Mind Blowing..... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Mind Blowing.....

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by BLUROAD, Mar 30, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Fair enough.

2. Canut

Canut Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Manuel Canut
    If the Mexicans are taking your job, then you may need a better education. What happened? Did you loose your high paying job at McDonalds?
    If Mexicans are taking all the jobs, how do you explain the low unemployment rate?

3. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    1. Let's see. We (LBJ) took the Vietnam War money for "The Great Society" program. See many positive results? Remember the "Peace Dividend?" You have a valid point but, try to resist holding your breath.
    2. Mechanical engineers rarely lose jobs to non-english speaking people. At least, not yet.
    3. Thanks for the McDonald's tip. I'm going right out and look for one where the clerks speak only Spanish.
    4. As an engineer, you may want to check out the construction projects for Wal-Mart then, run down to Myrtle Beach and check out the new condo projects. If you don't speak Spanish, bring an interpreter-you'll need one.

4. ZINGARA 250GTL

Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Concur.

5. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    In 1987, an Intel 286 exceeded the computational power of 75% of the human race.

6. Waldoonay

Waldoonay Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2007
    Ottawa/Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Walid Z
    But there is a difference between "computational power" and artificial intelligence. There is nothing to worry about if computers can process things faster than us, they cannot, and will not, for a while, be as smart as us.

7. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Wow. That was very humbling.

Thanks for posting that.

8. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Down with computers!

9. ZINGARA 250GTL

Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    No way! The NEA will never allow it. Nancy will never allow it.

10. ZINGARA 250GTL

Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Do yourself a favor. Go over to the Admin. office at your University or any other university you choose, and spend the less than five minutes it takes to find the person in charge of GRANTS! Case closed.

11. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona

WTF are you talking about? I've never worked in a fast food restaurant in my life. I'm a record producer...

When people come into this country and get a job, they are taking that job position from a legal citizen. How hard is that to understand?

I won't even get into the health care problem we have...

12. TopCloser

TopCloser Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2006
    The vast, vast majority of research money comes from university endowments (Harvard's got $22 billion) or from private sources. Grants constitute very little in the grand scheme of things.

13. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    The music was originally from the movie soundtrack Last of the Mohicans, I have the CD somewhere...

14. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Go to any college graduation ceremony and see who is getting PHD's and Master's in electrical engr. or mechanical engr. It's not the american kids anymore.

15. mauibarber

mauibarber Rookie

Oct 10, 2005
    Maui, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Alex Morgan
    The only thing I want to know is when do we get the flying cars/jetpacks we were all promised?

16. Canut

Canut Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Manuel Canut
    No, they are not. By your logic, if there are, according to some accounts, 12 million illegal immigrants in this country, they there should be 12 million Americans unemployed trying to get those jobs back.

17. TopCloser

TopCloser Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2006
    The engineering jobs of tomorrow will be the manufacturing jobs of today. Well, the basic engineering jobs, anyways (mechanical, electrical, etc). This is not to say that engineering is junk (both are waaay beyond my capabilities), but as we become less and less of a manufacturing economy, service becomes more and more, and a natural heirarchy of service jobs will form.