Ferrari & Maserati dealer in Jakarta, Indonesia | FerrariChat

Ferrari & Maserati dealer in Jakarta, Indonesia

Discussion in 'Asia' started by shelbee, Mar 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Went to Jakarta and Singapore for last Christmas and made a stop to the only dealer in the country, located in the heart of the capital city, Jakarta.

They only had two cars in the showroom, this silver Maserati coupe and this USED red 360 coupe. The steering wheel is on the right side as they drive on the left side of the road (unlike us in the United States)

The new cars were pre-sold and prices are tremendeously high. They get about 7-8 cars/year for Ferrari, mostly 360 coupe

I did a little bit of an interview with the sales (it happened to be a female and she was pregnant)

The dealer's glass door was always locked for security reason with door bell. Viewing and test drive by APPOINTMENT only with background check.

Somehow she let me in :)

Model (new) Price in US dollars

360 coupe 407,000
    360 spider 415,000
    575M 540,000

plus tax (I think around 20,000??)

They get 2 ENZOs, both red and they have 27 club members including F40 and F50.

The dealer was relatively new, founded in 1999.

It is simply AMAZING

2. shelbee

shelbee Guest

The view from the front,

3. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Oh, by the way they switched from WINDOWS operating system to LINUX operating system. I am kind of bit surprised

4. romeoturk

romeoturk Karting

Feb 5, 2004
    MTL/BRN/Istanbul
    Great info there.. thanks

I like to find out about Ferraris and other luxurious cars (like how many thery are and stuff) in other differnet developing countries..

The prices are pretty high.. In Turkey we have 108% tax on cars as well..

I heard from a indonesian friend that there are a small group (maybe a few thousand people) that run all the major industries and have ALOT of money, It seems normal that they'd buy Ferraris at that price.. (the son of Suharto, Tommy liked Lambos so much he bought part of the company ?!)

How did the other cars on the road look.. was there a visable amount of nice cars (such as Ferraris, BMWs, Mercedes, Range Rover Porsche etc) ?

btw Two enzos! i wonder how much they went for :O... have they arrived yet?

5. shelbee

shelbee Guest

It was a short visit for me and did not get a chance to ask too much unfortunately.

They have tons of luxurious cars there including Aston Martin and Range Rover as well seeing on the road. But the majorities are still Hondas and Toyotas

6. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    why are you surprised about this?

7. shelbee

shelbee Guest

I am not familiar with Linux and I would assume Windows is very easy to use. It is hard to believe that more countries are switching to alternative operating system.

I am thinking of switching to Mac myself :)

8. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    "open-source" code is probably the motive. mac? you're going to the dark side? you might as well trade in the 360 and 550 for a 996 cab and turbo. hahaha LOL!! :)

9. shelbee

shelbee Guest

I like the simplicity and design of the Mac. I think they have their own class, untouchable :)

10. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    "...The dealer's glass door was always locked for security reason with door bell. Viewing and test drive by APPOINTMENT only with background check.

Somehow she let me in :)

Model (new) Price in US dollars

360 coupe 407,000
    360 spider 415,000
    575M 540,000

plus tax (I think around 20,000??)."

Hi Dr Shelbee. Nice pics. Weren't you in Singapore quite recently prior to this recent trip?

In Manila (Philippines) a brand new 360 spider costs about 24.5million pesos
    which is about $429,000...twice the price here in the US!! (Outrageous!)

Most Filipinos (esp. in Manila) look highly on Americans/Westerners. Probably true in most of southeast Asia...and is probably why the salesgirl let you in.
    :).

11. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Strange, I cannot look at the attached pics ???

12. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Hard to believe for 120,000 more you can buy an ENZO in the US if your name is on the list. I wonder how much an ENZO will be??

13. ferrarifans

ferrarifans Rookie

Jun 17, 2004
    hey shelbee,

the photo looks great,awesome,loved it!!I am very surpires that Indonesia have ferrari and maserati dealer,do you have other pictures?I am really wants to see that.thanks

ferrarifans

14. bowcapp

bowcapp Rookie

May 16, 2007
    It's true that Indonesia is a poor country. However, most people categorize indonesians as 2 parts, either the very poor (those wo can't afford to even eat) or the very rich (those who don't know what to do with all their money). Majority of Indonesians are poor though.

15. AC6

AC6 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Is this still the case three years after the start of this thread?

16. bowcapp

bowcapp Rookie

May 16, 2007
    3 years is not that long....the situation hasn't changed much

17. shin

shin Karting

Apr 8, 2004
    Full Name:
    Shin
    Indonesia will increase luxury tax from the current 75% to 200% and supercars will be the first to get impact. That would make Ferrari/Lamborghini prices in Indonesia way more costly than all the neighboring countries (SG, Malaysia, Thailand).

I wonder how the Indonesian dealers of Ferrari, Lamborghini and Bentley are dealing with this.

18. mahwon

mahwon Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2005
    NYC-Shanghai
    you mean the chinese indonesian.
    dats why they are hated there, right?