360 CS or F430 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 CS or F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by Seth Thomas, Mar 28, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furious_ferrari

furious_ferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Clearly this is one of those "win win" situations. You really cant go wrong with either of them.

2. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Na, never met an entusiast that felt any different. Ahhh, let me correct that. Never met anyone that didn't have love for the CS. Truely an amazing automobile in every aspect.

3. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    #28 tubeguy, Mar 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I got my 430 Spyder a few months ago, and what I like most about it is the comfort, punch, driveway clearance, a suprisingly good sound system, and it was made to my order. I traded in a 2001 360 spyder. No comparison.

My 430 went in for a minor adjustment so I took out the CS more than usual. I realize now just how cool it is. It is crazy. But it's not relaxing. It's a cardio work-out. It requires your attention. The front end is low. The steering is responsive. It's so easy to swing out the rear end but get it back in line at will.

Daily driver w/ long trips?.....430. It's wonderful and as easy to drive as my Porsche 996 Cab.

The CS is waaaaay meaner looking
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Hammer

Hammer Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2006
    Portland - Seattle
    Full Name:
    RK
    No question... CS!

Hammer

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  6. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Kevin, your not going to sell that CS are you?

7. anna

anna Guest

Oct 10, 2006
    430 is the way to go. The CS is old technology, soon to be replaced by the Light Pasta (oops Pista!)

8. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    No....I think I will always keep it. I have tis funny feeling it may be one of the cars that truly will be a collectors item in later years. But that's not why I'm keeping it.

It's because it's somehow special...and there is a story to not just that model but to my car in particular.

But you never know with this stuff. I swore I would never get rid of my M3 but drove the new Quattroporte automatic. Incredible. So mu next car will be a Granturismo. The new QP I would recommend to anyone without a blink.

9. PapaiK

PapaiK Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kyle
  10. peterb

peterb Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    milan italy
    Full Name:
    peter ross
    as an everyday car- go with the 430- as a special driver- buy the cs. the cs is a collectors item- the 430 is a standard production car. even when the 430 lp arrives the cs will be a collectors item and the 430 will be an even more standard production car.

11. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Congradulations on the Maser, it is nice to know everything is going well. I remember when you first got the Corsa CS and brought it to Dave's F1 Party, god what a beautiful classic car.

12. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    The one issue with the CS versus the 430 LP is this...I work in manufacturing, and I am self-taught at marketing. The special editions is a way to add some pop the the ending line, and to get people used to a price increase.

So the CS retailed for a smidge over $200k w/stripe. A lot more than a standard 360. The 430 LP will be a bit higher than the 430 coupe is now. So it's all relative.

So if I sold the CS for A 430 LP....it would be an quite up-charge. I have no doubts the new model will rock as I see this period as the best of the best Ferrari has done.

And the 360 CS is so friggin mean looking.....I get a boner thinking about it. And when my friends get inside....they are scared. Ha! They should be!

13. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    Ideally, having both would be the thing to do. One for weekends and the track (if thats what you fancy) and one for daily purposes.

If you have to pick one, go with what you like the most. If you want comfort and luxury, go with the 430. If you like the "raw" driving experience, go with the strad.

Me personally, I think the CS looks better than the 430. That is my sole reason for picking the strad over the 430. As far as the CS being a collectors item (and increasing in value) I doubt it. Its not an F40. Even though there are less strads than f40's, the CS is still close enough to a modena where it doesn't set itself apart significantly (my opinion). The F40 on the other hand, is radically different from any of its contemporaries. Besides, the F40, as far as performance goes, is still the benchmark 2 decades later. I don't see the CS being revolutionary in any aspect. Don't get me wrong, I love the CS and it is a very sexy looking car. However, I don't think it will hold a special place in ferrari history like the F40 does. If the 430LP/serie special makes it over to the US market, the CS will be the last generation model and a thing of the past. If it doesn't make it over here, something better eventually will.

-Peter

PS If I'm wrong about the CS, noone will be happier than me.=)))

14. thusly

thusly Karting

15. HKE46Boy

HKE46Boy Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    CA
    Full Name:
    RENN Spec
    Is this the same Seth Thomas who drives the Bimmerworld SWC E90?

16. babyruth95746

babyruth95746 Karting

Feb 11, 2007
    granite bay, ca
    Full Name:
    steve r
    360 cs with capristo stage 3, BEST CAR IN THE WORLD IMHO :)

17. tan03

tan03 Karting

Dec 5, 2004
    CS = belt and 430 = chain, correct?

Back to the topic, doesn't matter which one but get one with F1 (CS=no choice), it's the full experience.

18. coledoggy

coledoggy Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    ole miss
    Full Name:
    todd
    just got my rs stradale yesterday with factory stripe and black leather interior from shelton ferrari. can not imagine a more beautiful car out there! 430 does'nt hold a candle to it looks wise.

19. dsunnym1

dsunnym1 Karting

Mar 7, 2007
    MIAMI,FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    SUNNY
    I saw your car at Shelton before you bought it...... Awesome!!

I was very tempted !!

20. coledoggy

coledoggy Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    ole miss
    Full Name:
    todd
    thanks, even my wife likes it!

21. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    I've had a GT3, CS, and now 430. I prefer the 430 especially in my part of the US where pot holes and cinders on the street are the norm. Also the 430 has gobs more power/torque then both the GT3 and CS which you could really use on the street.

22. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    Black 360 cs with black wheels or a f430 novitec (blue)

23. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Had a cs sold it. Bought a 430 didnt rate it, bought another cs. Happy as a pig in muck now :D

24. Challenge Stradale

Challenge Stradale Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2005
    SOBE!!!!!
    Full Name:
    M.A.A.R.
    CS there is no other way!!!!!!!!

25. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    CS. But better yet wait for the 430LP. It will be a bigger leap over the 430 than the CS was over the 360. I can hardly wait for my 430LP to arrive. I would not even think about getting the successor model of the 430 instead of the 430LP