308 Personalized license plates | Page 2 | FerrariChat

308 Personalized license plates

Discussion in '308/328' started by Crallscars, May 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Just did that with my 74 MGB. Here in Alabama it has to be 30 years old. This is cool too; as of Oct 1 2006 you can use a tag from the year your car was built. I bought a 1974 Alabama tag on ebay. The state will give you a sticker to put on it for validation. $11.50 for life.
    I was actually the first person to do it here in Jefferson county and that was just about a month ago. It really adds to the vintage look of an old chrome bumper MGB. I love it.

2. 4redude

4redude Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2005
    Fungus Corner
    Full Name:
    Brian Keegan
    Many years ago I "Ferrari cloned" my Fiat 124 Spider. I had the locking Boxer gas cap, the QV/328 steering wheel & horn button, a "cabriolet" emblem (from the rear of a Mondial) mounted to the center of the wood dash kit, the magnetic resin shield badges on the front fenders, aftermarket 5-spoke Alfa wheels with modified Ferrari wheel caps (108947) and an ANSA sport exhaust. California vanity plate was "4RE TRNR" . Amazingly, the only person who "got it" was one little old lady at a red light. She laughed out loud and complimented me on how clever it was.

3. f360racer

f360racer Karting

Sep 14, 2004
    Renton, WA
    Full Name:
    PJ Z
    My plates read....

MGNM GI

I guess after 22 years I can't get away from being Gov't Issued"

Phil

I had the plate ...FLY 4RI I didn't care if other people don't know how to spell Ferrari.

4. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    On my 1985 308 QV GTS... my personal plates read.... 1KLR4RE ... which translates to "One Killer Ferrari"

Rob

5. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
    how about "EUROTIC" "EUROTIK"

6. aleventhal

aleventhal Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    #31 aleventhal, May 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #32 dstacy, May 9, 2007
  8. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Alex,
    Are your tailights on the 400i reversed?
    (yellow on the outside?)

9. aleventhal

aleventhal Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    Well, the yellow (orange?) ARE on the outside, but I would be willing to bet they came that way (they are tired originals and there is no sign of paintwork that would have necessitated their removal). Were these different in different markets? Was Luigi drunk? Who knows...

A

10. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    "Heya Luigi, howa many times I hava to tell you...shes a no matter yellow ona outside, yellow ona inside.
    Shesa fast, shesa Ferrrrarrrrrri noboday staya behind her to notice.
    She outa run everybody"

11. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave

Oh my New York friend you're just going to LOVE this one....

I have 2 factory brochures, not ones from importers or regional publications. Both are dated 1983. One is the smaller piece that you'e seen with the blue/tan car on the cover, the other is the "prestige" brochure (really big 14"x14" or so) with the sheer pages in it.

Are you ready?....

One has the reds on the outside.......you guessed it; the other has the yellows on the outside.

We've talked about this on the phone and here on Fchat, I swear no two 400's are the same.

Too funny.

12. Crallscars

Crallscars F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2006
    Bainbridge, GA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Crall
    I went down to my Local Florida DMV and got ... 308 GTS1

Already taken..... Robin 1, Ferrari, 308GTSi

If anyone is interested Florida still has available 85 308

13. RDS

RDS Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Elmwood Park, Il
    CCCVIII

14. Tiger Racing

Tiger Racing Karting

Jun 23, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    That's clever, but I can't see paying extra for something that is already on the car. Ferrari puts an emblem that says "308" on each of those cars. Why repeat the designation on the license plate?

C.

15. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    In case the emblem falls off and you need to tell your mechanic what kind of car it is and you forget. So there.

16. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    You really don't get it, do you? Pride of ownership comes to mind. Educating the masses comes to mind. Taunting the clueless comes to mind.

17. RDS

RDS Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Elmwood Park, Il
    RMDC, I don't know if the masses can be educated, but taunting the clueless, although not my intent, does sound like it could be fun.

18. BwanaJoe

BwanaJoe Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Former Space Coast
    Full Name:
    Joe Burlein
    4RE 308 is also taken. That one is mine! The woman at DMV couldn't figure out what the 4RE stood for though...

19. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Taunting the clueless (IMO) gives poeple one more incentive to "f" w/your car.

People need to consider the fact that no matter how inocent you think your personal plate is, some people will see it as.... (1) I've got tons of discretionary income to spend on a fancy car you'll never have and (2) I also have the time to think up a clever plate to rub it in your face...

Sorry, but there is a flip side to personal plates and that is that they can draw additional attention to an already attention getting item, and people should consider this before getting one.

Just playing devils advocate =)

20. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I wanted my personal plate to say "2FAST4U" but someone already have it.

21. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #46 BLACK HORSE, May 11, 2007
    I have another personal plate on my Ford “Exploder” that reads “BK DRFT” which if you saw the movie Back Draft which I saw the it about ten times. I got the plate in 1991 two weeks before the release of the movie which I was the third person who wanted the plate too. I got the third spelling which the other two plates said; “BK DRAFT” and “BACKDRFT”. I was thinking of transferring it to my 308 QV but people including my fellow co-workers and other Firefighters might get offended due to the nature of Ferraris and money status…. Oh Yeah… only if they knew my status!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. junkyarddog

junkyarddog Formula Junior

May 18, 2006
    Palatka, FL
    Full Name:
    Kelly Lake
    I saw one the other day that was good

UDLOOZE

23. Tiger Racing

Tiger Racing Karting

Jun 23, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    No, I do not get why you feel so strongly about this. Just FTR, as I'm betting you missed this, I am not opposed to clever vanity plates that allude to the type of car or something else about it. We have a TR that says "48 VALVE" on the plate and when the car was new and such things were still rather rare, it was fun to see people doing the math and realizing what it meant. And, as I said, the Roman numeral thing is clever, it just seems redundant and therefore a waste of money.

How does repeating the make or model of your car on your license plate show pride?

Again, it says "308" on the back of the car already. And really, who doesn't know a 308/328 when they see one?

Oh, I see. You're one of those Ferrari owners.

C.

24. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    Only some one from Lala land would take time to reply to my post. Line by line yet! But then, vanity plate creativity would be deep thinking for you folks.
    Lighten up - just F'n with ya.

25. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy

on a 308?

I would probably keep that for my 355 or later