Yep, SONY has finally lost it | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Yep, SONY has finally lost it

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by REMIX, Apr 28, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    After the posts you've made in the topic you're complaining about fanboys?

2. QT3141

QT3141 Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2006
    Sony shills are dumb and lack self-awareness.

And I agree with Remix, it's not just this goat thing, it's a lot of things that put me off Sony. I wouldn't take a Sony product if it was given free to me. Screw Sony.

3. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
  4. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Well... God of War was one of the best games ever. Dead goats aside, I hope #2 is as good.

-R

5. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    That could easily be media hyperbole.

Theres a good chance Im wrong but Im not buying that its a real goat...and in my mind that changes everything. A fake goat would be fine as it makes sense to promote the game.

6. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Sony has come out and apologized for the debacle. I would think that if it was a fake goat, they would have definitely mentioned that in the apology press release. Seems like it was real. I cannot imagine what brainiac at Sony came up with that idea. I'm the furthest thing from a PETA lackie, and even I thought it was disgusting, and would have felt the same if I had been there.

7. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    #32 TG, Apr 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

"How about eating still warm intestines uncoiled from the carcass of a freshly slaughtered goat? At the party to celebrate God Of War II's European release, members of the Press were invited to do just that . . ."

"The firm refused to say how the goat died. It is unusual for animals in modern Greece to be killed by having their throats cut, let alone by being decapitated."

Well now what do you think?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Well if SONY is apologizing and not saying it was a fake goat I guess it was real..

Its just unfathomable to me that someone could have approved that...

9. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    God Of War was a very good game, and I dont normally like adventure RPG games like this.

10. gblogger

gblogger Formula 3

May 2, 2004
    N.E. Florida
    Full Name:
    Gee Blogger
    Blood and boobs.....where do I buy Sony products?

11. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    I bet the guys that were sub-contracted secretly work for Microsoft :D

12. Agni

Agni Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    Chicago
    The Goat was from a local slougther house.
    I think it was just a publicity stunt in Greece for God of War II which is a very violent game that uses a lot of characters from Greek Mythology.
    The story is being blown way out of proportions.
    Get over it and move on.

"The Sony spokesman said the animal had not been slaughtered for the event but had been bought from a local butcher by the Greek company hired to stage the event.
    What purported to be warm intestines was actually warm offal.
    He said Sony's UK office had been shocked to see the report in the official PlayStation magazine, which the company licenses to publishing house Future. Sony is this weekend recalling the entire 80,000 print run of the magazine."
    http://kotaku.com/gaming/god-of-war/sony-decapitates-goat-raises-ire-256198.php

13. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    ^ do you work for Sony or something?

14. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    So in other words, if people don't see it your way, they are blowing it out of proportion and should get over it?

Maybe the fact that everyone on this thread sees it differently than you, and the press sees it differently and talks about it a lot means that it IS a big deal.

Rather than being a Sony fanboi, you ought to at least understand others' perspective, as opposed to coming into the thread and dropping occasional bombs.

15. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    Sony has officially jumped the shark.

16. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    I personally could care less but there's no logical explanation for what Sony has done.

17. Agni

Agni Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    Chicago
    I like to be a contrarian

18. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Hmmm. Well what's the difference between a contrarian and a fanboy? A contrarian would post relevent points, and engage in good debate. A fanboy would say "you are all wrong, Sony rocks, shut up!".

We seem to be coming up short on the cogent part :)

19. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    AAAYYYYYYYYEEEEE !

20. QT3141

QT3141 Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2006
    Mike, there's no point in arguing with an obvious shill. For one thing, he can't admit he's a shill, blowing one's cover and admitting to the obvious are anathema to the shill. OTOH, shills should be a little more subtle, circumspect and insidious than our fanboi has been so far, so he's not a very clever shill at that. Sony needs to fire him and find better.

21. Agni

Agni Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    Chicago
    I dont work for sony, I just wanted to show that the items outlined by the OP are just hyperbole:
    Here is more info:
    "The goat's "entrails" were actually bowls of traditional Greek meat soup. At no stage was anyone allowed to touch the goat, nor did anyone eat or drink anything from inside the goat. After the party, the carcass was returned to the butcher."
    "The event was a theatrical dramatisation with a Greek mythological theme and, as part of the set dressing, a dead goat was sourced by the production company from a local butcher."

Look I just saw this post in Off topic and i just decided to comment on it. I just thought that instead of listening to ONE SIDE OF THE STORY I would try and find facts that show otherwise.
    What makes u think I am a Sony employee that created a account on FERRARI CHAT of all places to what change the opinions of a whole 3 people in a single thread?

Im just getting my info from http://kotaku.com/gaming/meat-soup/goatgate-sonys-side-of-the-story-256325.php
    People need to just relax.
    The whole contrarian thing, i was being sarcastic. Yes, I like Sony, so what? You dont like Ferrari? or BMW or whatever other brand you prefer. Just because I like Sony doesnt mean I am a fanboy and ONLY buy sony products.

22. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Because Ferrarichat is the entire universe for some of us... you insensitive clod. :D

23. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Sony rules and the goat was gonna die anyways, ha. This is just a smear piece used to promote an agenda against violent video games and animal rights as well as criticize Sony in the process. It's stupid and it'll probably just help Sony sell more God of War games in the end anyways.

ps: ps2 is still outselling wii and 360 7 years later and hd dvd went from outselling blu ray by 3 to 1 ratio to now being outsold by blu ray by 2 to 1 margin after ps3 came out aka blu ray is pwning. late - s0nY f@nBoY

24. Der Meister

Der Meister Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2005
    Glendora/Prescott
    Full Name:
    Alan
    All im going to say is it worked didn't it? Any press is better than nothing.

25. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    zomg sony r00lz!~