Anyone charter there own JET? | FerrariChat

Anyone charter there own JET?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Notdads, May 16, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Notdads

Notdads Karting

Nov 16, 2005
    Newport Beach/S.D
    Full Name:
    George K.
    First, I have just been thinking of buying a plane, do to the amount of flying I do per month. Nothing crazy either a Westwind or a Hawker 700a.

Second, I had been talking to a few people... pilots and owners of a Westwind aircraft and both groups have explained to me how the aircraft is making the owner a nice amount of revenue each month through charter. I spoke with the V.P of sales and the FBO I fly with and he wrote me a proposal and cost breakdown for the year of what I could expect if I was to purchase and let them use. So I just wanted to ask and find out if anyone else does this as a business more then just a luxury perk?

2. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    If you pay $15 to subscribe, there are many threads on this in the private forums. :)

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
  4. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    How do you make a small fortune in aviation? Start with a big one.

5. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
  6. Notdads

Notdads Karting

Nov 16, 2005
    Newport Beach/S.D
    Full Name:
    George K.
    Chase, been there done that. I only come on to talk to a few people and it's just not worth it to me.

Also I did check out Avaitor chat but all the talk there is about single engine planes and guys that fly themselfs.

7. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Well with all due respect, if it's not worth it then it's not kosher to just ask it in an area that is not meant to be handling business discussion.

I mean, if I don't pay for the buffet I wouldn't just grab a plate and help myself.

8. Samimi

Samimi Formula 3

Oct 17, 2005
    North of the 49th
    Full Name:
    S.
    You're missing out on all the free food ;)

9. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    But I also don't get tackled by the bouncers :)

10. Notdads

Notdads Karting

Nov 16, 2005
    Newport Beach/S.D
    Full Name:
    George K.
    Well do you look at the menu and see what they are offering or do you just pay them and HOPE they have what you want? I mean are you going to guarantee that if I puchased another memebership everything I asked would be answered to my liking?
    I mean, you would not just go and hand someone money and not recieve what you were paying for and leave with out it correct? Or do you do that...just give money?

Know before I get a post war going on. I enjoy F-chat a great deal I do come on to see whats up and check things out. But all the guys I hang and hung out with from here do not really post anymore so that is why I ended my subscription.
    Plus I just got sick of the post like this, someone who has been apart of F-chat for a long time post something that is not in the right section or is a re-post and all the post-whores jump up and scream and kick about something that is so stupid I cant believe people have time to answer. And im still sure alot of guys are going to jump on and give me **** but whatever. Im just saying I like the old days here better.....good times.

Also SRT Mike what I said above is not about you or anything just making a point.

11. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Do you really think that you are "paying for answers"? No one who posts on these threads makes any money off their postings or is on call to answer your questions based on your subscription status. All a subscription does is give you access to forums where people who might treat your question more seriously spend time hanging out. I just took a look at your prior posts and as far as I can tell, you had maybe 10-20% of your questions answered, and maybe another 20-40% answered partially (at least one of which you were mysterious about the circumstances of your situation). Even though that's not 100%, you probably had answers that would have cost you several hundred $ from CPAs or lawyers if they billed by the hour. If that's not worth it to you, that's fine; but please don't diss the users who gave freely of their time to answer your questions, even if the answers were "not to your liking".

12. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I am just confused because you are wanting to buy an airplane ($$$) but think $15 is too much to get much more serious responses.

Posting your question here is just fine though...it is your perogative. Good luck! :)

13. Notdads

Notdads Karting

Nov 16, 2005
    Newport Beach/S.D
    Full Name:
    George K.
    This is exactly my point..Ylshih everything you just posted has nothing to do with anything I said at all. You twisted everything Chase and SRT said and are making it sound like I said it. Chase and SRT said if I was "suscribed" again I would have access to a area of getting a response. I never said anything about it being "like paying for answers". SRT said that with is cutting in line at the buffet example.

And what does my prior posts being answered have to do with anything? I can care less if I posted a question and no one knows the answer or it does not add up to 100%. And this does go back to that last post on this thread...people get all up and heated over nothing and spin it into something it is not.

I put the theard in off topic why.... because it is not business directly and it is simply does fit in in Avaitor chat.

And who did I diss?

14. Notdads

Notdads Karting

Nov 16, 2005
    Newport Beach/S.D
    Full Name:
    George K.
    aaa F*&k lets drop it...this is not worth any of our time to ***** over.

15. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Yet the original post ends with...

?

16. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Ever consider that speaking like that and having a lot of typos could be one of the reasons this thread never got airborne? A shame because I subscribed to the thread as soon as it went up :(

17. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I'm not especially inspired to answer this, after reading the various responses...

However, since I'm typing anyway, yes, you can get some nice revenue from doing this. Unfortunately, you will get some even nicer expenses! I could give a more detailed explanation, but I will save that for the subscribed section or aviatorchat.

18. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
  19. madmaxatl

madmaxatl Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2007
    Buckhead, Palo Alto
    Full Name:
    Don Johnson
    My family owned a Citation X and a Citation V. You can offest a fraction of the cost by chartering but then if something comes up and you need it and its already been chartered your screwed. We never chartered but I know people who do. They were both great to have but they were a fortune to keep running (on call pilots, fuel, maintenance). Both have been sold for several years now, dumped both when my father retired. The bottom line is, if you want a plane you need to have plenty of money because they are seriously expensive to keep running.

20. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Dude. It's f'n 15 bucks and you will get much more serious answers.

Really though, you should check out NetJets. They do a good job. :)

21. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    This OC to Oxnard commute is killing me...

22. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I guess you could try airliners.net's forum. You have to pay for that to make/reply to posts, but you can search for old posts without signing up. I know some private jet pilots are sometimes on there so they may help you out, but I doubt you'll find any owners of private jets as they probably have other matters to attend.

23. madmaxatl

madmaxatl Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2007
    Buckhead, Palo Alto
    Full Name:
    Don Johnson
    NetJets actually does a fantastic job, a much better job than any owner could do alone. They will also manage certian models of jets, see their website for more info.

24. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    But you are not just wanting to look, you want the same thing as those paying are getting, except you don't want to pay for it. That is unfair to those who do not pay, and those who do pay. It devalues the benefit I got for my payment. Also, it's not up to you to decide if you should be able to sample the pay-content by trying to get it in the free section, that's up to the administrators of the site. They have chosen to make the B&I section available (for posting AND for reading) to pay members. Why do you feel you are justified in circumventing that?

Your post is typical of the "I don't care about everyone else, this is what is best for ME" attitude that is so prevalent in society today. The $15 is not a payment for a specific answer, it's for the site in general. You would not say you have gotten $1.25/mo worth of value from the site?

If you don't want to pay the money, that's fine. Not everyone pays for HBO or for the software they use either. But don't justify taking it for free as "how do I know if I want it until I try it?". It's not your decision to make.

25. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    HBO is clearly not worth it. For six weeks worth of Rome I can have a years subscription to Fchat and support a useful cause. software? I don't understand.
    :D
    BT