[FCA DFW] 5th Annual Primavera Texana Del Motore "Lunch Commute" April 28th | Page 4 | FerrariChat

[FCA DFW] 5th Annual Primavera Texana Del Motore "Lunch Commute" April 28th

Discussion in 'Texas' started by GrigioGuy, Mar 28, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Check my other thread for info on the car show and before. We'll maybe end up in Southlake after the show, but there is an arts festival going on there.

2. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Unfortunately we won't be abe to make it. Y'all have fun.

3. Driversource

Driversource Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Had to bail on lunch to get back to work. Didn't see much of everyone after I left my map (no navigator/passenger to blame) at RUF and got a little off track. Thanks to over-the-phone instructions and only one really bad missed turn, I eventually caught up (at the final stop). I had great fun terrorizing the roads in the support wagon, and still have plenty of water in the back if anyone's thirsty.

4. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    #79 jimpo1, Apr 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. The Godmother

The Godmother Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Marci H.
    #80 The Godmother, Apr 28, 2007
    Thanks Tillman for a great route and super drive. The weather was perfect! Thanks to Jonathan and RUF for breakfast, a great start (and those gift bags!).

The roads were fun, some straight-on open 'er up and let 'er run, some very heavy auto-cross type steering twisties, and some very nice scenery (what, you missed it? LOL)

It was good to see everyone at lunch (good choice of restaurant, too). This is the best lunch drive yet. We need to do it again!

I've attached a couple of pics from today.
    Marci
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. lovick1

lovick1 Karting

Apr 30, 2006
    The Lovick Lodge
    Full Name:
    Timothy J. Lovick
    Great day, great run, great people, great time!

Thanks Will for navigating... and I look forward to seeing some of your photos.

T

7. ApexDrivingAcademy

Apr 23, 2007
    Flower Mound
    Full Name:
    John Holmes
    Thanks to everyone who put this together. It was a great route!

JH

8. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    #83 GrigioGuy, Apr 29, 2007
  9. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Fantastic time! Haven't pushed the Pantera that way in good while. This was probably my first and last drive with you guys, as I've taken a job in Tulsa, and will be there this time next month. It's been great hanging out with everyone, and I hope to visit again soon. And of course I'll still be hanging around FChat, so you aren't getting rid of me fully.

10. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I really had a great time & you couldn't ask for better weather. Thanks Tim, you a great job if keeping up with the pack. It really was a blast, I did my best taking photos but some came out better than others so be sure to check out my photobucket link for the event photos. Also we checked the Puma outlet store in Allen on the way back from the event. I highly recommend for anyone to check the place out for various Ferrari items.

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/wjhmh/Sping%20FCA%20Rally%202007/?start=all

11. 98R648

98R648 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Full Name:
    Nicola Cappelletti
    Great roads and a great group. Thank you to all that organized it.

12. MAXIMUM810

MAXIMUM810 Karting

Oct 25, 2004
    Nice pics, Will!!! I didn't even know you were right behind me most of the time. I definitely had a blast! Definitely a big thanks to everyone who organized and hosted. That route was really smooth, along with the drive, minus a few bikers. Sorry I couldn't stay and wash everyone's cars with the newly acquired wash bucket kit I picked out in the raffle. ;)

13. Manny

Manny Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Manuel
    I had a blast! Thanks T for the excellent route, Frances for the ride and to Rob and uncle Greg afterwards. :)

14. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    The thing is thats not all the photos, I went into PS to edit out the plates & somehow they got way out of order. The rest will be added later.

15. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Thanks to everyone for participating.

Thanks to Jonathan and Ruf Auto Centre for the starting location and the breakfast. Thanks to James @ Norwood Performance, Jano @ 4M Paint and Body, Rob @ Ferrarichat.com and Will H. for donating raffle prizes.

The next "Lunch Commute" is our Strade di Autunno run October 20th. If anyone is interested in organizing that event, please contact me.

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    IMHO the best driving roads we've had in a DFW area rally. Up northwest of FW to Muenster was close, more elevation changes, but less curvy. Thanks Tillman.

I only got 245 miles for Saturday, I heard a few others got more, Tillman? Paul Dorman may have had close to 300, but he's not very active here.

Had a great time Saturday afternoon, but it kicked my butt. Too much sun and fun for one day. Went from Hooters to the show around 6pm. We made a good showing (2) 328's, Mondial, (2) 348's, 355, M3, and 500 SL. Only trophy our group took home was Jano 2nd in 90's. Our eight cars drove more miles Saturday than the other 100 combined I bet. On to Bone Daddy's after the show. Man, I'm way too conservative for that place, I need to keep with the strip clubs, they wear more clothes. :D Survivors at Holay house included Uncle Greg and Will. About $15 of race fuel kept the bonfire "spectacular".

A great day, like it should be.

17. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

255 and change, 1 full tank of gas. I didn't do the run itself, went straight up I75, but compensated by taking the last leg of the run backwards (697/28whatever/FM 121) and then 455 from I75 to I35 on the way home. That last leg is very different going backwards, more blind hills and corners because you're headed uphill most the way.

18. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    #93 jimpo1, Apr 30, 2007
  19. lovick1

lovick1 Karting

Apr 30, 2006
    The Lovick Lodge
    Full Name:
    Timothy J. Lovick
    Nah... man... that photo was taken by one of the cyclists we passed! ;)

20. lovick1

lovick1 Karting

Apr 30, 2006
    The Lovick Lodge
    Full Name:
    Timothy J. Lovick
    I put on 249... that includes the stop at the Puma outlet store.

T

21. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I have a similar shot from when Will rode with me. Hard to believe that it was 3 years ago!

22. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Ride was fun, but meeting & catching up w/ you guys were more fun, too.
    And I won F-chat T-shirt, too!

Great job by Tillman.

23. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    Thanks, Tillman! As usual a superb effort. We really enjoyed it.

24. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Obligatory rules, I kind of like that photo & how it came out. Btw, I took more photos but had a problem uploadiing them. I'll correct it when I get off from work later.

Will

25. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    All photos are up, don't mind the multiple parking lot photos, I'm trying to link them together for a panoramic shot.