348 round taillights vote YES or NO | Page 3 | FerrariChat

348 round taillights vote YES or NO

Discussion in '348/355' started by Raywheels, Mar 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Salsero

Salsero Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    MY
    Full Name:
    Rezal
    One more vote for the slats. It keeps the cohesiveness of the design.

IMHO, the 348 is wedgier a la the 308GT4 vs the more organic 308/328/355/360 (I should know - I once owned the ultimate wedge - a Giugiaro Esprit). The 512M represents the nadir of Ferrari/Pininfarina wanting to try to return to the original round tail light design for a car that was clearly not designed for one, and ended up with a Frankenstein look that would do Pimp-my-ride proud.

For those who think that double round taillights represent Ferrari-ness, what does this mean now that the 599GTB has single round tail-lights? Somehow rather, I don't foresee 599GTB owners going for a double tail-light conversion 10 years down the road (but then again, pigs might fly).

Perhaps a 348 could be mistaken for an Esprit from the rear, but then again, someone might mistake a double round taillight Ferrari for a C6 Corvette or Nissan Skyline? I know this is rather unlikely but my argument is simply that while the double round tail-light is definitely a Ferrari trait, the lack of it does not imply the car is less of a Ferrari, nor does having it imply that you are a Ferrari wannabe. It's a classic look that just keep repeating itself in various configurations (still not sure about the rocket-nozzle like version on the F430 and Enzo tho).

Having said all that, at the risk of being a hypocrite, the "more organic" F355 wheels do seem to suit the 348 pretty well!

2. Salsero

Salsero Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    MY
    Full Name:
    Rezal
    Btw, in case you guys didn't notice, the original poster also had done a similar post offering the conversion so this "poll" is a market research in disguise with a subtle solicitation.

3. Andy hls

Andy hls Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I dont think the 355 was a step up,but then i dont think ferrari have taken a step up since the 348.i only drive at weekends and i want my drive to be special,so i want it to be about me driving the car, not how well the computer can drive the car.I went of the look of the rear lights very soon after buying the car, so i did something about it,i have since spent lots of money on my 348,that doesnt make it any less a 348 it just makes it a better 348, my car drives like a new car without all the electronic ****,its as fast as the new cars and handles better,it will nver be a 355 and thank **** for that.
    I dont know if the kits were made when i made mine but i designed and made mine myself which also made the car more special to me.
    I like 355s i just dont want one.

4. dc348

dc348 Formula Junior

May 27, 2006
    Luckily back in HK
    Full Name:
    DC
    #54 dc348, Mar 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi VTC4198, I do like this set up too. The more I look at it the more I like it. I really do think it is the best of both world. Got the pic of a mate and believe to be a one-off custom job. From what I can see it shouldn't be that difficult to fabricate, anyone here handy? I will show it to a show and see if they can do it and how much. Anyone else interested? May be a group buy? Here's another pic.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. rikilamb

rikilamb Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    surrey
    Full Name:
    riki lamb
    #55 rikilamb, Mar 30, 2007
  6. ExoticMD

ExoticMD Rookie

Sep 21, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Leave the graters on. Goes with the overall theme of the 348. If you dont like the graters on the back you might as well take them off the sides as well. But then you would have a 355, so you might as well buy a 355. JMO

7. Sven-F

Sven-F Rookie

Jul 4, 2006
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Sven Peter Jorgensen
    No round taillights on my 348 ts.

Many Ferraris have round taillights. 348 is unik

8. jeffwh

jeffwh Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    White
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Why mess with an original design? It seems to me that Pina wanted it this way so it should be left that way.

9. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Yea leave the design alone. It dont mater that "pina"was having a bad day the day they designed the 348 now does it:DD

10. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Thats true. Never thought of it that way. We all have bad days...:) :) :)

11. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    #61 brent Lachelt, Mar 30, 2007
    Perhaps he had a bad nightmare about a "certain un named car" the NIGHT before designing the 348's rear end.... :D :D :D

12. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    Round tail lights look good, but you lose a little of the original design...so what? The design is not perfect, I think the slate thing was overdone on the 348, design theme gone wild! look at the engine lid WAY too busy almost comedic in the lack of design thought (I am surprised they didn't put slates on the mirrors too!).

BTW, shouldn't the folks that are against the tail light mod be against changing the original wheels?? Afterall to maintain the design package you shouldn't be messing with those either.

13. Armenhaz

Armenhaz Karting

Nov 8, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I say keep the wheels too. The 348 rules.

14. Stbernard

Stbernard Karting

Mar 29, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Benjamin
    TWO thumbs for Jagbuff!

15. chrisx666

chrisx666 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2004
    YorkshireUK
    Full Name:
    Chris B
    Up or down??

16. Stbernard

Stbernard Karting

Mar 29, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Benjamin
    HEHEHE sorry let me rephrase

TWO thumbs UP for Jagbuff

17. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    TWO THUMBS DOWN FOR YOU HOSERS!

18. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    THREE thumbs down for this thread.

19. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Having participated in this thread, and having my car be a sample of what this thread is about, I say ENOUGH, kill this thread.

20. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Albert, trouble is, you never bothered to show us the BACK of your car. ??? !!!

21. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    #71 brent Lachelt, Mar 30, 2007
    Yes the brotherhood is thicker than water.. ur.. ur I mean tail lights. Once again we've shown that we can have differences in opinions with these things. However, in the end we are the BROTHERHOOD!! :) :)

22. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    #72 albert328gts, Mar 30, 2007
  23. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.