sell 430, Buy GT3 RS? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

sell 430, Buy GT3 RS?

Discussion in '360/430' started by adam, Apr 28, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. madmaxatl

madmaxatl Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2007
    Buckhead, Palo Alto
    Full Name:
    Don Johnson
    That was a joke, but anyway. the gt-3 rs is a pain to get into. It has a full roll cage with 5pt belts. Based on how it can be a pain to get into would be enough for me to not buy it, but thats just me. Now as a track car or a toy, thats different.

2. SANguru

SANguru Formula 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Josh

the US version has neither the full roll cage or the 5 pt harness.

3. docjackson1

docjackson1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2007
    i don't have a z06, but i wouldn't dismiss the z06 as being an alternative to an f430. of course you could never compare the fit and finish of the ferrari to the z06, but their performance is similar and the vette costs 25% of the price of the ferrari. let's be honest now.

4. marksp

marksp Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2006
    Redmond, WA
    sell it. hopefully the next buyer will drive it often and share the experiences here on ferrarichat.com.

5. peterb

peterb Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    milan italy
    Full Name:
    peter ross
    for sure the 430 is more comfortable as an every day drive. from an investment point of view the gt3rs is a much better investment in the long term. the gt3rs is a limited production car where the 430 is the toyota corolla of maranello.

as a second or third car if you really like driving hard i would go with the gt3rs. if you love the f marque that is another story.if you like the f marque and want investment grade merchandise buy a 360 cs or put yourself on line for a 430 cs.

i have a 360 cs and a gt3rs on order and i use the cars as 3rd and 4th cars. i consider them to be 20 years bonds that instead of giving my dividends give me driving pleasure. if you can keep the cars for that long you will have a very good investment and 20 years of driving pleasure!

6. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    If you are not going to see the track, the Porsche makes even less sense than the Ferrari. I used my GT2, with full faux clubsport set-up, as a daily and it was brutal- the stiff suspension and low front spoiler made driving to NYC a real challenge. I am currently using a 993 for a daily, and keep the Italian exotic (6.0 Diablo, which could never perform DD service) for pure recreational driving. NB. The Diablo was purchased from a previous owner who never drove it for the same reasons with which you are struggling.

7. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.

I love the RS, but 30 mpg? What, coasting downhill? NO WAY does the RS get 30, or even 20, in normal driving. Let's hear from some RS owners as to their mileage...I'm guessing around 15.

Gary

8. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    Adam,
    Your issues seem to not be with performance of the cars and with perception. As such Alex's (410SA) advice is really spot on for you. If you want to really own a stealth performance car then Porsche is not it. Even now days BMW is not really it. But you could get away with it more. You want to get close to the Ferrari driving experience on public roads but be more practical and stealthy? Get a dark grey or black M5. However, its no Ferrari and if you love the visceral feelings of the F430 then you will be dissapointed- its quite good for a street car though. I would describe it as a commuters Ferrari.

I drive my F430 to work and all over- without being stupid about it of course- but whenever I can, I drive it. Thats why I got it- I love to drive and this is the best driving car I have and have ever driven. Oh I just love driving this car! As to other people's thoughts on the matter (what will the neighbors think?)- I dont care one iota. But thats just me. If you are more sensitive to this, I used to be more sensitive so I understand it, then I suggest if you can hold the F430 and get something else for daily duties you do it and if you still want to sell the Ferrari then do it- they are hard to come by so I wouldnt rush to sell it unless absolutely necessary. If you do- please tell us the specs... (Im drooling already) :D

best regards,
    Jerry

9. **nismo**

**nismo** Karting

Dec 16, 2006
    Hampshire (U.K)
    Full Name:
    Chris Williams
    thats the problem with any porsche in my opinion, i mean im no poser but when ive spent that much on a car i would like it to be appreciated a bit, even if you had a carrera gt and you were talking to someone about you're car and said o ive got a porsche they'd be like nice my neighbour or friend or whatever has one, probably meaning a boxster or something, id be thinking ummm not a porsche like this you don't,lol if you want a less showy car then yer the gt3rs would be great, heard its an AWESOME car to and looks gorgeous specialy in the wild colour combo's it comes in, you'd have alota fun with the RS, as an everyday car though, a stripped semi track-preped car probably isn't for you.

