Spotter's thread | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Spotter's thread

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by Tifosi1, May 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Does he still have his house in Brady Island in Madisonville? I used to see some of his cars over here, mostly at copelands, but haven't in a long time.

2. triggs85

triggs85 Rookie

Nov 18, 2004
    brand new blue Aston Martin DB9 volante in the Morgan City/Patterson area.

3. McLaren_boy

McLaren_boy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    ATL but NOLA is home
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    That's a great story! I was in Hammond a while back and Copeland's Continental GT was parked there. One of the employees at the airport was very proud because he said Copeland occasionally let him drive the car. :)

4. RacerFlash

RacerFlash Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bob Gordon
    Not sure how much he is worth and my neighbor's not sure either. But, here's the jet he flies for Copeland.

GUlfsteam G-III. Here is the latest version. http://www.gulfstream.com/g450/

Top speed - Mach .88! (about 677 MPH at sea level)

Flash

5. SuperCarDreamin'

May 20, 2006
    Friend saw a yellow Gallardo Spyder at the office Depot on Essen in BR.

6. Kent A

Kent A Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Kent
    Spotted yesterday about 10am: Yellow Gallardo Spyder on Poydras by Superdome

7. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    There was a MB CLS and new S parked head to head behind St. somethings at LSU. Dalrymple and Highland.

The new S class w221 is really growing on me. I don't care for the tail lights. I think they should have been left to the Maybach. From what I've seen online the new C is going to have those lights too.

My favorite is still the w140 because it was such a good car but the w220 is gorgeous.

8. FAMILY MAN

FAMILY MAN Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    A silver Ferrari 360 Spider was spotted on I20 Eastbound last weekend headed to Shreveport, LA.
    Anybody know who ??? I saw it around the Texas - Louisiana State line

FM

9. Evil Buddha

Evil Buddha Karting

Apr 8, 2007
    Nine Mile Point LA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell
    I talked with a guy last week off loading a Black 1981 308 at a shop by my office (Pepsi St. in Elmwood) to have the belts looked at. He just bought it this past December for $40K with 10Kmi on it. He drove it back from S.C. and it now lives, I think on the west bank. I had one drive down my street around January but I forgot to ask him if it was his.

Nice site, I just found you guys. Are there any other GTG’s besides the FQC?
    I had a very short but fun race with someone in a red 348 Spider on I-10 before Kenner coming back from the FQC. They instigated the race and seemed to enjoy it as much as my wife and I.

10. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Welcome! We like to cut up around here.

Enjoy

11. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    black bentley azure at the mall of louisiana this afternoon

12. Evil Buddha

Evil Buddha Karting

Apr 8, 2007
    Nine Mile Point LA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell
    Thanks

John, did you go to De La Salle or LSU?

13. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Me? Tulane.

14. FAMILY MAN

FAMILY MAN Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    ** I saw which could have been this same car on I-20 Eastbound about 2 weeks ago, I think it was a Saturday afternoon, but I could be mistaken. They could have gone to I-49 and taken that to I-10 in Lafayette, LA. And headed East again towards New Orleans.

FM

15. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    328 red/tan @ North Oaks Hospital in Hammond

16. SuperCarDreamin'

May 20, 2006
    Today I was heading down O'Neal Ln. and saw a yellow car heading towards me. It was a Lamborghini Murcielago heading in the opposite direction. I turned the car around and tried to catch up with it only to find it entering the interstate. I had no hopes of catching so I went down to the Hobby Lobby parking lot and turned around. After turning around I saw a yellow Viper that stayed right behind me until it entered the interstate as well.

17. wthenry

wthenry Karting

Jul 16, 2006
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    William Thomas Henry
    im new to this spotter's thread, but i see there are more exotics in louisiana than one would expect!! i have a friend that lives in hammond and i visit quite frequently....was just wondering what exotics are in or around the hammond area....and i guess baton rouge is included in that range as well...my friend who lives there has a silver evo VIII if anybody has seen him....also, he goes to nlu...

18. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    2 Lotus Elises with tops off traveling together on I-10 West in New Orleans East, one yellow other was orange.

19. SuperCarDreamin'

May 20, 2006
    Around Hammond there is a F-Car (355 F1). In Baton Rouge there are a lot. There are two murcielagos, one titanium and one pearl yellow. There is at least one gallardo in pearl yellow. There is a silver diablo, but i havent seen it recently, and a black diablo roadster that had Georgia plates. Mainly there are Lamborghini's here (BR) but there are a LOT of rare sports cars.

20. wthenry

wthenry Karting

Jul 16, 2006
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    William Thomas Henry
    thanks man, i will keep my eyes peeled next time in the area..i find it weird that there are no lamborghinis in mississippi yet there are multiple ones 2 hours to the east of us...

21. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    odd question, but...do you have the vanity tag 'RAUDI' ?

22. dream34

dream34 Karting

May 31, 2005
    New Orleans, La.
    I know there is a red F355F1 that is often parked on Thomas St., near the Aveda Spa and a yellow Elise I often see parked outside of Tase of Bravaria on Saturday mornings. In addition I often see quite a few heading out of Ponchatoula, toward river road. Aside from that most of what I see are Porsches and classics. What really has my intrest peaked is the house being built right off of Wagner and Hoffman, near Bon Aire. It has an attached 4 car garage and a seperate 3 car. Hopefully it's somebody with a nice car collection.

23. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Richard, it is a different person who I am actually friends with.

24. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I spotted this car being driven today on the bridge at the end of Gen DeGaulle going towards English Turn.

25. Evil Buddha

Evil Buddha Karting

Apr 8, 2007
    Nine Mile Point LA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell