Bugatti Veyron vs. this: | FerrariChat

Bugatti Veyron vs. this:

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by Lambofreak, Apr 24, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lambofreak

Lambofreak Karting

Aug 13, 2006
    Full Name:
    The Messanger
  2. furious_ferrari

furious_ferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Why would you compare that to a Veyron? So what if it has the horse power. It doesnt have the aerodynamics.

3. Lambofreak

Lambofreak Karting

Aug 13, 2006
    Full Name:
    The Messanger
    Of course I'm not comparing them. For me the Veyron is a perfect jewel and this car is just a stone, but I would like to see if it really beats the Veyron in performance as some have said. Just curiosity :)

4. Moca

Moca Formula 3

Feb 3, 2007
    Hungary, Szombathely
    Full Name:
    Peter
    All we need to know is ...

12900 ccm
    1100Hp
    1760Nm
    ;)

5. **nismo**

**nismo** Karting

Dec 16, 2006
    Hampshire (U.K)
    Full Name:
    Chris Williams
    o yer this car, saw this about a year ago, pretty impressive, you cant really compare these cars as theyre in different leagues, one is a super fast bentley and one is a well not sure really but yer would be intresting, at a guess, the cobra would out accelarate quite considerably to a point and then the veyron would take over, not sure what this point would be though, probably about 160/170mph maybe more but that cobra wont do 250. So off the lights the cobra gets it since you're not going to reach 160mph on the street,lol

6. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Not going to reach 160??? I know guys that go faster...myself included.

7. Bronto

Bronto Rookie

Dec 20, 2006
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Joakim Brodd
    the weineck does 0-186mph in 10s. I don't think the veyron can keep up with that :)

although I don't know how safe it is to travel beyond 200mph in that monster

8. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I agree it will take time to catch it but if theres enough road the Veyron would win.

9. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Not quite. All you need to know is:

Veyron = production car.

10. **nismo**

**nismo** Karting

Dec 16, 2006
    Hampshire (U.K)
    Full Name:
    Chris Williams
    160 on the roads?i cant really talk about bein responsible driving but on the roads?thats just being stupid, well spose it depends if theres any other road users around and just in case, i meant mph not kph

11. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Yes exactly, and that is a big difference.

You can strap a jet engine on the back of a mini-van to make it beat a Veyron in a drag race, but that doesn't make it a better car.

12. **nismo**

**nismo** Karting

Dec 16, 2006
    Hampshire (U.K)
    Full Name:
    Chris Williams
    Thats a seriously good point, like i sid the veyron is a very fast bentley basicly,a cruiser with extremely high quality materials, interior etc that just happens to be one of the worlds fastest if not the fastest at the moment.

13. coverland

coverland Formula 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Colin
    That's exactly it. I'd see posts on the old japanese tuner sites that I would roam (before I used my head) and they would read "Videoh: Sub@ru k1LLz ah Lamb0," and sure, the 15psi turbo'd nothing-but-one-seat-and-a-steering-wheel Impreza beats the completely stock Murci by a quarter second or whatever... but the Murci was still completely stock from the factory. It's not the same.
    -Colin

14. **nismo**

**nismo** Karting

Dec 16, 2006
    Hampshire (U.K)
    Full Name:
    Chris Williams
    This site has gotta be the best site ive ever been on, lol i just have to say it,just full of a lotta great people with the right idea, that comment just made my day, ive also roamed sites like that and they just dont get it do they, you cant compare a stripped race preped car with an exotic, the idea of an exotic isn't to have the fastest whatever its an exotic not a race car. I personaly own a jap car simply because i like to go fast and it is a brilliant car but id never dream of racing an exotic off the lights simply out of respect, actualy it depends on what i thought of the owner, but anyway generaly i wouldnt and even if i did its no big deal if i won, my car doesn't have the passion and all the rest of it that goes into an exotic. Don't know if anyone here's ever been on streetfire but that place is a load of crap it really is its basicly just cheap vs expensive cars, thats all it is an constant argueing about it.

