The Last Original General Lee on eBay | FerrariChat

The Last Original General Lee on eBay

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by Kieran, May 1, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    #1 Kieran, May 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=250108256198

"The most famous model of the most famous car in the world! This car was named by TV Land in 2004 as the most famous car in Television History. And this is the exact car that they gave that prestigious award to. This car has done a lot for me over the last 10 years and now it can be a part of your personal collection. I will give you a brief overview of what this car has done. It appeared in the last REAL Dukes of Hazzard movie, "Dukes Go To Hollywood". And under the hood are the autographs of all the living orginial cast members and crew that were on the TV show. It has been on such shows as TV Land, Entertainment Tonight, The Insider, etc. It was the car that Warner Brothers used as a template to build all the General Lee's used on the latest incarnation of the Dukes of Hazzard movie starring Jessica Simpson and Willie Nelson. And what I'm most excited about is that it has recently starred as another car named Traveller in my most recent movie, Collier & Co, Hot Pursuit! Its a great family movie that I wrote, produced, starred in, well you get the picture. Its currently in theaters in different parts of the country, and it goes to DVD in September. Check it out and watch The General do what it does best, go fast! I have personally raced this car in a rally called The Silver State Classic Challenge, held in Nevada. I have also done numerous charity events in this car including raising over $7000.00 for Speedway Childrens Charities last year at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and another $4000.00 for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in the fall at the Sam's Town 250 at Memphis Motorsports Park.Carl Edwards, now a personal friend and Nascar superstar, drove this car himself on that track to show me the proper racing line for my rides with the winners of that auction! And in Memphis, Carl invited me to watch the race from the top of his pit box with none other than legendary team owner Jack Roush! It would take a very long time to tell you everything about this car, so lets just stick to the relevant details. Although the plate says a 426 Hemi, the car actually has a 511 crate motor from 1998 that produces approx 725hp. It has suspension by Hotchkis, auxiliary transmission by Gear Vendor, Viper brakes, and a racing steering box. Although I hate to part with this car, I am really looking forward to building a new one, something I haven't done since I built this one. One more detail, there is an article coming out in a major car magazine where this car is compared and raced against the Starsky and Hutch car, and the Batmobile. Guess who won? As to picking up the car, the buyer will be responsible for all costs associated with picking up and shipping if any of this car. Good luck to all. "
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    Wow it's up to $2.7 mill

3. TrentS

TrentS Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2005
    South Florida
    Ridiculous... I'd love to know if that's a legit bid though, or kids playing... :rolleyes:

4. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The bids look legit. If you look at the bidder details the bidders have rather high feedback and have been on ebay for many years.
    As much as I love the General Lees, with that 2.7 million I would buy myself a California Spider and an Enzo and still have some spending money left.

5. TopCloser

TopCloser Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2006

I'm sure the high bidder's either already got an Enzo and California Spider, or $2.7 mil spent on a novelty car will not kill his bank account enough to keep the F-cars out of the picture.

I doubt the guy's someone with exactly $2.7 mil of net worth saying, "Yup, this is how I want to blow my entire wad."

6. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    lol... but yes exactly +1

It's all relative. :)

7. CarlDog

CarlDog Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Southern NH
    Full Name:
    David
    However, I would love to have all the cars I watched and grew up with on TV when I was younger. Maybe not 2 million plus but it would be so cool to have. In that case... here is my list...

1 - KITT
    2 - General Lee
    3 - The truck from Fall Guy (Chevy I believe)
    4 - James Bond's cars (all of them) rockets are cool
    5 - The BATMOBILE (turbines are cool)
    6 - And the car from the movie the CAR
    7 - The Cobra from the movie Gumball
    8 - A REAL Ferrari Daytona like the replica one they used Miami Vice
    9 - Cooters tow truck
    10 - Last but not least --- In the TV show that lasted about two weeks, STINGRAY split window coupe.

Sorry for the rant.

I recently lost my Mother and just had the need to type.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Carldog

David

8. Adrift

Adrift Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2004
    Dallas area
    Type all you want, brother. You have all our sympathies and our ears / eyes.

My most sincere condolences. That has got to be rough.

9. Peter2

Peter2 Karting

Feb 9, 2007
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Current bid. $9,900,100.00

10. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    Holy crap, it was only at $2.88 mil 4 hours ago!!!

11. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    Sorry man, I know what its like to lose a family member.

12. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Now the kids are starting to play with it. The past few bids are from people that are new to ebay and are bidding on many other items, just running up the bids for fun.

13. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    It's a "resto-mod" non matching numbers car. Even with the history ("b" movies and charity events, HO HUM) and the autographs, even with the "HEMI", you should be able to buy at least 10 of them at this price.

This car apparently never appeared in the TV show.

Just when did "The Dukes of Hazzard" become the Holy Grail of car movies?

I see those TV land promos all the time for their current crop of vintage shows. Not what I'd base my investment planning around.

This model Charger is one of my favorite Mopars but I'd rather have the one from "Bullit".

14. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    All without a PPI.

Now I KNOW these guys are nuts! ;)

15. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Awesome machine! But no way I would pay that for it! :):)

16. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    but aside from that, the silver spur he is also selling is a relatively good deal, comparatively at least, :)

17. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    The "Spur" was not Rolls Royces brightest bulb. The price is more than I'd pay but a bargain compared to an old Dodge for 10 million.

18. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    CMT airs nightly reruns of the show and sponsors the annual DukesFest in Nashville Tenn., an event that last year attracted 70,000 people and about 150 cars painted to look like the General Lee.

This year about 200 General Lees are expected at the June 2-3 event.

Imagine paying $10,000,000 for this non-matching numbers resto-mod car (essentially the "supreme clone" as many cars were built and destroyed for the show) and showing up at this show with 200 other non-matching numbers resto-mods that are more or less identical (except for a few scribbled autographs on the underside of the hood).

I think I'd need some "white lightning".

19. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    #19 writerguy, May 4, 2007
  20. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk

Mad Max?

21. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Where's John (yellowenzo123)? He must be pretty chipper right about now...

22. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

The Mad Max Interceptor!! :p:p John loves this car. :):)
    I think John owns a 440 General Lee and wants the Mad Max Interceptor. :):)

23. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Makes me wonder about those 1981 GMC custom vans like on the A-TEAM.

24. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I remember that show but the car on the show was a 65 Stingray the split window coupe is a 63 model.

25. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #25 miketuason, May 4, 2007