Just got my Panerai Ferrari Chrono | FerrariChat

Just got my Panerai Ferrari Chrono

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ajmarton, Apr 25, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ajmarton

ajmarton Formula Junior

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles
    #1 ajmarton, Apr 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This watch is better than what I ever expected. Amazing detail and sharp looking. It feels solid and is 6 oz with the strap (which has a deployment). What I didn't realize until I got it is that the winding crown screws down into a grove so that the prancing horse is always upright in relationship to the watch. There is a yellow marker actually set into the crown for orientation. The chrono pusher are also screwed in place. You unsrew the sleeve to use the button. Very nice indeed. PM for info as I have a great source. Andrew
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Probably the nicest of the Ferrari watches from Panerai - understated but recognizable.

I looked at them and ended up going with the Panerai Luminor Marina instead.

3. todd

todd Karting

May 20, 2003
    fresno
    Full Name:
    todd spencer
    how much?

4. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    Nice cavallino touches!

5. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    Not sure if I want to know...every time I see a Ferrari watch I want one until I see how much it costs. :( Would if I could.

6. ajmarton

ajmarton Formula Junior

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles
    The price is quite affordable. I do not want to violate forum rules regarding advertising so PM me for details. Andrew

7. ErikV10

ErikV10 Formula 3

Oct 30, 2006
    Its definitely nice! I want one.. :p:p:p

8. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Great watch; I love Panerai's. Being as I don't own a Ferrari, I had to go with the Power Reserve (Pam 90).

Mark

9. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    No rules against giving us a ball park figure...
    I'll start... my just arrived pit crew watch was $300.

10. ajmarton

ajmarton Formula Junior

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles
    The watch was $650 with the Valjoux 7750 28800bph w/ hack movement.

11. potxoli

potxoli Formula 3

Mar 22, 2007
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Eric B.
    You're kidding!? I paid close to 3K for my plain vanilla luminor close to 3 years ago. Is there an online source?

thanks

12. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Those watches run between $6-$10K. I like them, but I liked the Panerai Daylight Chrono better......so I bought one!

13. ajmarton

ajmarton Formula Junior

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Excellent choice ... I forgot - does that model have the same dial as the Regatta Flyback - PAM253.

14. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    #14 Ashman, Apr 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Looks like a quite nice replica. Where did you get it? Compare to this:

Officine Panerai - Scuderia Chronograph - FER 00008 - Never Worn in Box w/Papers - Stainless Steel -Limited to 700 Pcs, Automatic, Panerai Calibre OP XII, Black Dial, Luminous Hands, White Numbers, Scuderia Ferrari Logo at 12:00, Date at 3:00, Sub Seconds at 9:00, Sapphire Crystal, 45mm Case, Screw back, Priced at
    $8,600.00 Stock Number OFP-1111611 Order

Reduced to $8,350.00

15. ajmarton

ajmarton Formula Junior

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Interesting picture. The top chrono pusher is screwed down locking the button down while the bottom pusher shows the sleeve unscrewed allowing that button to be operated. You can tell by looking at the sleeve in relationship to the button itself. The crown locks down as well with the yellow marker up off to the side (not on top) so that the prancing horse is standing up in relationship to the watch. Andrew

16. spEYEdr

spEYEdr Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2007
    LA - City of Angels
  17. ajmarton

ajmarton Formula Junior

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles
    The dealer is in Canada and the watch is 100% dead on accurate. It is a quality item - probably better made than a Seiko. People buy reproduction art pieces all day long because they appreciate the art and want to show it off. You also see the same phenomenon in the fashion world. Don't forget cars - "after market" rims and other high end parts. Ferrari reproduction parts are everywhere. And I would take a Becker 56 or replica Cobra over a Datsun or Ford any day of the week. I appreciate both gens and replicas and collect both in the car and watch world. So I don't get it. Sorry.

18. vanny

vanny Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    buffalo ny
    Full Name:
    van molenberg
    where in canada? e-mail address? are they located in Toronto?

19. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    All it takes to spot a fake Panerai is turning the lights off. The real ones glow amazingly bright.... the fakes do not glow at all.

I like the Ferrari models but went with a PAM 72 chronograph with the Zenith El Primero movement. I like the understated 40mm case and the El Primero with 36K alterations per hour is an amazing movement well displayed by the full crystal case back. I love Panerai!

Terry

20. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Cool, I have the 74, which is the same watch but on a leather strap. I did buy an aftermarket bracelet on Ebay which makes it like a 72. The el-primero Panerai's are great. I also like the size which is 40mm, and smaller than the typical panerai.

Dom

21. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Well, I don't have a problem with you wearing a knock-off, although as posted above I'd rather wear a genuine Seiko.

But the title to this thread is deceptive. In fact, someone might reference this post to compare a prospective purchase to and come away thinking that yours is genuine, and theirs matches, so it's good. IMO, you could have titled this thread 'Panerai replica Ferrari Chrono' and been more forthright.

Also, it's obviously an illegal use of the Ferrari brand, which feels kind of 'off' for a site dedicated to Ferrari.

My .02.

22. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I like them too. I started out looking at 40mm cases because I have small wrists. But then I tried the 44mm and it looked perfect.

I'd advise anyone shopping to actually go to an OP dealer and try on the different sizes before deciding.

23. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    I agree that trying them on is a good idea. The 44mm models look wonderful as well. That said, trying one on at the dealer can be a neat trick. The Atlanta dealer, the only one in the entire southeast, typically only has 1 or 2 samples in the case at any one time. FINDING what you want at the official dealer to try on can be the neat trick!

Terry

24. WISHLIST

WISHLIST Rookie

Apr 5, 2007
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Chad

Well... I started reading this thread last night and fell in love with the watch. Thought about getting the info and contacting the "source" all day long.

I may be a little out of the fine watch loop, but I thought it was legit. I knew that there were Ferrari watches out there and that most were thousands of dollars, but looking at this particular watch, I thought maybe it was a lower end model.

I agree that stating it was a replica from the beginning would've saved a little confusion....or a lot.

Still looks good though...IMO

25. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    But why would you start a thread entitled, "Just got my Panerai Ferrari Chrono" if you knew it's not actually a Panerai?