Cannon Beach for Seattle Crowd | FerrariChat

Cannon Beach for Seattle Crowd

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Aeroengineman, Feb 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    I'd like to spend two nights like we did last year. I'd like to drive down or drive back with the one-dayers in the Seattle crowd. This year I'd like to try driving down with the one-dayers. Is there anybody else who would like to spend two nights so we could drive both ways together?

2. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    I think it would be better to go down with the big gang on Sat and come back Monday. I might be interested in doing that.

3. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    I'm thinking of friday to sunday...........

4. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Fri-Sun - hmmm... head out by ourselves and come back by ourselves.

Sat-Mon, head with teh big gang and come back by ourselves...

5. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    I like Saturday run to Cannon Beach with the group. More cars the merrier. Depending on the weather, Monday return trip would be fine. We'll see.

6. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    I just called Ray Pirtle to see if he's made special arrangements with the Hallmark resort so we can reserve rooms at the brother-in-law rate. Had to leave a message. I'm leaning to going down with the large and usually lost large group on Saturday.

7. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    I've just been working on the article for the next newsletter. Ray reports that the Hallmark has reserved rooms at special rates for our group as they have in years past. They'd prefer that as many of our group as possible book two nights, as they don't normally allow single night stays this time of year. In the past several club members have gone down on Friday night and stayed the two nights. Maybe a group of those so inclined could organize their own group to drive down together on Friday.

Check out the next newsletter, coming soon, for the specifics of how to reserve your rooms, etc.

eric, not real sure what a brother-in-law rate is...

8. shelbee

shelbee Guest

I am with KUZI gotta work on Monday but take friday off to drive down

9. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    I'm ok with Friday departure - lets see if we can get a consensus on Friday. We need to make reservations and this is holding us up.

10. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    On Friday we would have Tegeler, Kossert, Kuzi, Frankie - we should try to get two more. Maybe we can get Eric. Dave Schumacher came on Friday with us last year but he may want to hang back with his wife and the dogs in their land cruiser on the other hand maybe not!

11. shelbee

shelbee Guest

I am sure Willis and some new members like tkinslow would be able to go. How about make a stop to Tonkin on Friday and have lunch at Lake Oswego:
    at Avalon Hotel and Spa?? http://www.avalonhotelandspa.com/

Been there, excellent parking and nice food. The spa is also wonderful.

12. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    I'm sure Carolyn would prefer to go straight to the Beach via the backroads the way the Saturday group went last year - I've gone ahead and Booked our's and Kossert's room at the Hallmark Inn 503-436-1566 ext 112 - they promised to secure the garage underneath this year.

13. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    "they promised to secure the garage underneath this year" Can you elaberate! Like what happened last time, I am not looking to make trouble just curiuos as I usually dont even lock my 308.

14. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    Last year they allowed "other" cars to park in the covered garage. Its still open i.e. no door on it but there are always clueless people who would be tempted to park close to your prize possesion unless they were told not to and leave you wondering whether your car was getting harmed by a clueless act like letting their strollers bang into it.

15. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Wasco, don't worry!! These photos should be self-explanatory

16. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Dave S, this year it is my turn to park my spider at the spot your spider parked last year!!

17. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Count me in for the Friday drive down.

18. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Looks like critical mass, count me in

19. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I'm in as well! Just made Hallmark reservations for Fri and Sat. My wife will also be going. I assume she'll have company and won't have to suffer car talk the whole trip?! - Tim

Note: I changed my f-chat handle: tim360 (new) = tkinslow (old)

20. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    With Kinslow we now have a Friday departure for the Seattle Crowd with the following players:

Tegeler, Kossert, Kuzi, Shelbee, Jackson, Bradley, Schumacher, Fox, Willis, Albert and Kinslow - 355 Spider, 355 Spider, either 360 Spider or 575, either a 360 Spider or a 550, 360 Modena, Dog transporter, 360 Spider + Dog Transporter, 328 GTS, 360 Modena, (360) Stradale, 360 Modena = 10 Ferraris and 2 Dog Transporters

21. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    360 Stradale + kids transport (X5)

22. shelbee

shelbee Guest

or 456M GTA?? :)

23. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Just made reservations at the Hallmark.............I believe April 30-May 2........Two nights. Fingers are crossed that we get some decent weather.

24. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    After the beach run I will drive back over Highway 18 or 20 from Cannon beach to Salem, I love the twisty mountain pass curves for forty miles.

I just wanted to bring this thread back to the top, hope you dont mind!

You guys talking about all that fun stuff got me thinking..

I assume everyone has been getting in alot of driving time...

I drive my 308 every chance I can... I have been leaving the top off and coming home for lunch an drivin her back to workevery day it is over 60 and no rain which has been 3 out 5 . still to cold in the morning to drive topless at 7 am.

25. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Do you know what the weather will be like??

Last year was pretty damped :(