Help Find Madelaine | FerrariChat

Help Find Madelaine

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Hud, May 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Full respect to this young girls parents for keeping themselves positive and focussed.

I have a beautiful young daughter the same age as Madeleine, words and prayers cant express my wishes enough for Madeleines safe return.

http://www.findmadeleine.com

2. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    I ditto that. Must be the worst thing ever.

3. Nickt

Nickt Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Iver, Buckinghamshir
    Full Name:
    Nick T
    +1

I work closely with CEOP and have been asked to publicise this link for people with any information.

http://www.ceop.gov.uk/

Specifically, we are urging anyone who was in or around the Ocean Club Resort in the two weeks leading up to Madeleine’s disappearance on Thursday 3rd May to come forward with photographs that were taken and may provide vital information to investigators.

CEOP are asking the public to upload digital image files directly to the CEOP Centre’s dedicated website (www.madeleine.ceopupload.com).

4. Roughneck

Roughneck Karting

Aug 2, 2005
    +2 totally agree.

One can not even imagine what this must be like....

I would be willing to drive with a decal or something on my car to help... if anyone can think of a way we all may help out?

Thanks for starting this thread Rob i have just thrown in £110.00 to help them.

Maybe a meet up of all of us with a drive from one end of the country to the other etc, bound to get alot of press etc and keep it on the front pages maybe?

5. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    What a superb idea.

More than willing to offer support.

nice gesture changing your avtar too btw .

6. Roughneck

Roughneck Karting

Aug 2, 2005
    Thanks Rob.

Just had a word with Ad and maybe Manchester to London?

Feelers out for decals etc..

If anyone has any further ideas maybe we could get this rolling?

7. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Given that we have so many Ferraris attending the Silverstone weekend, can we not arrange for a convoy to meet on the Saturday at say Grange Park (j15 M1) and go in procession to Silverstone?

We can raise funds, create awareness, etc?

I would sincerely hope she is found safe and well by this stage, the awareness and spectacle can be put to good use elsewhere?

8. Roughneck

Roughneck Karting

Aug 2, 2005
    Good call yes...that would be most excellent.

How many are going from here Rob?

9. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    That i wouldn't know yet but if we can come up with a suitable meeting time time, then the necessary thread can be created.

I would like it if all other suitable forums could participate in this gesture, possibly even the FOC (although i know they have enough on their plate with the 60th arrangements).

Can anyone confirm what time activities on the Saturday at Silverstone commence?

10. Roughneck

Roughneck Karting

Aug 2, 2005
    Just called FOC, Saturday and Sunday for that matter first on track action is around 8.45am to be on the safe side.

Also they confirmed they do not see any issues if cars have decals on and are in the parade that they should be ok and will not have any issues being allowed into the Parade.

Also informed me that its illegal to have a convoy of over i think 12 cars she said in the UK, so need to stick a Skoda or summit every 11th car :)

11. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    So if we did an 8am start, the traffic would be light and we would be in plenty of time for the first activities. Silverstone is approx 20 mins from J15.

In terms of being illegal i will ensure we have the necessary permissions.

12. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I will contact New Wave Logistics on Grange Park and ask for permission to use there car park as a meeting point. They have four large industrial units up there and more than adequate facilities for whatever number of cars wished to participate.

13. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  14. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
  15. Roughneck

Roughneck Karting

Aug 2, 2005
    Thanks Tony.

Anyone know who could help out with decal's etc?

Thinking her face (the one we have as avatar's as its the most known) with the website address as its easy to read and remember?

16. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I have spoken with Mark (Radders) and he will happily manage this aspect of things.

17. Roughneck

Roughneck Karting

Aug 2, 2005
    Superb didn't know that man could do such things :D

Rob i should think alot of people may be going both days so possibly meet up both mornings? Something into consider...?

18. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Something like this will take alot of effort, also, i wouldnt want to dilute our efforts by spreading it onto two days . The Saturday is the day for the record convoy so it would make most sense to aim for this day in my mind.

best if we communicate by pm/email from now and we can publish details once plan is finalised.

19. Nicola

Nicola Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Northampton
    If that fails then Budgens will have a good size (almost empty) car park in a safe area, plus you can spot it as you come off j15.

20. Radders

Radders Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    hello guys and gals, sorry been out getting new tyres fitted (taken over 2 hours :( )

what sort of decals are we thinking? i have our resident designer standing by

would we need permission to use Madeleine picture?

21. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam

I'm sure we can get that sorted between us. Craig...ring me please, new thread starting soon.

22. Roughneck

Roughneck Karting

Aug 2, 2005
    Ad just spoke to CEOP and they are getting us clearance to use Maddy's image.

23. Radders

Radders Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    excellent

24. Kam

Kam Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    London. UK
    Full Name:
    Kam Singh
    Craig, if you need further help with CEOP, give me a bell. I know most of the guys and deal with them on a regular basis.

25. Roughneck

Roughneck Karting

Aug 2, 2005
    Thanks bud - just spoke and fired off an email to Helen, not sure if you could "hurry" then up abit as i presume the more time Mark has for decals the better.