15. CarlDog

CarlDog Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Southern NH
    Full Name:
    David
    I recently when the weather turned nice up here in NH had an opportunity to drive a Cobra replica with a 427, no radio, no ac, and although it is NOTHING as luxurios (sp) as the Bugatti it was a ***** ton of fun and a thrill to drive. Just the sound and brute power was scary. If your not going in a straight line the Cobra will bite you bad. The thing is when I drove the car it , to me is the ultimate car to drive to the lakes and mountains up here. I would kill to have one even if it was a replica. I sure dont have the money for an original like my Dad once had but christ the things go like stink.

Best wishes,

David
    (Carldog)

16. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004

There's quite a few Cobra replica's, GT-40's reps that would laugh at a veyron. Some are built by Factory five.

The Ultima GTR will dominate a Veyron in all aspects except topspeed but everything else such as 0-60, 1/4, and even at the track the Veyron is toast. Ill go as far to say the Ultima will beat this Cobra.

Keep in mind there's a could Supra's that can keep up with a Veyron along with a couple Viper's and even few Fbodys that can do the same so it really doesn't matter what gets the job done.

Hell even a Hayabusa or ZX-14 will distroy the veyron.

I want to see some hardcore proof this could beat a Veyron, show me a Video of this thing beating a bike like nothing and iam talking about a ZX-14.

17. coverland

coverland Formula 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Colin
    Well, I have seen a video of the Veyron being outrun by a bike, as well I have seen video of a M3 keeping up with one... if I come across them, I'll post them up. Although I'd doubt there is video of that Cobra doing anything but going straight ;-)
    -Colin

18. Lambofreak

Lambofreak Karting

Aug 13, 2006
    Full Name:
    The Messanger
    I'm looking for the proof myself! (and can't find it)

Anyways... even if it can beat it, this Cobra can't compete with the magnificence and exquisite engineering of a Veyron.

19. coverland

coverland Formula 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Colin
    Yes. The bottom line, right there. ;-)
    -Colin

20. CR-X

CR-X Karting

Apr 26, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    Laugh at Veyron... hardly, in the real world on the street the extremely heavy/luxurious Veyron will just about give anything a run for its money. It has such a great AWD drivetrain that anyone would be able to click of 3 second springs to 60, not everyone can make a busa run 9s and even then still the Veyron is pretty close to that. As far as the Ultima goes, you cant even compare it to the Veyron, its nothing more than a racecar/kitcar with a ton of power and there are plenty of similair racecars that would put the Ultima to shame. The Veyron is a true production car, the luxury of a Bentley, parts designed to last 20+ years, 10+ years of engineering and design, acceleration that would beat almost any bike, a top speed faster than even anything to have run at Lemans. Id love to see a stripped down, no holds barred race version, imagine if they could get its weight down to 2200-2600lbs

21. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    But anyone can put a huge powerful engine into a small car, but not anyone can engineer something extremely fast and luxurious into one car.

22. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    12.78L

Damn.

23. cntchds

cntchds Formula 3

Oct 22, 2005
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Peter Hatch
    That I could respect, though I don't think that you could get it down that low without changing out just about everything. There is only so much you can change before it is just no longer a Veyron. The interior could be stripped. The sterio, a/c, swap some body panels that aren't already carbon fibre to cf. Then what?

It was built as a fat car, it's gonna stay a fat car unless it's a full renovation.

Peter Hatch

24. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    From what i know, engine/gearbox is almost 900 kgs (1800 lbs) alone.

So i doubt they'll ever get close to 3000 lbs...

Frankly i don't see anything admirable in the veyron.
    If the ultima is a kitcar, so is the Veyron. Engine comes from VW, gearbox from ricardo etc.
    It's probably a Saudi's dream and a zit-plagged 13 yo boy's, but i doubt it's much more fun than rollercoasting.

I'm not saying it's a bad car or whatever, but it doesn't feel like a revolution the way the McLaren F1 was.

25. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Amen!