Am I nuts? | FerrariChat

Am I nuts?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by donald, Mar 20, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. donald

donald Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Don
    I know I do not post much but I read nearly every day.

I have this new obsession with the Noble M12. Just ask my wife! Anyone know someone with one locally? I would like to see one in person and get a ride. Part of me wants a faster car with better AC. I love my 328 but I am tempted to part with it....maybe just maybe.

Any feedback on this car? I have read a lot and cannot really find anything bad about it. I love the look of it too. My 328 has been a pretty good car but it sounds like a Noble may be lower maintenance.

2. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Call Jonathan Peck at www.rufautocentre.com, he just found one for a client, and would be a good starting point.

3. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    From all press on the Noble its a terrible car. A kit car at that with dismal performance for the money. Enjoy your 328 and keep it going in 10 years your 328 will be approaching 100k in value the noble will be 15k in auto trader. JJ

4. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    I have heard the same, the one I have seen in person had stress cracks forming in places you just do not want anything cracking..

S

5. donald

donald Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Don
    Thanks for the feedback. I will have to dig futher and find some more of the drawbacks of the car. My other option is to wait a bit and get an early 360...love the 355 spyder but I do not fit comfortably at 6'2.

6. Inowownone

Inowownone Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2005
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Tom W.
    Don,
    Same as you.... I read a ton... and post little. Per your last post... 6'2"...I would think a 360 would have more room than a 328 GTS.?? I have a 328 GTS as well... Maybe it's the "top" that reduces the head room in the 355. Curious.... that is a interest to me as well. Regards, Tom from Plano.

7. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Speaking of glorified kit cars, someone told me once that Bob Norwood referred to the Lamborghini as just that.

8. donald

donald Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Don
    Hi Tom,

I sat in a 360 and I fit very well. I actually fit very well with the seat all the way back in my 328 GTS. However, when I stow the top behind the seats it gets a bit tight. I usually leave the top home and hope it does not rain! Perhaps I would fit in a 355 coupe better. I still love the 328 but wish it had better a/c and a bit more power!!

9. donald

donald Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Don
    I am still looking at the Noble. A great guy in Rockwall gave me a ride in his yesterday and took a lot of time to show me his car. Beautiful car that looks better in person than the photos. The power is incredible and the interior is quite roomy and comfortable for my 6'2 frame. The car even sounds great and there is really no maintainance. There seem to be some good deals out there on 04 and 05 models. That being said, my 328 just might be up for sale sooner or later.

10. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    Went from a 355 to a 360 at 6' 1" I felt that I was not really comfortable the 360 has a ton more room I was actually surprised from a headroom and leg room perspective.

11. jonathanp

jonathanp Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    That had to have been Adam....

12. Waterboy

Waterboy Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Houston, Texas USA
    Full Name:
    Bad Boy
    About 2 years ago I started seeing articles about Nobles, usually just short teasers. After about 6 months of article and some internet research, I decided maybe I should see one in person. Found one in Austin and drove there on the weekend to see. WOW! It's small doubt someone much larger than 6' would be that comfortable. I'm 5'10" tall and I was very comfortable, although the petals were a little offset and the foot well was small. You would have to be careful what shoes you wear in the car, as I doubt my Cowboy boots would fit. I have that same problem with my Lotus Elise fashionable shoes have to be Italian. Drove the Noble and have to say it handled like the Elise, but with more power that I could be imagined. Maybe here I should say that I have a 360 as well, so use to lots of power. The Noble was amazing and the A/C worked wonderful. (Unlike the Lotus) The car had a lot going for it. The price for the Austin car wasn't inexpensive, but not totally out of line. The build quality was within Ferrari standards remember the build quality on some Ferrari's isn't that good. With the production of the 348 and forward the build quality has improved exponentially. Utimately I decided against the car for several reasons. 1) I had four 2 seaters and even for me that was a surplus 2) I thought the car was a little low, not just ingress and egress, but the front spoiler as well 3) I thought the resale would tank (this was borne out when the seller was unable to sell, even when he kept lowering the price). All of these items kept me from purchasing. But, what a car, it performs like a Ferrari, has reasonable comfort and the price is reasonable. Now, would I give up my Ferrari for a Noble, NO, but someday would I add one to the garage, YES!!

13. donald

donald Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Don
    Thanks for the info....

I have decided I may be better off buying a nice 355. I am not ready to make the move....having hard time parting with the 328 but sooner or later I think a 355 may be the car. I seem to fit ok in the coupe but the spyder is a bit tight. I still love those Nobles and I will keep my eyes open. My biggest concern is that it would be difficult to resell and I tend to swap cars every 2 or so years.

14. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    I ran across a silver Noble sitting on a "tote-the-note" looking car lot out towards Highland Village heading west from Lewisville...about a month ago. Stopped to check it out. Reminded me of the Lotus Elise. Might still be there for sale.....