10. jvmax

jvmax Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    John
    I think we all go thru this when we got our first Ferrari. All the extra attention that you are not used to, but after a few months you get use to it. For those rainy days or times when you don't want to worry too much, there is the second car to drive, the wife's car, or in my case a Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 which is a sleeper car no one knows about and it's still unique.

11. scarbini

scarbini Karting

Aug 3, 2006
    Full Name:
    hello,

I have both the RS and the F430 . . .

no way is the RS more of a Daily driver! its much lower than the F430 and attracts LOTS of attention also.

i love my RS to death, but there is somthing about Ferrari that i cant explain, its just somthing els!.

hows that for some help? :)

12. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I did not say it for this purpose. After we argue aesthetics and marque, and all the rest of the subjective stuff we can throw into this thread, it is simply a fact of life. Look at any head to head comparison. Best

13. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Both changes brought to you by the nannies at the US-DOT....

14. NYC123

NYC123 Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2006
    I had the same issues with my 360 so sold it and got a 997TT. It's a great car but still miss the Ferrari even for the few dives, so have a 430 on the way

15. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    this troll got a real rise out of everyone....

14.9 my gt3 inlcuding 2 track days in 2500 mi

16. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Don't know about the US but my car and every car that I have ever seen in many magazines has a half cage (a stronger version of the GT3 Clubsport cage) and a normal 3 point seat belt. The only thing that is hard about getting in and out of is that the seat is snug but that depends on the size of your as_. There is no rollcage at all forward of the seats. Maybe you are thinking of a cup car

17. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    That's more like it...

Gary

18. bwiele

bwiele Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    West Harrison, NY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I second FJerry's thought about keeping the 430 and getting something like an M5. I bought a 360 in March and have been really, really enjoying it, although pretty much just driving on weekends. My DD lease (BMW X5) is ending soon, and I had been comtemplating an M5 for a while. I bought an 18-month old M5 in great shape thanks to someone here, and I've been driving that. It's very, very good as a DD and LOTS of fun. My wife was upset last week for some reason and asked "why do you need TWO sportscars?" My response was "I spend a lot of time commuting to and from NYC every day, it's the least enjoyable part of my life, and I have no interest in making it worse by driving a Honda Accord (not to pick on them). I'm trying to do whatever I can to minimize how unpleasant that aspect is." But the "I'm not going to listen to logic" filter wouldn't let that get through. And it's relevant to mention that neither purchase necessitated a sacrifice of anything else.

19. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yes no way. I have a C4S and i get 20 mpg in very sedate driving + highway . When i want some fun i get less than 13 mpg..

20. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    My advice :

Drive the F430 as much as you can afford . Scratch the bumper , park it in the supermarket , go to work with it . It will be worth it.

21. Francis

Francis Rookie

Jul 29, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ralph Francis
    #46 Francis, May 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My two cents:

I also own a GT3 RS and an F430 and absolutely agree with Scarbini. The GT3 RS is amazing, BUT...in my opinion NOTHING compares to the F430.

Take the F430 on the track and you will really appreciate it...the absolute best of both worlds...street and track
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Good guess. First tank was about 12 mpg, roads and streets mostly 2nd through 4th gear; second tank was 18 mpg, mostly freeway and 4th through 6th gear. I would figure 15 mpg in mixed driving, less in sport driving.

23. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Completely disagree about the 430 on the track. It wallows and rolls like a street car. I hated the 430 on the track. Fast on the straight but lousy in the corners compared with the 360CS. Really lousy. And the F1 is slow. It was better on my 430 Challenge and the 599 is in a different league. The 430LP should have a 599 level F1 Superfast.

24. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    That's funny, I had no trouble staying with a CS driven by an ex-pro on a handling course (Infineon). It was very enjoyable on the track, perhaps not as stiff as the CS but the cornering speed was quite comparable, even though I was on street Pirellis.

Gary

25. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Then you must not be an "ex-pro" but a current pro. There is universal consensus amongst the amateurs that I drive with that a CS is a much sharper car. We had 2 CS's and 2 430's with ceramic brakes on the track at the same time. We all got seasick in the 430. Laptime close but the gains by the 430 were all on sheer horsepower