The Ontario Thread! | Page 337 | FerrariChat

The Ontario Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ClassicFerrari, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    Hey V,

the wine was great with the filet mignons we broiled on the barbie tonight,
    Thanks for the thank you!

Gerrit

2. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Yes it's one of my fav's. You should try the same wine just a couple of years older. To die for. But alas there were none left :(

It was my pleasure. Thanks for the mags!

3. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    I've got some cell phone pics to upload when I get the chance. Needless to say, the streets are coming alive.

4. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Well, it was a no drive for me today :( Found a pin hole in my coolant expansion tank. Didn't want to risk it, so back she goes until I can get a new one. It was already rebuilt once during the restoration but it's just too old now.

5. dbakowsky

dbakowsky Rookie

Dec 18, 2003
    Oakville, ON
    Full Name:
    Dave Bakowsky
    saw a gransport spyder today in brantford of all places lol and a QP the other day on the 403 just south of brantford.

6. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Damn !!! Dont you hate that.

Hopefully it will be an easy and painless fix Jay.

7. 6spdHorse

6spdHorse Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2006
    it's never an easy and painless fix.....we ALL know that...wishfull thinking,thanks Rick....

8. Ragin Bull

Ragin Bull Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mike Gallo
    #8408 Ragin Bull, Mar 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    SCHWWWINNNGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I love the SLR ....the 722 is even better...what a great styling car. Too damn bad it has a 3 pointed star attached to it.

11. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Just ordered a new tank from Trutlands...it's on it's way to me as we speak. Price is 4 times what it's worth but still cheaper than shipping from Ferrari UK.

12. miladferrari

miladferrari Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2005
    prev.Van. nowToronto
    pontiac solstice !!
    lol i dont see sh*t here in richmond hill,it has been about 4-5 months that i haven't spotted an exotic down here,damn.
    On the internet it says that the average income of a family in richmond hill is about $100,000 a year,but where the f*ck are the exotics then.

13. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    $100 000 sounds cheap, after tax that's only about $50K. Certainly not enough to buy a new exotic. You gotta figure a lease for a new(er) Ferrari/Lambo will be around $2000 a month or $24 000 a year!

14. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Are you kidding me ? You will need to grow up quick my friend.

100K and living in Richmond, with or without a family to support you aint buy ****.

15. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    That's what I said but nicer :D

16. Forza-Italia

Forza-Italia Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Just for curiousity sake, I wondered what it would take to lease a new Lambo LP640 Roadster which cost is around $450,000 - $500,000. I was quoted $100,000 down 24 months @ $4,900 +tax per month. AND you have to guarantee the buy back at the end of the 24 months at $315,000. I doubt very much if someone is making $100,000 a year is going to be able to make that kind of investment, richmond hill , caledon hill or boot hill.....i don't care which hill....you'll need a mountain of cash to make those kind of payments.

17. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    You are looking in the wrong place !

Come to Woodbridge or Kleinburg, you can spot a few F's and M's while in line at any Tim Hortons!! Its like shooting fish in a barrel, or shooting a horse in a stable...bwbbwhahahaa

RichHill doesn't have that many F cars....only a few come to mind if I think about it.....Try King City, alot higher family income could = more F cars????
    and its just up the street from you...

18. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Wow, what a waste of $300 grand. I love the car, but seems like a waste to buy it new.

LP640 or not, that car will be worth about half in 3 years...check on Ebay, you can get a nice Murcie for $200,000 US.

Leasing is just a slower, less painful way of getting a broom up your a$$...

19. Forza-Italia

Forza-Italia Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I agree with you about the leasing part, but I disagree with you about being able to buy a Roadster for that amount of money. A 3 year old Roadster in the states still goes for 300-350,000 U.S. A regular 5 year old Murcie with a lot of miles may go for around 200,000 U.S. Ebay may show bids under that amount, or around that amount, but they don't meet the reserve, and are never sold. Exotics are'nt meant to be investments anyway. If you love'm, buy them, enjoy them, and forget about what it's going to be worth 1 or 2 years down the road if you can afford it.

20. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    Ahhh... finally pulled my car out for the season today... WOOHOO, what a rush taking it to 8000rpm!!

Gerrit: Thanks for the video man, that was absolutely awesome! Our company is an official sponsor of Scuderia Ferrari so it was cool to see the logo on the F-car drivers helmet and rear spoiler :)

Anybody else pull their car out?

21. LambogatiINC

LambogatiINC Formula 3

Aug 14, 2004
    Toronto/Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sal
    thats the best way to put it, everyones always worried about what its going to cost for this and that, IF your in the market for a car of that stature then what its worth at the end of u molesting it shouldn't be a huge concern...

annd mike, those are some great pics...the 722 probably sounds like a beast..

annddd, i saw *dare i say it* a 430 challenge, okay before i get my head bitten off...i dont know if it was one oor not, ii saw it from my rearview mirror getting onto the 407 east from pine valley..then i turned around and it actaully looked like an enzo...but it was definitely a 430 with either aftermarket wheels or the challenge one...also 2 vipers, both rt/10s, one white with blue stripes, one solid red...

i need to bust out that camera again...

22. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

You can order an F430 with the challenge wheels. Looks great. Is that what you saw?

The Stradale aint out yet nor do I suspect you saw a challenge car on the road. Who knows.

V..

23. LambogatiINC

LambogatiINC Formula 3

Aug 14, 2004
    Toronto/Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sal
    thanks v-man...yeaa i'm defintely sure i saw the 430 with the challenge wheels...and yesss, it did definitely look great...

24. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    You didn't see a F430 Challenge.

BTW, are the Challenge Stradale style wheels BBS CK's?

25. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Wow, a 722.

I heard they were not coming to North America?