Classic Car Emissions Testing Legislature AZ | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Classic Car Emissions Testing Legislature AZ

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by ENZOSON, Oct 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ENZOSON

ENZOSON Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Erie, Colorado
    Full Name:
    PIETRO
    It took me close to 1 1/2 hours today at the MVD, but I succeeded to register the car. The process took a little longer since I had an out of state title, but after getting one of the managers involved, everything worked out.

The key is in the type of insurance. It needs to be a collector car insurance -
    The MVD will input a special code for the insurance carrier that will exempt the vehicle from emissions testing from this point forward.

Theoretically the "emissions exempt" script will show up on your next renewal cycle.

If you are renewing your registration and want to benefit from this, I would go to the MVD (or one of the 3rd party tag places), bring your insurance info(policy printout etc) and do it face-to-face. Hopefully this will be a one time thing.

Hope this helps.

Pietro

2. Allen F

Allen F Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2006
    AZ / PNW / NYC
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Pietro,

Did registering it this way save any money on license fees, or does it just become exempt from emissions testing?

3. ENZOSON

ENZOSON Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Erie, Colorado
    Full Name:
    PIETRO
    No $ savings (the car is a '71 anyway) - just the emissions testing.

pietro