues? I prefer for security reasons that people don't know... less reason for theft or vandalism. When some people have asked if it is a kit car my general response is "It sure is, you caught me". They go away happy and I am glad I could make there day.

9. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Many are very stupid when concerning cars. People on F-Chat are usually intelligent. We must feel insulted when people do no have the same feelings or knowledge of Ferrari and are ticked off when they confuse the greatest car in the world with a Pontiac POS.

10. Irishman

Irishman F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2005
    Raleigh
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    When he comes back in ask him how HIS wife is and YOUR kids are doing :D.

11. pete04222

pete04222 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Maine, USA
    Full Name:
    Peter Cyr
    Same thing happened to me once and the reply I got was, "Well anyone can throw a set of Ferrari valve covers on an engine." Incredible! This guy actually thought I purchased Ferrari valve covers and just bolted them onto my kit-car. I should have tried to explain how difficult it was to add the second distributor and the other 2 cylinders. "I wanted it to be authentic."

12. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Noooooo; but, a very nice old lady walking a lovely Springer Spaniel told me that my 360 was a very pretty new Mustang. Horse, you see.

13. ZINGARA 250GTL

Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    As well you should , sir. As well you should.

14. THE DOBIE

THE DOBIE Karting

Feb 12, 2007
    UK
    I was in halfords the other day dont ask me why,
    f430 parked right outside the front entrance, this couple a gorilla and a nice Blondy walks in and i over heard .. that's a nice Ferrari he turns around and said it's one of those kit car things, she replies it looks like a real one,
    and he said just goes to show what you know about cars.
    I had to laugh.

15. AMA328

AMA328 F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2002
    ABQ-67me68-OKC :)
    Next time just point at the horse and say it's the latest model Mustang :)

Giddy up, pardner...

16. ZINGARA 250GTL

Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    See, it was the little old lady who pointed at the horse on my 360 and said it was a pretty new Mustang.

17. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    I was out driving a 360 when they had first hit the shores. A car pulled up to me and asked what it was, told him it was the "new Mustang, didn't you see the horse" The customer was still laughing when we got back to the dealership.

Scottie

18. MedMech

MedMech Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Since I accepted the fact that 50% of the average Americans are dumber than the average American I am rarely insulted nor surprised by ignorance.

19. sicqnus

sicqnus Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2005
    Paris - France
    Full Name:
    Cyril Chartier
    - "It looks like a Fiero..."
    - "A Fiero ? What is that ?"

20. ZINGARA 250GTL

Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Amazing! You've come very close to describing one side of a bell curve.

21. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I think he's trying to describe the "dumbell curve". :p

22. Easyrider7467

Easyrider7467 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2005
    Northen N.J.
    Full Name:
    John
    I just dont get people like this either.

When I saw a Ferrari on the road or had the pleasure, yes, I enjoyed discussing the car, at the time it was the closest way possible, and owners never minded. I think they appreciated the common passion.

I would never ever judge or invalidate their ownership; or the vehicles authenticity !!

My response would be "God Bless Em"

The other day I had some guy tailgate me in 5 mph traffic thru Newton, NJ ( I always keep a 4 car cushion between me and the car in front) and when I made my right turn, he went passed at a speedy 6 mph he blew his horn at me.
    Go figure??

23. ZINGARA 250GTL

Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Yepper, as we say here in PA.

24. ZINGARA 250GTL

Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Fools are always worth forgetting. Your 4-car interval is a good Idea, as my policy has always been- "You can't hit what you're not near."

25. ZINGARA 250GTL

Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    A Fiero was an interesting little two-seat Pontiac automobile that everyone but the insurance companies liked. Consequently, It no longer exists.